LCD's thoughts on KI

agreed. thanks for the time u spent in your reply.

1 Like

Whats going on here sounds like your being harassed

Anyway, Ive have not been here as long as some of
you, but from what Ive read of some of your post’s

it sounds like your well informed, and like to
document your passion with KI.

I admit your 2 hours video was somewhat lengthy,
but If did not want to watch it I did not have too.

My point is if somebody does not like you, or
your post’s they can simply keep it moving.
Dont let nobody push you away. Ever-

And to the people who just dont get it.
IF FOR YOU DONT LIKE, DONT CLICK.
AND YOU DONT HAVE TO CLICK.

This video is long enough to have its own CinemaSins video about it so I may have to come back later. Conveniently, the 1st sin would be 12 minutes of intros, and that’s being generous because I’ve reached minute 15 and you’re still on the introduction.
Here you mention that “we all like to talk about what’s wrong with the game”. I haven’t been around a lot of KI players in person but the ones I do deal with, here and on XBL, are not mostly talking about what’s wrong with the game. There’s a lot of leveling up going on everywhere that I think you may be missing/minimizing. The GGs thread, replay and analysis thread, people online asking for help after a match or just sending a ggs. I will give you one bonus point for trying to start with the positive points, but I have to take it back immediately for taking it from the perspective of “the end”. Like you say, we don’t know anything. This could not be the end, we could have another season or smaller updates over the course of the year. Taking that stance seems a little weird to me.
The recap of KIWC was going well, props to Brandon and the event, props to the players you played. Claiming you’re a better Orchid than Dayton after one match though? I’d like to see a FT5 or FT10, that would be a better gauge.
About the other games bit, am I wrong in thinking that there were stations for other games at the event or was that just for the smaller tournaments they ran?
Good section on some of the positives around minute 27, I like that you admit you can be a little more
 exuberant when it comes to dev feedback. Then, on the very last good thing you had to say about KI, you just had to go and say Kim was garbage. Ok, she may not fit your playstyle, as is evident from your experience with Maya where you got bored and that’s totally fine. Other people can still be good with her, this is a game where every character is viable in the right hands after all.
32 minutes in and we’re already starting with the dislikes? 
 this is going to be an enjoyable dinner. First problem, DH made a buggy, unbalanced game in a year’s time. Please do not deny that, as much as I loved KI coming back and wanting to play it as quickly as I could, I will not be turning a blind eye to the crap there was if we’re going to be scrutinising how well IG is doing with the game. Its difficult to make a great game on a shoestring budget in a limited time, a lot of games have to struggle to accomplish it with one of those handicaps let alone both so DH laid a great foundation and IG built on that with their seasonal model. We’ve been spoiled by it actually, I want other games to take their time, polish their content and not have annual releases but somehow KI should have content every year and it should include more and more things each time?
Now we get to the more subjectives parts, the “wishy-washy” design direction. I like the design direction, I don’t think its a bad thing to change the rules because a new character can take advantage of it (because he’s a new creative character design, something you praised them for adding). Lets take for example, oh I dunno just picking something random here
 Orchid air throw. With the introduction of Gargos and more air command grabs that lead to decent damage plus the juggle you get off of the air throw with Orchid make them potent tools that need to have a break point. As for why certain characters can do certain things but others can’t, you sound like you’re completely ignoring everything about the character except that one thing, and that kind of thinking will never result in a good argument.
Minute 35ish-I’ve been playing since Season 2, does that disqualify me from the count of people who matter? I’ve been around for patches, changes made to characters and adjusting to what the game is throwing at me. This is going to happen, that’s the model KI went for (and which some are adopting by the way). Wouldn’t you agree that creative archetypes would make for more balancing patches, especially given what we know about the resources? Also for once I would actually like someone to say they have many examples of something, and then duck out by saying here’s just a couple. Your examples have been responded to by better players so I’ll leave that and move on to the part I was really interested in, the bugs.
I need everyone to stop right here, when you get to this point in the video, and skip to whatever section is next. This guy has no idea how development works, if you’ve ever been part of one you would know that its a common occurrence to see bugs reappear in the cycle. You don’t even see 90% of the bugs that the team gets rid of. You think you’re frustrated with a bug? Try having a job that depends on you finding it before a consumer does, and with accurate steps and details about where & how it happens. Can you imagine having to deal with a deadline like IG does and having to prioritize their bug list while also developing new content in order to match their release dates?
From everything I’ve heard, your problem stems from your inability to realize that just playing grounded footsies and identifying a character as a grounded footsies character does not mean that is the only style they can play.
Ok you hate Shadow Lords. Cool, I enjoyed it and if they keep updating it, I’ll keep enjoying it. Fighting AI can be fun if random variables are introduced. There is also multiplayer with the Guardians and Consumables if you want to be competitive about it. A casual player contributes much more to the life of a game than you do, as bad as it may be to hear.
Kudos on bringing up the Online Training mode (shoutouts to @Marbledecker, wherever he may be). But again, we don’t just say go watch a video or check out Infil’s guide. We invite people to the GGs thread to find matches, we invite people to long sets, we send tips and advice over XBL. We try to help to the best of our ability, with the easiest responses being “hey whenever you’ve got the time, check out some of these videos or the guide that has a lot of useful information”. Preferring to be a visual or hands-on learner, eh why not both. If you know the rules of the game, you can make a pretty accurate guess of what’s coming next.
I completely agree with the Tournament mode thing, Lobbies need to have some sort of settings at least for set length and character lock to make it more like a tournament setting. Its tedious to go through so many loading screens when you have to play the same opponent but go through character and stage select and all the loading that comes with it over and over again. However, who told you it would take a week to program? Did they also tell you how long it would take to fully integrate and then test to see if it broke something else?
Replays and Dojo need a boost as well, sure. It is quite outdated and should have been worked on earlier. It is for training and if people can’t learn how to play the game properly, they’re not going to have too much fun. I don’t like the implication that it was not in the game because of Shadow Lords, I like to argue that SL in its own way is trying to teach you how to play KI (Snake-combo management, Exemplar-breaker timing, Bat-max damage combos, Fracrured Ward-interrupting strings etc).
We definitely should have more costumes and accessories, no doubt about that. Shadow, Mimic, Gold and Terror skins are nice but some more unique designs would be appreciated a lot and would definitely be worth $5 for 3 unlike the Gold ones. Retros need some fixing too, sure but a lot of them are pretty good. The Orchid booty thing, stop beating that horse please. I resent the idea that it is “showing respect” to me and is “what KI is known for”. I already got what KI was known for, being crazy loud and a ■■■■■■■ awesome game, I don’t need a suggestive boob flash to make me enjoy it any more than I do now. They have repeatedly said that this is not in their idea of what KI should be, don’t give me the example of SF who had to censor Cammy’s and Mika’s CA along with banning the beach stage and the swimsuits for Capcom Cup streams. That just shows me the headlines we avoided by not going there in the first place. Comparing with MKX is just beyond silly, so lets leave that one.
I don’t understand the complaint about the reused animations. Reusing things happens all the time everywhere else, and when you’ve admitted that you know the game’s on a low budget, why wouldn’t you come to the logical conclusion that reusing animations but still making a different archetype is a very smart business decision? She plays nothing like Hisako and while she is buggy, she is still fun to play. I choose to look beyond the reuse because its done well, I’m sure a lot of others share that opinion.
I cannot stress this enough, I don’t care if you quit streaming KI, I don’t care if anyone stops streaming KI. You are free to leave whenever you want and someone else will take that place. Just because at some point you were a ‘community leader’ doesn’t just make your input any more important than any one else, until you start making silly videos with silly arguments about why KI is dying. The trolls eat that ■■■■ up and we have to deal with that nonsense everywhere else.
Stop pretending to know what people want because you spoke to a small sample, and for whatever you think Scorpio is goig to be, it is not next-gen. Its still the same generation with clearer visuals, there’s really no reason why it would be anything but sharper visually.

Yeesh, time to sleep already and still 30 minutes to go. Might add in stuff later if I feel like it but I probably won’t, because I’m lazy.
LCD, you asked anyone watching the video to watch to the end so now I have to request you to read my entire response. I mean you no disrespect, you put out what I thought was great content at one time but since then we have disagreed on a lot of things. I still wish you the best in everything and I hope you don’t see anything I say in a hostile manner.

12 Likes

Same to you man! Much appreciated.

Oh I just like the Spidey Quote. One of my favorite movies.

Fixing for clarity.

2 Likes

They could hire Kurt Angle and the crowd would go “YOU SUCK YOU SUCK” when they hear his theme.

Wait, so this video posted to YouTube was not supposed to be for people on this forum? So people interested in the game are not supposed to curious about what one of the “community leaders” has to say about it on an online video, and shouldn’t have watched it as a result? Who was supposed to watch this? What is the audience? Why make this video? The whole idea of “this isn’t for you” for a video opinion piece seems misguided to me. If you consider yourself a community leader, you should expect people to be interested in your take in one of the main places where the fans congregate to discuss these exact topics. You can’t have it both ways.

Obviously, personal attacks are off-base and uncalled for, and sadly that’s prevalent online, and shouldn’t happen. However, the idea that the criticism and critique regarding the points it was trying to make is off-limits is silly. Debating the points of the video and the tone of the criticism is not attacking the person.

I watched bits and pieces and there was some stuff I agreed with, but a lot of stuff I very much disagreed and for which I thought the criticism was way off-base and the tone leaned toward being a bit disrespectful to the dev’s efforts. That’s fine, people can have healthy debate, but it’s important to distinguish between critiquing the opinions made and tone used from attacking the person.

2 Likes

Also, one more thing that I forgot to note.

Clearly you don’t understand what the twitch community became.

2 Likes

There’s a reason grimmmmz moved on, eh? The problem is the streamers aren’t much better in many cases

Also, I want to add that I like Shadow Lords and definitely don’t think it was a waste of effort. I really enjoy going into SL (and Shadow Survival) to practice playing with the different characters. I just wish there were more rewards for doing it and more variety (like AI guest mimics, more special encounters and quests, branching paths, different end-bosses, etc)

The only thing about SL that’s a unanimous waste is the multiplayer component, which needs a major revamp to be something worthwhile to play.

Very dissapointed with some responses in this thread. Almost wanting to leave the community. I’m not a fan of LCD but some people messages were out of place. I’m not saying “like him” but at least respect the passion this guy had for the game. He made clear his points and yes
He didn’t post it here but he has done it before and therefore answered int his same forums. The media was youtube, then wasn’t youtube the right place to answer in this case?

Attacking a person that’s not taking part of the forums wasn’t cool. The game may be perfect for some and not that perfect for others. Tournaments placings too, what does it have to do with him not having fun with the game anyome? oh, I mean
Yes, it has to do! Going to play a game that won’t give you the same satisfaction is not the same. But I don’t agree it’s because just the “S3 adjustments” regarding to his skills.

LCD does a show in his stream and I didn’t catch it right away. At first I was “what’s wrong with him” but then I understood it’s part of the show =) I heard what he had to say, and did the same regarding other streamers. I’ll take what I share and I will dismiss the other stuff. But at leats, before that, I will consider if what they are saying is valid or not, or even a good idea.

PS: sorry my grammar or whatever, not English speaker.

1 Like

I’m disappointed in people who speak in hyperbole and absolutes and then when they are called on it they play the victim card.

You reap what you sow.

I’m sorry I don’t have any patience for LCD and his toxicity to the game and IG. I think it’s absurd how rude and disrespectful he’s been towards them especially given all they’ve done for him. Christ they invited him into their studio to play the game with them! Do you know how many people here would have loved to have such an opportunity?!

IG has bent over backwards for the community taking far more feedback than other devs do. Hell they’re currently putting in ultimates something people on the forums have been begging for for a long time. Clearly they listen and value feedback to imply otherwise is truly disrespectful to them and their efforts.

People here don’t hate LCD. I know I don’t, how can I? I don’t know him on a personal level. I do however hate some of the hyperbolic things he says. And I’m not buying the victim card he’s playing after his video has been dissected and exposed for it’s contradictions and toxicity. There are many users who paid him a great deal of respect watching the whole thing and maturely responding to the various complaints he makes. And in return rather than open a dialog with them he cops out with “I’m a victim getting bullied by the community”? Where is the respect in return?

15 Likes

I’ve been lurking in the KI community from the beginning. I read the comments and etc throughout the years; And from my perspective, LCD catches entirely too much flack. Sometimes I agree with him, sometimes I don’t, but he gets picked on too much for his opinions that are largely constructive, and it’s not warranted.

Hate him, or love him, he’s one of the most recognizable faces in this community, and he has a passion for the game. He streams, he goes to tournaments, he creates KI content on social media, he goes to MS to test the game. He deserves more respect.

3 Likes

People bringing up his skills is kinda unwarranted. I agree on that.

But LCD gets the amount of respect that he gives out. Calling Jago players trash (even pros), constantly whining about skimpy outfits, begging for buffs for your main until she is buffed to the moon
 And then dropping her makes you lose a significant amount of respect for him. LCD has lots of valid points but he brings too much BS with it.

There are lots of people who stream and create content for the game. We respect those people too. But most don’t bring this behavior with them.

I don’t want to keep bringing LCD baggage, but people keep asking “why aren’t you listening to LCD!?” Well this is why.

4 Likes

Your grammar is fine, but I just disagree with you on this. Beyond the respect that I would show to any stranger, I’m not sure why or how any of us owe LCD anything. He’s not providing me with a valuable service by playing KI, and I don’t appreciate the way he trashes the game - during his stream, on YouTube and on these forums.

The OP in this thread took a publicly available YouTube link and posted it. It’s not “private” as LCD claimed. And besides which, someone stick it here. With very few exceptions, people commented on the content of the video. And not for nothing, most of us have heard these things before from LCD because he has been happy to share his views through his stream, other videos and in print on the forums. So there’s nothing new here.

Most people are talking about the content of the video. A very small number of posts digress but, frankly not in any way that I would consider out of bounds for civilized discussion. I’m sorry that LCD feels bad about it, but I’m failing to see the part where it’s all of our responsibility to nurture his ego.

9 Likes

Well
 this thread was something. Probably shouldn’t have gone through to read every post.

1 Like

Wait what
 This video just get removed. :confused:

1 Like

This was the communities idea?

So where is this LCD guy I want to hear from him

If anybody wants to pay my bills Ill go to
tournaments, and make videos, ill even go to MS and
talk to the guy who nerfed Riptors Ultimate.

1 Like

On CrazyLCD’s official YouTube channel, in fact :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: