Kim Wu with a bit of K-Pop

If they can make Orchids theme something you can fight to they can do anything. It’s music. It has no rules nor boundaries. The entire cast has a diverse set of music and it all works. As for the screen cap it was long ago not only that by why would Adam even bring up going to college again were it not true. If anything he wouldn’t have even mentioned school.

I get it, you have a bias for anything not hardcore and feel that kpop is too childish or something but like I said, if they can make orchids theme work they can make kpop work and again I did say it probably wouldn’t happen anyways.

4 Likes

Please stop :expressionless:

The difference is the artisits in question. Mick did a wonderful job. To me Atlas and Celldweller have alot to prove. Good artists maybe but for KI? we’ll have to see. I think Kim’s theme can make or break them for awhile until we hear the rest of the cast.

The point being I don’t think K-Pop is a good idea and I don’t think it’d be good just because you may like it. I like smooth-jazz but I don’t think it’d fit that well for KI.

1 Like

You’re forgetting that Orchids theme was one of the initial first themes. Not only that but Mick was also highly criticized before the game came out because people didn’t think he could pull it off. Heck on the double helix forums both Glacius and Sabrewulf themes were highly criticized because they were thought not to be as good as the original.

Point is, you think certain genres can’t work but as we have seen with Mick any genre could work if pulled off correctly including smooth jazz and games like Skull Girls prove that jazz does work in a fighting game. Don’t sell music out short, it has no boundaries and S3 according to Adam in his interview will explore many areas of music. Again I may like kpop but am not saying it’s going to be in the game, just arguing that any type of music can work in KI when it already has pop, rap, grunge, flutes, and more in it. Actually, if you listen to the original songs none of them are as heavy or roclk infused as the current game is just listen to Thunder classic theme to realize anything can work in KI.

2 Likes

Also to make it clear; It’s that I don’t think K-pop is “hardcore” or “is too childish” or whatever it’s just not the first kind of thing that comes to mind to me when it comes characters fighting it out. Hardly is the case. It’s just not something that I think would fit so well on KIm. This is mostly due to never being exposed much to it save for that one song PSY did.

You also talk alot about how devs mention her going to college but you have not provided a link or screen-cap to prove this. The issue people on the forums here have often said; “Dev said this and that” to support their argument but only few have ever shown proof to back that claim.

The concept of K-pop being a good choice is still difficult to comprehend in my opinion. Your points seem sound sure and there is no denying music genre can work without limits. However that still does not give much support on K-pop being suitable for Kim-Wu all you did was just explain in general but we’re talking specifically about K-pop.

As far as it being suitable for a fight you should probably give us some examples. You seem to like K-pop so you shouldn’t have a problem youtubing something to give to better drive this home because for someone like me who doesn’t listen to it, it’s hard to get an understanding on how K-pop can fit a fight. And I am not going to go searching for examples myself since again ti is not a genere I listen to. And seeing as you like it, you may be able to find good examples easily.

If anything now is the time to give us a better example then just words for you to help bring a concept. Who knows you might be able to let some of us think a bit on what you’re getting at. I’ve never listened to it, so it doesn’t mean I have biased. It’s just something that is hard for me to see the potential of it since I only had herd ONE example of it.

Even though I am strongly against the idea of Kim’s theme being K-pop I am not so close minded that if you can give me a good example of K-pop fight theme it make your argument more strongly and maybe make the idea of K-pop for Kim being easier to welcome.

BTW Smooth Jazz is a bit different from regular Jazz in Skull-girls it was done nicely but I mean Smooth Jazz like this:

However I suppose if done correctly it can make for an interesting scene but again quite a bit to do there.

2 Likes

A good example is Orchid herself. I don’t how many times I have to say it, her pop them and many of the original themes of the characters were far and away anything common in a fighting game. It’s not hard to see that any type of music can be crafted to be in a fighting game when you look at the vast amount of music genres in fighting games like MvC, MK, SF, and KI. Kpop is just pop but Korean, there isn’t much of a difference besides the language and denying Kpop would be denying pop and orchids theme.

Again as for the links for her college talk with Adam it was a long time ago. You think he just brought up recently out of no where but he has talked about it before. Just look at the Kim Wuu forums, people on there also talk about her college background and her being a fashion major. Adam has talked about the subject before and these guys are proof just look at the date of the posts. It’s old news dude. She is posed to be a very free and forward looking student which is why Kpop doesn’t seem out of the ordinary for someone like her who is all deep into fashion trends.

1 Like

And as a matter of fact, according to Adam Isgreen he also said that Kim Wu is going to have this EDGE and overall have this EDGEY personality/demeanor to her :wink:

At this point, there is no reason to really continue the whole “K-pop” thing since it is already been, I guess you can say, confirmed that she will not be “k-pop” but instead “K-hiphop”. In the same thread, pointed out by KIFANATIC8488, Adam Isgreen said that her design is going to have edge and have a edgy personality to here. Which can fit with a hiphop urban design, which I’m really down to see. Check the thread below if you want to see more.

http://forums.ultra-combo.com/t/kim-wu-with-a-bit-of-k-pop

Also not saying that she will abosultely look like this, but here are a small example of K-hiphop

So you contiue to un back to Orchid’s theme which is actually europeon pop (I think) and instead of sharing us some examples of K-pop music you could of used to make the idea more welcoming you go back onto the story, you haven’t shown us a link or a post except for that unless that is a forum post in this case I haven’t anything on that poster that indicates they are a developer.

So far you haven’t shown me anything specifically to K-pop that could of made idea of it being Kim’s theme to be an easier concept to welcome. So I once again rmeaing against the idea of it being used for Kim, but who knows.

I suppose we’ll have to agree to disagree until Kim’s is officially unveild for now

a nice claim but WHERE exactly did he say this? do you have a post or any kind of proof?

Why we need K pop with Kim Wu? Kim-Wu is guardian!

2 Likes

Here is the thread. This is the third time I posted the link to this thread.

1 Like

Now Red Riptor, you’re not against Kim Wu being all EDGEY and stuff, are you?

Merged these topics together into the existing one.

1 Like

NO K-POP

just turn music off and listen to your own banana shotgun babies or caramel koala bubbegum albums

Nah, it wasn’t officially confirmed tbh… What he shared was not only a super early concept of her, but the ideas were basically combined with suggestions/ideas from us fans. :sweat_smile:

Now that she has been confirmed for Season 3, there’s a good chance her profile could change completely.

2 Likes

lol did you guys even read the links I provided. Adam mentions she is edgey and not Kpop but Khip-hop along with hints of her fashion background. He even mentions that her design is complete but people are free to continue to draw mock ups if they so choose.

Edit: Lol, I just looked earlier posts on this thread and it was you who he told that. Cmon man, how do I remember this better lol?

1 Like

Can we all agree it should just be some kick ■■■ music to kick ■■■ too!

4 Likes

I somehow feel it may end up being trance with speak rap and DH scratch sounds :confounded:

1 Like

Lol I hope not. I hope it’s more cinematic, like a Chinese Kung Fu scene, with drums and Chinese instruments blended harmoniously, with A modified version of Kim’s Theme.

Or The melody of the Jingle at the end of the Rash Trailer.

2 Likes

oh heck. YES to this!!!

1 Like