Kim Wu's Face

I Couldn’t Resist, LMAO!!!

Don’t scare me like that REDZ!

1 Like

These game developers REALLY need to stop playing it safe!

2 Likes

See what I mean?

This looks a whole lot different…

Than This

6 Likes

huge difference for sure :smiley:

2 Likes

i think will be poolish when she is release on s3 not a over all change but may be more details

1 Like

Maybe she was born with it, Maybe it’s Maybelline! Lol!

Someone get this girl some makeup STAT!

1 Like

LMFAO WHY! :joy:

1 Like

This is just me speaking, but I sort of expect much from a character with a design backstory. I sort of feel she should be the most stand out character on the roster but she just looks like any old character that could belong on any old game. There is nothing unique and alluring about her current design gameplay aside.

1 Like

They may give her some elaborate costume like Sadiras Mardi Gras style skin

lol but all of her accessories are terrible and I can say that as a Sadira main.

1 Like

I think the overall consensus is that in one point or another everyone has an issue with Kim’s looks or Dragon details, overall I think a lot of people are disappointed with the overall design and appearance the only thing that I think works with her is may be her personality but other than that I think a lot of us are disappointed with the overall outcome of her design

1 Like

Larry plz… what about bae Orchid?

Also started to get use to Kim-Wu’s face… until LCD showed the difference.

Just because someone has small things they don’t like about a character doesn’t mean they’re “disappointed.” As a Thunder main, I’m not extremely fond of the tomahawk accessories, and wish I could use the wood-axe tomahawks from the Retro on the Default costume. That doesn’t mean I’m disappointed in the character or design.

Overall I really like how Kim Wu looks. I would like to see them adjust the dragons and some of the effects on certain specials, but lighting seems to be causing a lot of the problems people have with her face - it was definitely the cause of the issue I had noted.

1 Like

Why can’t she be a s3xy Asian girl? I agree with your overall look tweaks… This kind of reminds me of thunder where maybe they didn’t want to offend somebody or group because she was to stereo typical Asian but she’s freaking Asian make her look at least Asian.

I don’t like the idea of “cute” characters, s3xy yes cute no

There was a guy on Kim Wu reaction trailers that said ‘the new Kim Wu has no sex appeal I like the KI2 Kim Wu. Hope they don’t ■■■■ up Tusk as well’

I can’t believe this!

How do people explain sex appeal being a vacant staring face and protruding breasts as sex appeal???

She looks the same to me and I’m one who really was up in arms about DH Amanda Chavez new Orchid style so I get that there is opinion but Kim Wu obviously is not a mistake.

She has sex appeal and wtf did he mean by tusk not having sex appeal smh

This is what happens when there are open forums for varied opinions

I believe IG were trying to make Kim stand out from the other typical female asian fighters that we’ve seen (like pale skin, small nose and so on) Which honestly isn’t a bad thing tbh since Kim does have her own natural beauty that represents RL asians. Only thing that needs more tweaking is her overall outfit since it already looks like a Classic imo…Speaking of her classic, I’m not entirely sure what they will be doing with her design since most of the elements used from K12 are there in her current one. :open_mouth:

@BblackorchidD

I’m gonna take a stab at this, and say lowtiergod? :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I still think its political correctness run amok…Same reason women can’t be “s3xy” they have to be “cute” now, even in a video game…its ridiculous. Maybe im wrong, either way she was way to hyped for this to be the final product.

4 Likes

Well that says more about you than it does about the game.

2 Likes

I think you blame political correctness too often and overlook much of the bigger picture at work.

The design of the characters isn’t in any way being hampered by an overwhelming need to conform to political correctness. More or less, the characters are being redesigned because the outfits they had from previous games are ridiculous, even in the context of the fighting game universe they reside. Back in the day, the game took itself far less seriously and had a much more goofy appearance, despite conclusions drawn to the contrary about this game not being dark or mature enough. These changes are being done so KI can in this new day and age be taken more seriously than it’s ever been.

I’ve been on eventhubs and shoryuken, and I’m tired and fed up with people calling this game dead, irrelevant, whatever. KI hasn’t gotten a lot of props until season 2 wrapped up, and now people are starting to look in our direction. If we turn to silly costumes that do nothing but turn characters into objects for visual gratification, how seriously can we actually be taken? Appealing to the most basic of human nature is a low move, and hasn’t done Dead or Alive much favor in recent years.

Kim Wu’s face, will maybe needing some small polygons and textures needing fixed, small touches, she’s really looking good. Her costume uses an extremely similar color palette to her old design, and she’s been updated with a modern look that still individualizes her from anyone else in this cast. The red hair and dragon tattoo give her a slight “punk” atmosphere as well, and the middle finger to fate comment suggests she’s got a few anger issues over her heritage she’s trying to work out, where perhaps she has different ambitions, giving prelude to a character background. I’m interested in playing as her, as the gameplay they showed off of her seems awesome, and I feel like when her story is available, she’ll have even more interest generated.

I agree. Again, citing Dead or Alive as an example is very guilty of using this as their standard for all their female character designs to an extent, despite the different nationalities they represent. There are just subtle tweeks to the design that set them apart, but they all seem to be started from this “template” so to speak. Kim stands apart greatly from this, and after seeing Maya’s and Kim’s faces, I am starting to side with the people who dislike Orchid’s almost generic face after seeing what expressive features they can add to the characters.

I do like the natural tan Kim is rocking too, it’s a good healthy skin tone.

@CrazyLCD Okay, you got a point, that life bar portrait is probably the equivalent to something you’d get from the DMV. It looks like something you’d expect to see on a driver’s license.

2 Likes