LCD's thoughts on KI

the old style manual system was pretty bad in some ways. i remember the amount of complaints over it on here back at the advent of season 2 couple years ago. now it needs to come back? lol, rose colored glasses do no good here. we lost a bunch of players who ate lock outs all day from free styling jagos among other things.

the old manual system was fun, but when it comes to drawing in new people or keeping our rookies, it was not very good there. people can only take an ■■■ whooping for so long. even with the new manual system we have now, and the “easy” combo breaking does it still drive people off because they’re tired of getting beaten to death by a tire iron from a veteran player.

Well the Notebook has scenes that payoff the painful part of watching the whole thing. At least you can skip to the good parts too.

Think outside the box

You make a good point. Sometime the “bugs” are what some communities like about the game. I have a feeling they are trying to sell this new content to increase the budget for something that have planned for the future. Though I don’t dig the gold skins, I’m gonna go ahead and buy them later today.

That happened about 4 times for me in S1 and the yeah my data was also switched to my brothers file leaving me with nothing, once in the early stages of S2 , and once more but willingly in S3 due to the glitch that wouldn’t allow me to play KI at all.

uhhh … I’ll just drop this here …

3 Likes

I’ve been around since season 1 and yeah, I disagree for the most part regarding quality aspects.

Season 1 had moldy cheese like: unbreakables (sadira was BS), the spinal release bug that would crash the game if you teleported as spinal at a specific corner, Spinal reset bug which Ig recently fixed, wulf had an unbreakable manual glitch because of hitstun issues, or what about jalulz (jago) with plus frames all over, unreactable freestyle manuals, full screen safe windkicks etc.

We also had a desync bug where instead on dropping when the connection pooped out, you would be left fighting a dense ai.

What about the s1 retros and asthetics? Some of those retros look like they were coded by a drunk person.

I can go on and on but yeah, people sell ig short. It takes talent to take an incomplete game with a nightmare of code, sparce resources and little time, and turn it into a game worth playing. I feel like they understood what dh wanted to do with KI and ended up giving KI its own identity. People dont only acknowledge it for its universal fight system but for its batsht crazy fighter archetypes and its diversity.

I mean for a game where one toon is playing SF and one is playing Mahvel in the same match and there is harmonious balance says alot…i can be on that SF trip and pull out jago or raam, I can be on that anime trip and pull out Kan Ra, aria etc.

This is the only game i can think of where achieving this fusion is possible.

The game has problems, sure, but it wasn’t always somehow better. Au contraire theres much more stability now. Alot of the gameplay bugs that have stacked up are old as heck, some created by DH…

7 Likes

Yeah sorry LCD isn’t going to get 2 hours of my time. I have faith that one day he’s going to grow up and he’s going to have a more mature perspective of what happened with this game. To be blunt he really strikes me as a whiny entitled child.

The kid is burnt out, it happens. I love KI but I’ve taken month breaks at times because I wasn’t having fun. That’s life.

It’s called “The Law of Diminishing Returns” it’s a law that applies to mechanical operation but it pretty much works for everything in life. As input stays the same output decreases. When you first put time (input) into a video game it’s often a lot of fun, as time goes on the amount of fun (output) goes down. Think the first time you counterbreak someone vs. when you counterbreak someone years down the road the output (your reaction) is a bit different. And not to sound too much like a philosophical stoner but this works for everything. If I lift the same weight everyday, I eventually start seeing less overall improvement than I originally had. The divorce rate is high, people jump into relationships and the output is huge initially then as time goes on and the input stays the same that output goes away.

What I’m saying is LCD needed to accept either he needed to change his input, or accept that he wasn’t having fun anymore and that’s normal as time goes on. What’s he’s instead gone on and done is hurt the thing he loves out of some egocentric attitude of it being the game’s fault and not his own.

7 Likes

You formed a really strong opinion about something that you didn’t even bother spending time listening to.

4 Likes

Im willing to bet I have more KI memorabilia than most people in the community. LCD is only known becasue he made top 8 EVO 3 years ago. He hasnt done anything since except fall further and further from that spot each year. And with each loss come more and more “issues” with the game that he considers as road blocks from him returning to his lucky EVO placement.

Great players = consistency- LCD is neither.

4 Likes

Its so popular to dislike LCD geez guys :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

He’s made Top 8 at almost every single offline major he’s attended, including the premier KI tournaments like Combo Breaker.

6 Likes

Ok list them then… from the past year.

Your about to get dunked on kid lmfao.

1 Like

Having listened to LCD in the past, I wonder what would have happened had he not lost his money match with Thompxson after KIWC.

1 Like

. . . . . .no. He’s still a really relevant KI tournament player. The guy is crazy good. NWM 2016, SCR 2016 and Frosty Faustings 2017.

2 Likes

No it doesn’t. His opinion has no impact on your enjoyment.

1 Like

I’ve given him enough time in the past and I hit the intro and 4 other parts of the video briefly to affirm it’s the same song and dance he’s been spewing for months now.

Listen I get it, you spend tons of time dedicating yourself to something. And then you stop having fun and it makes you wonder, was it worth all that time I spent? Maybe it’s hard to remember that you actually had a lot of fun because all you can think about is that you’re not having fun now. So it’s hard not to be bitter when you’ve convinced yourself that you’ve wasted so much of your valuable time.

I watched your streams paul and I watched LCD’s. I’ve given you both my own personal earnings in support in the past. You guys had a lot of fun with this game it was plain to see, don’t forget that.

2 Likes

Im not saying he isnt good. But anyone that consistently looses and then blames the game doesnt have my respect.

You dont see ppl that consistently win , blame the game.

Thats all I have to say on this and nothing more.

1 Like

http://rank.shoryuken.com/rankings/player/byname/LCD#KI

1 Like