LCD's last video depicts my exact feelings about the future ok KI!

a new engine could make a world of difference given the right budget and the right people building the game. Also when I say sequel I mean real sequel with the story going forward and new original characters showing up.

Add dojo for other characters would be awesome and a great way to help new people into the game. You could even have skins or colours that unlock for completing the dojo tasks to encourage and reward people for learning the fundamentals of their character - helping to prevent frustration and people trying the game once and then quitting.
Add dojo tasks teaching things like adaptation - countering fireballs - being aware of setups such as blockstrings etc.

Make being able to do the dojo challenges with any character something that is always free even for characters they haven’t unlocked, so people are more likely to then invest in the game/buy additional characters etc.

I’ve always thought Season 3 was the perfect end to this game, 27 characters is a really strong number for any fighting game! And we finally have every retro character in the game.

I think a full blown sequel is the way to go. Higher budget, straight to retail, $60, all the characters that are currently in this game (besides guests) plus a handful more, stages for every character, ultimates, AWW HOW I WANT IT ALL!

Now obviously this is probably not going to happen but this is a dream of mine!

1 Like

It reminds me of the Soul Calibur franchise the community was so excited for SCV, but then got disappointed so many original characters and modes didn’t make the cut. No wonder there hasn’t been a proper sequel in ages.

1 Like

I feel ya man:)

1 Like

It sounds like he wants marvel doesn’t he? I’m opposed to a sequel. Because the wait for the character u want is so nerve wrecking. Also, for those opposed to s4 because of fears of the roster being to large. Let’s be real they not dropping any characters outside of the guests which would more than likely replaced 3 more guests the sequel would still eventually be 26 plus fighters I for one could only take a sequel if it started with all those returning and build from there another 26 plus months 4 eyedol no way. Thanks for listening fight on everyone.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t wan’t eyedol in a sequel… it should have all new villains

1 Like

You might be on to something there, as KI World cup is scheduled for 2 more years (2017 and 2018). Personally, I’d like to see this game evolve, however, I can understand that IG might want to work from the ground up on a new engine to rectify what might be considered as issues with the DH codebase. If they do that, I’d say they should try and work with the concepts, gameplay, assets etc they’ve used in this game though, so that both old and new players can come in with a very good idea (instead of a vague one that might come from a full-on sequel) of what to expect. Think of it like just porting the game to a new engine, basically.

1 Like

… We can have both? Why can’t we have season 4 and ki4 after? Lcd just hyped up how he can totes wait for it… But he never mentioned playing ki3 in the meantime… But he did say waiting is fine. I’m not really down to wait, this game is really fun and i like flip out snd stagger, though its easier to have fun when the point isn’t winning tournaments. I think the new mechanics make it harder to win tournaments, for him, but overall they add a lot of layers for the casual crowd and I’ve learned to adapt, and so have many other casuals.

So yea, he can stick around and play or just sit around and wait for the perfect ki to come years down the line… Though, there is absolutely no gaurantee that ki4 will be to his liking either. I say bring on season 4, the polish season. 2-4 characters, all characters stages, dojo for everyone, new colors for everyone, stage ultras with shoulder mount camera style ( or anything smoother than the super stiff camera movement they currently use), graphics boost if it’s in the cards, collectible bs’ery that completionists love, clean cgi end cinematics, clean up all known bugs, new camera angle in character select so we can see what color were picking with certain characters, more announcers (lol rash? Or even keits in a normal office day voice, “hey… That combo was godlike” lol), you know all the Little knick knacks that make discovering the game fun (like smash). Trophies and ■■■■.edit* omg and lobbies, please give us some options here! going into a lobby getting kicked, search again, same lobby over and over. can we please choose a lobby!? or sometimes we want a lobby with 8 slots but not 7 people in it. i dont want to wait 7 people for my turn, but 8 person lobbies are the most common so… yea. also, if someone kicks people too often, the lobby should go to auto private. god its annoying when some cry baby jerk off lobby host cant take a loss and kicks everyone because he wants the run back. just polish stuff you know?

Then, whether or not the game is successful, it will have diverging for everyone and will only gain audiences add time goes. Ki3 might be the melee of its time, where new people keep discovering it year after year because it’s a deep, solid, great game that is limited by its marketing and it’s mostly online only console/pc availability. I still play marvel 2 for this reason and i think this game is also on the brink of immortality… Just needs to be polished.

I agree, and I think I prefer a sequel because I would rather change some fundamental aspects of the gameplay. For one, I would like it if screen-covering special attacks were largely removed, either in viability or just less of them. Things like the slides, windkick, cold shoulder, ragged edge, Gargos’ wing attack, etc. I would prefer a game that had virtually no moves like this, or to at least make them all like negative 30 so that they are easily punished by anything. Kim’s dragon kick is a healthy example of this style of move in my opinion. The opponent can be half asleep and still punish it. Basically I would like back-dashing to be significantly ramped up in viability. I think if dashing in general had much less cool-down, this could work too. Think of SSBM’s wavedash game, that’s kind of where I want the dashes to be in KI. I think it would also be nice if many more characters had parries of some sort.

That’s also not to mention that ideally the next game would be AAA with all of the things we want in this game like ultimates, extreme amounts of costumes and customization like in Virtua Fighter, stages for everyone, cinematic story mode, perhaps more stuff done with the shadow lab AI, online training mode, elimination mode like in KI Gold etc.

If Microsoft allowed mods for this game. IG could focus on new content while the community would take care of the cosmetic stuff. Think of like what turn 10 does with it’s forza artists.

1 Like

I don’t need a stinkin sequel. I hate it when my character of choice does not make it into the next game. It’s a fighting game ffs put everyone in there. They don’t even need a damn story line to make sense just let me pick my guy/girl.

1 Like

Calm down.

Im very calm.

I want a Shadowrun guest character for Season 4

2 Likes

There is maximillian on last image, second row, third (left to right). Get hype

You heard of Shadowrun? Its a Microsoft ip that is critically acclaimed and current. The two universes are so compatible.

I actually never heard of it, what genre of game is it?

I found out about it in 2006 or 07 when it released a FPS than I think is best described as a Halo with class based characters to choose from with a Counter Strike money/round system. It is a masterpiece but was shutdown almost before complettion b/c the game is originally an RPG from Sega Genesis and SNES both of which are considered classics. But even before that it was a D&D style board game. I think it was the biggest one outside of D&D. The new ones are like the old Sega and SNES games. Very story driven RPGs. I highly recommend them.

Interesting… I’ll probably check that out. Anyway, I would very much like a sequel to KI. Even though I really like the game we have, I feel if the devs utilize all they learned from making very diverse characters in the game we have, they could probably make one hell of a game