LCD Drops the Gauntlet on Thompson

Don’t do it, LCD, for the love of hype dammit don’t do it.

…Dammit, LCD, you did it. You wanna know why I’m proud of you?

…because I’m not proud of you.

(I kid, I kid. If you’re our FChamp, we’re in good shape. I’ll take it!)

1 Like

Title of what? Being the best?
I don’t want it lol.

No the title of Fchamp.

lol it’s just fun.
my personality is hard to understand which is why I’m hated so much haha

Well it is the internet.

Does this mean I fail the turing test?

Just promise to do the morphing sequence after you beat him, or better yet in between the match.

Meanwhile, at Combo Breaker

2 Likes

Exactly what I thought, and I think it’s a great approach. Sure it’s cliche, silly and easily dismissible. But, it gathers attention and win or lose, in the end KI wins in publicity.

Glad you guys are doing this though, I don’t think you should easily dismiss the hype though and say the true meaning to keep “those” people from going, “oh it’s fake everyone look it’s fake!”.

Anyway, props for doing this dude :clap:t3:

1 Like

This is fun to see unfold. I like LCD’s promo, but I liked Thompson’s response more :joy:
I may or may not agree with LCD in general, but I believe he’s a solid player. I hope to see a great fight between the two, 10-5 to Thompson for my money, but it definitely won’t be one-sided.

Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You guys killed all the hype for me :unamused: now I don’t believe in it. Thank you.

Bruh, I challenge you to a $12.68 money match… my bank account is tapped out as a college student but lets go!

.#DulCantCommentate

.#MyTitle

Get hyped!

2 Likes

#TigerStopBreakingMediums

#JagoIsSoSafeHeShouldWearAHelmet

#B****BettaHaveMyMoney!!

#PeaceOfTheCakeLikeAnime

…I’m bad at these :laughing:

2 Likes

I’m actually one of the few “top players” that’s actually tries to help other learn and get better. These forums are small simple and single point of communication and obviously don’t represent everything that takes place or happens. I have people on the daily asking me to help them though you wouldn’t know that because they don’t do it on the forums publicly. People need guidance and not just pointing them to a YouTube video and telling them “get good” which is mostly what I see.

Secondly, up until this point the only way I was able to go to tournaments is because people believed in me and helped me afford to get to them. HKSmash sponsored me and send me to SCR and clearly his investment paid off. I’ve been broke up until now streaming and now I work a full time 55 hour a week job and still find it tough to save money and travel while also still finding the time to help others…so how dare you.

Also shout outs to Keits coming into my streams on the regular and having a good time :slight_smile:

7 Likes

HYPE Killed.

Boo! Hiss! :thumbsdown:

Even if it’s fake, make us believe it’s real.

-10/10 Thumbs Down :thumbsdown:

4 Likes

Agreed!

I promise it’s not fake. My will to prove I can beat Thompson definitely real and I will prove it. Being a money match makes it even that much more important.

2 Likes

may I suggest the use of performance enhancing steroids then. the KI committee enforcement team rarely tests for these substances as they are hard to detect. the concoction for this potent steroid is as follows.

1.) drink a small 18 oz. red bull. if you weigh under 150 lbs. drink half. don’t want to be to jittery.

2.) take 1 shot of Japanese sake to smooth of the edginess of the red bull and sake is odorless so no one can detect it.

There ya have it, ninja like response times and calm like a bomb so u don’t botch your inputs under pressure :heart:

1 Like

While the “hype” factor may be down a bit thanks to your “explanation” - I think knowing it was pre-arranged but there’s still actually $500 on the line almost makes it more interesting. Two friends are like “hey, you wanna stream some matches, oh and if you lose maybe give me five-hundred bucks?” - and the other is all “gee, that sounds swell, maybe you could also agree to give me five-hundred dollars in the case that I am victorious?” - “right-o! grand! this sounds like it’s shaping up to be a tip-top afternoon! I’ll make the announcement public henceforth!” and so it was…

This whole MM thing is very Monty Python all of sudden.

I’m hype again.

1 Like

Who told you sake was odorless? :confused:

Should be a fun set. I’m generally unmoved by the “hype” of callouts and beef (fake or real), but I’m always down to see some high level KI matches :slight_smile:

I’ll be there let me commentate! SwiftRage

2 Likes

It’s kind of sad that LCD came here just to clarify his intentions with this (which were pretty clear it was to give some salty hype) but I understand he wanted to defend himself. I’ve seen him and and first didn’t understand him, but well, I’ve never felt he didn’t like the game at all but otherwise care about it and point some things out as many other players have done.

Cheers and I’m looking forward that money match!

Edit: Oh, don’t know what I was an answer to you MDMMORNING, I wanted to make it general :joy:

2 Likes