Kim Wu's Face

Her face isn’t ugly IMO. It’s just lacking refinement. Seems unfinished. I dunno what people expect, an anime face? Female faces IRL usually look a lot more masculine than how they are depicted in cartoons and then people complain about it.

That said, she don’t look masculine at all. Her face is just a little pudgy and needs more detail work. I have no problem with the pudgy face. It beats the old KI trying to make every female look like Xena Warrior Princess.

3 Likes

face examples I’d like for Kim

Asa Akira

Lucy Liu

A young Tia Carrere
Explore Jose Macasocol, Jr.

these faces are more distinctively Asian.

I feel like, in the quest of being respectful to her chinese heritage, Kim’s face has been toned down to the point of not including too obvious asian features to avoid being deemed “clichey” “ignorant” “racist” or “stereotypical”

4 Likes

Found this pic few months ago before the reveal. (The face is not the typical light skin pretty pretty asian as her expression is all like “bring it on” :joy:)

2 Likes

her eyes are no longer blue… Her face should be more thinner and delicated. Her nose deserves a dim. Its way too big compared to the size of her face. Why she doesn’t deserve to be cute? I mean really really cute chinese girl.

1 Like

I like looking at her from the side during an actual match, and her face in general is starting to grow on me. But when I first saw her aesthetics, I have to agree with LCD…I was a little disappointed. I personally think it was the lighting used when they cut to her face in the trailer. If they had chosen perhaps another angle with better lighting, I’m sure there wouldn’t have been as much back lash. Don’t believe me? Just compare these 2 different angles for yourself. She looks way more appealing in the picture LCD posted.

forum is gonna kill me :joy::joy::joy::joy:

14 Likes

Kim’s face and her intro…

THIS IS PERFECT!

2 Likes

Lol I am dead…:sweat_smile: :dizzy_face:

1 Like

I like her face but given what we know about Wu, I’d expect something flashier in the make up department.

3 Likes

But she isn’t a MAC makeup artist lol

1 Like

alot of fashion buffs are crazy about that sort of thing, it not unusal for designers to dabble in make up. also MAC isn’t everything.

The direction they are headed is okay. Maybe just a slight tweak, but I’m no expert on modeling and skinning. It really seems unfinished and thus I cannot make a hard judgment on a WIP.

I love her face!

3 Likes

She looks so much better with good lighting! She’s so pretty there.

1 Like

That’s why I think most people are just looking at the trailer where she’s on Kan Ras dark stage.

Also, she moves so much more smoothly than the trailer ultra combo suggests.

Everyone needs to see the KI Cup stream.

1 Like

Yeah see this right here is gorgeous. Maybe it was just an issue with the lighting. In this picture she actually looks distinctly Asian and appropriately her age, whereas in her trailer she looked like a 30 year old Mexican woman with red hair.

1 Like

She’s lacking detail, and her eyes are probably too close together. I bet she’ll be retouched for official release, though.

I think she looks really cute in this pic. Her face is natural looking.

1 Like

thats exactly what i was thinking about this part of stream she looked verry bizarre in this scene . and his head ithink is too big and lack movements. ( just my opinion ) waiting to see the classic costume…
@CrazyLCD and @N0WAND4EVER

Like I said she looks great in game, but when you are looking at her portrait or a close up shot and stuff it’s pretty weird looking.