LCD's last video depicts my exact feelings about the future ok KI!

the scorpio is a project that from what i heard could make the xbox:scorpio(or whatever they end up calling it) rival the best pc machine in capabilities possibly surpass it.

the hopes is to spend a good solid 4 years imo preferrably 5 years creating an IG created engine from the bottom up specifically for IG’s vision of KI and hopefully with the financial backing similar to mk create a game with lie 20 something charecters starting out with fancy modes and etc.

this engine we are currently using isnt ig created but by DH which restricts some of the technical decisions IG might want to make.

In theory it’s doable - look at SF Turbo HD remix - it has multiple graphical versions within the game that can be played online against each other. But I think it might be pretty hard. I think they would probably get better return on their effort just taking the current game and running in higher res and with enhanced effects.

In theory the “fighting” part of the game is just the interaction between all the boxes you see when you turn on hit boxes. That would be relatively easy to recreate. But getting the current games engine to communicate with a whole new engine would probably be pretty tough.

1 Like

Why is it pretty clear that MS won’t be doing generations anymore ?

Because they said they aren’t. They are releasing Scorpio as a more powerful Xbox One next year, but the games will all be the same and they have promised backwards compatability. They are moving towards an iPhone or iPad style hardware model where any new iteration runs off the same operating system and plays the same games.

I’d prefer a 4th season at this point. Let them do the same graphical upgrade to the characters (especially faces and hair) that they did to the stages. Add in ultimates since so many fans want them. Add in Eagle and some of those awesome sounding character concepts. Maybe even have some retro stages available for ultra pack purchasers. I’d also like to see them give some of the earlier season one characters a bit more to play with. Specifically the first five.

This game is insanely fun. I see no reason for them to quit now. For what? For some better graphics? Scorpio’s coming in about a year and a half from now. I honestly wouldn’t mind letting that guy and all of his flops come out and hang in the marketplace for a little while so devs can really figure out how to harness its power before we start talking about a new KI with better graphics.

I also don’t want to see any of these characters disappear just yet. They’re all fun designs with unique things going on, but I sincerely doubt they all make the cut in the next game. I know, cuts are inevitable, but I don’t see why everyone’s in such a rush to end this fun experience for whatever unknown might be around the corner.

Hopefully we get a 9th character in August to smooth out the waiting period for shadow lords, then the game sits for about six months after that and hopefully then we get season 4 rolling. That’s what I’d like to see anyways. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I agree with getting into too many characters territory with Season 4. It is unfortunate you think Season 3 is the worst condition KI has been in. I would be up for content added to the current game and I would also be happy with a new KI for 2017 or 2018. I’m happy with KI as a franchise right now so it could really go anywhere for me. I just want it to be awesome.

Yeah I know about Scorpio. But what about the eventual console that comes out after Scorpio? Like Sony is releasing the neo but eventually there will be a ps5.

just make a brand new game with a new engine and bring Mick Gordon back! (+delete flip out and stagers)

put me in the camp that wants to see seasons continue indefinitely.

4 Likes

I want sequel because I want to see what IG does if they build the game from the ground up instead of having to work with what DH left them. I’m sure there is some stuff that DH did they don’t agree with but can’t actually change.

1 Like

I want Season 4 100 percent, this game doesnt need a sequel for a long time. However a graphical update for the exact same game would be awesome for scorpio.

3 Likes

Somthing tells me we won’t see a sequel announcement until 2019. Which is the year of KI’s 25th anniversery.

3 Likes

I would love a sequel indeed.

I would like them to make the game easier to understand while focusing on something new like team battles. Whether offline or online, “take two for the team” would be my motto for a sequel.

Some ideas:

• decide on 5 or 6 archetypes and have specific mechanics for that particular archetype. Everyone who selects a certain character will know what mechanics are available. For example, a grappler would be able to recapture but other archetypes wouldn’t. A rush down character has flipouts but not other archetypes, etc, etc. So, Combo breakers work the same for all but a archetype specific mechanic doesn’t differ but at the same time will not available to each archetype.
  • Have players select two characters to form their favorite team and square off. I would not implement tag team or any features (although I am a big fan) but just that a second character comes in once the first character 's health bar has been depleted. Only story mode will have “fixed” pairs of characters (eg.Mira & Maya, Thunder & Aganos, etc.). Tournaments would have one on one (bass vs sleep) or two on two matches (bass and sleep team up against Thompxson and Nicky).
  • As the memorization if ADs can be daunting , Have a limit of 14 initial characters + 1 boss. Just 7 team stages and a boss stage.
  • To further simplify things I would remove shadow moves and shadow meters. I would like instinct bars to have multiple uses (enhance specials, instinct mode). Shadow counters I would replace with Escapes. These Escapes also bring the fight back to neutral like combo breakers.

In summary , Team focused gameplay, simplification of the game by doing things like tying mechanics to archetypes, limiting the number of characters. These are ideas I suggest for a sequel. Characters keep the crazy tools, but less back and forth. Biggest feature would be team focused gameplay.

2 Likes

you want MvC?

I like this community in general so team based gameplay and the opportunity to have collaboration between players is what I think would be different enough to warrant a sequel.

For season four I would love them to fix up all the clipping ( like retro jago sword goes through his sash in his into) and small character issues by upgrading character models. Give the remaining season 3 characters stages and maybe add 4 characters that add to the lore. I would basically make season 4 be more of a rebuilding of the world after the chaos of the invasion. Maybe the four characters one being eagle could all be characters who were either freed from ultra tech after the invasion or maybe creatures from the astral plains who want to stay on earth.

Yeah I’d much rather have a full sequel (KI4) over season 4. The game is becoming disjointed and too intimidating to jump into fur new players.

IG/MS take your time and make a full KI sequel for Scorpio, in the meantime give us new retros, stages and quality of life updates for Season 3.

1 Like

The thing is, a new season yes, generates some buzz… but a new game, that’s what you need to get the FGC attettion.

BUT, it has to represent a big quality shift. If MS is not willing to invest the same amount of money it goes into a NRS game it’s not worth doing it at all.
If the budget is similar to this game, than it’s better to just go on with seasons.

What I wish is to see KI with full AAA production value being presented at E3 or Gamescom 2017/2018 with something similar to what tekken 7 did. Cinematic scene transitioning seamlessly to gameplay… THAT WAS HYPE, that’s the kind of things that make people heads turn no matter what!

KI has the potential to be in the same conversation with SF, MK and Tekken. Gameplay wise is already there… it deserves that production quality. Also it should be a main series for Xbox/win10 along side forza, gears and halo. If MS doesn’t invest big time in this game I think they are relly missing out.

Ah, and also, the story has to go on, I would have some of the classic characters and many many brand new ones. New villains and new good guys with an entirely new storyline:)

2 Likes

Seriously. I’m curious about what a “sequel” could offer, but so far nobody’s saying anything about what “sequel” even means. There’s no way they would get away with creating KI2 (KIX?) and leaving out any of the original roster. So, day 1 would need everyone. So, a roster change wouldn’t make any sense, right?

Presumably, new game means new engine. What could they do with a new engine that they couldn’t do with the current engine?

Otherwise, why a sequel, besides appealing to the irrational side of us that equates “sequel” with “fresh” and then “fresh” with “exciting?”

1 Like

You know, that’s pretty cool. I’m imagining a “training mode” in which pros can spar against new people and use voice comms to introduce people to the game. The system would also let trainers get paid for their work. And of course the trainees would be the ones paying.