Kim Wu's Face

Yes because political correctness, is completely over reaching. So yes I think political correctness is inhibiting devs from making the product they wanna make.

Thunder is a perfect example.

There is a distinction between “s3xy” and “cute” the fact that s3xy is a banned word on these forums proves my point even further. This is a game, this is not some high ranking political office setting, Let females be S3xy, and let males be armani models if it calls for it.

Its getting outa controll.

1 Like

Thunder was redesigned because he didn’t have a real Tribal identity like he does now. Before he was a bland stereotype that couldn’t possibly bring any real fan appeal to this new iteration of the game. He was BORING. DH actually interviewed real Native American tribes to get an idea of what he would actually look like, even in a modern society. Again, the old character was just too boring/generic and was redesigned with the intent to appeal to a mass market based off a modernized design that wasn’t some rip from an old western movie.

And I disagree, I feel the only overreaching is using political correctness as a scapegoat to justify why you feel the new designs aren’t what you want them to be like. But if you truly are condemning Kim’s design because you think she isn’t showing enough of her legs or doesn’t have blue eyes, maybe consider the possibility you are clinging too tightly to the past KI designs? Progress only happens when you move forward, just taking the old design and making it 3D is more or less just standing still and not taking any chances.

5 Likes

Look man if you think an indian with a mohawk is racialy offensive, you are to sensitive…its crazy this is a video game…characters can be exaggerated, what are we gonna re do spinal because he is a skeleton and dead people are gonna be offended. Cmon, its non sense.

Orchid wearing a thong is too risque? I mean this is just sad. Kim wu is is like a 3 outa 10 when she could be a damn well 15 outa 10 if the society wasnt so sensitive.

I didn’t say that, in fact, I didn’t use “racially” or “offensive” in either of my statements. I said the old designs are really generic and boring compared to today’s standards. Are you even reading the comments? That was so far off base, it’s not even in the ball park anymore…

3 Likes

Then why is there a huge demand for the ORIGINAL Thunder skin? It came strait from the horses mouth, they didn’t use the classic skin because it was racially stereotypical.

Having EVERYONE be “s€xy” is to detriment of verity.

What seem to fly over everyone’s head is that “s€xy” is different from person to person.

Personally speaking Im kinda sick of the whole Skin=sex thing its sad. As a pro nudity person, I find fairly upsetting that people treat the body as purely s£xual.

While I am a for noodity, I’d really prefer that the “s€xy” is character specific and not just slapped on (just because) let be real Thunder isn’t fighting off Riptors in the rain wearing a C-string.

I’m a try and see if I can get a decent Kim wu render to Kinda see what my version of s3xy and bad a$$ looks like maybe later on today

It’s a game man. Exaggeration is what’s expected. Do you want bland characters or something exaggerated and over the top?

What your asking for IS bland, infact

3 Likes

So she’s Asian and a designer well why didn’t you say so let’s make her look like a pop idol instead of a regular person who is destined to fight a demon from another dimension I’m sure that make up will stick.

Yep! you got i!!!

Im kinda worried a lot of pervs are going to mod the PC killer instinct women in victorias secret lingerie now, since everyone seems to want thongs and breasts exposed.

1 Like

Don’t worry about it. You can’t see it. Only they can. That is the way mods work. Also it seems you have been really positive lately. Kim Wu’s hype brings that effect on people:)

1 Like

Come on guys since IG develops this game, I find that they are not so good making faces, TJ COMBO first place as example.

Just look this pretty face

Or this

VS

This ugly one :confused:

I don’t know why people always say, it is in beta phase, even when Orchid and Sadira were in Beta mode they were beautiful, Jesus!

1 Like

Orchid and Sadira had a step down IMO, the orchid teaser was not the same face featured in game nor was it the original 3D model presented in the ultra fan book.

Just my opinion. The in game Orchids face sure looks a lot different than the cgi promo shots I’ve seen that were brilliant compared to the final in game model .i won’t say it’s Ugly, just it looks odd and not the same. Especially when she speaks.

They’ve already confirmed its a stage lighting issue with the Kim Wu shot- otherwise she looks lovely!

That being said, THIS is what I call pretty.

DH we don’t see the KI characters faces closely anyway so I’m happy with the current looks.

Edit: this is pretty as well.

3 Likes

I thought the original artist confirmed a long time ago it is actually the exact same model, but the way it is rendered in-game and with the lighting effects, it removes a lot of that detail. I agree though, the pre-rendered versions are gorgeous. Maybe we’ll see a little more of that detail come out with the PC version?

2 Likes

I think Kim Wu’s face is fine maybe a bit more detailed but other than that I’m happy with her design overall. My only gripe is the dragons, they don’t fit in with the game. Maybe making them one solid color like Spinals skulls and a bit more transparent. I feel that they take away the view of Kim’s animations when they are out. Also perhaps toning down the lighting effects on Kim’s specials and num chucks. I feel there’s too much going on and you can’t see her animations that well.

1 Like

I don’t think removing removing the dragons would fix that. Most of her moves have a ton of fire covering her animations. It’s cool for her nunchucks but for her kicks I feel it lowers the impact, too much fire. The way her Jago like foward kick looks is perfect though, not a lot of fire but it highlights her kicks.

1 Like