Kim Wu with a bit of K-Pop

I’m new here.

Kim Wu coming back is great, including with her new updated nunchucks and all.

Is there a way to give Kim Wu a k-pop vibe?

Revengeance… Long Time no see… :confused:

3 Likes

the “kawaii Asian girl is Kawaii” trope is borderline racist.

Just make her a ninja/kung fu style and it will be all fine.

Noooooooo!!! Why K-pop?? Maybe for accessories, but for the main design NOOOOO!!

1 Like

Please DO NOT! That is much too far from the essence of her character.

4 Likes

First day of the new forums and we already have the return of people asking for universally hated ideas.

1 Like

YES:
Kim Wu = “Female Bruce Lee” Girl
NO:
Kim Wu = Cute Pretty Innocent K-POP Girl

5 Likes

I’d rather see her be a badass konuochi or something along those lines, but that’s just me.

Once again, K-pop would go well as an alt since it makes sense that she’s from Korea. Just don’t see her wearing it as a default costume… ^^;

2 Likes

If by K-pop you mean similar to chloe off tekken 7 then NO! sexy ninja > K-pop

K-Pop, huh. Maybe as an alternate outfit, but I kinda cringe at the idea of seeing Kim Wu doing a parapara dance or whatever they call those weird coreographed dances in Korea.

This thread and topic pops up way too often. It’s kinda like beating a dead horse. You can only ask the same people so many times about giving Kim Wu a K-pop vibe. Aside from that, it also seems that K-pop is being confused with J-pop. It’s not the cutesy/bubble gum look you all seem to think it is. Some of it can be a lil extravagant, but it is just fashion close to our own. I think this all stemmed from them saying she will be in college for fashion design, and that she is Korean. Some put it together as K-pop and ran with it, like wanting her to be a K-pop star. None of that for me. I like that she is in college for fashion design though. She could incorporate some K-pop fashion into her design is what I agreed with before. Not over the top or an extravagant design, just incorporate some fashion, as she is a fashion designer. I like the dynamic this could bring up. Kim Wu trying to juggle her love for fashion and being a normal girl, and the responsibility of keeping the dragon spirit. Just because she likes fashion and being a girl doesn’t mean she couldn’t be bad-■■■ and take her training and exercise seriously.

Hmmm personally Im not big on the whole College student who studies fashion design thing imo since I feel it completely throws off who Kim is… :confused: Now that she’s confirmed, there’s a pretty good chance her profile can change completely since Adam did mention it’s a very very early concept while her early profile was combined/suggested from different folks on the forum (me included). I’m pretty sure they’ve came up with a much better concept for her in the long run :smile:

1 Like

K-pop is not necessarily Kim. K-hop may be a bit more… accurate?

While that will likely send people off with their hair on fire, I’ll say that Kim has a bit more edge than bubblegum to her. K-pop goes all over the place (very broad category, really), but it leans towards bubblegum.

9 Likes

What does this mean, Kim Wu style is Hip Hop?

2 Likes

K hop eh? thinks Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm…

1 Like

K-hop is very Grunge’ish I like it :wink:

[quote=“TempusChaoti, post:15, topic:223, full:true”]
…I’ll say that Kim has a bit more edge than bubblegum to her. [/quote]

Thank goodness. I was just telling my wife the other day how much I had hoped you all weren’t going to make her a “bubblegum nightmare” (exact words). In my opinion, a member of 2NE1 with nunchaku just wouldn’t work on the KI level, and I think that Rash has injected a sufficient amount of levity into the franchise without having to carry any of it on Kim’s back.

1 Like

Well what I meant for Kim Wu giving her a k-pop vibe, don’t mean aegyo bubblegum and all. Not like that Lucky Chloe.

I mean look at 2NE1, they’re on edge.

Plus with Maya lookin’ Beyonce, Kim Wu would be modeled by one of K-pop’s famous female artists. Look’em up and see if they can fit her.

I wouldn’t mind her getting an alternate costume k-pop inspired. But if only her stage music can be mixed with that genre.