KILLER RANK who's made it?

To the question who is your mortal enemy in another thread, I answered

Guess who I lost my two promotion matches ■■■■■■■■■■ Aganos and Omen. Salt levels cannot be contained by UltraTech.

3rd promotion match: Killer Shago. For a promotion from Silver to Gold?? This game hates me lol

2 Likes

You got this! Show them the power of a Elite AI!

Haha, Yeah I got it now. Thanks to lowly Kim Wu (who I beat of course, not played) :kissing:
Finally, the 2 out 3 match Gold grind can begin, lol

1 Like

And oh btw, great news that Mira is coming Wednesday. She will be the character I will use in Gold toward Killer (I may never reach it, though).

I tried Maya in Silver but I just suck at mantis combos. So if you suck then who better to use than Mira. She can suck a whole lot better than I could using Maya. Every pun intended btw.

Hahah who needs mantis combos when she’s now got thoes juggles.

It’s actually becoming quite obvious that kim wu is awful… such a shame really.

She needs work and fast! As a character I think she’s less balanced and thought about than omen who is basically a junk heap of ki moves lol.

I got my killer rank with her and I can play well with her but she relys on the shadow ender and dragon kick damage way to much.

Imo she needs:

:arrow_down::arrow_lower_left::arrow_left: LK low invunrable (same with shadow)

:arrow_down::arrow_lower_left::arrow_left: HK needs to be more jago wind kick safe, range and be allot faster. The 1st turn should be projectile invunrable.

:arrow_down::arrow_lower_left::arrow_left: MK should have a little more range

Instinct: dragons should spawn even when being attacked.

:arrow_down::arrow_lower_left::arrow_left: P (fire cracker) projectile window should be bigger. It should also deflect orchids grandes.

Possibly give her an over head? Kim has a problem with getting started. I think an over head like jagos could make her game play a little cleverer twist.

Shadow counter needs to actually hit. I’ve had so many times when the cracker has missed lol. Or orchid has spamed a cat it’s deflected but then I’ve been hit. It’s kinda how maya was at the start of S2 allot of the time her flip with miss lol.

Meh she’s good but she has so many holes

To answer who my rivals are I’d say Sadira by a mile Tusk if I’m a hot head but I can deal with him.

Playing as eveyone I dont find anyone a huge issue other than sadira. Even if I loose against a fantastic aganos or Kan-Ra I’m still happy.

But a jumpy over head sadira not so much lol

I did it, finally! Went 84-66 in Gold but at least 5 of the losses happened because of “connection issues”. It’s frustrating as f*ck to get your points stolen like that but never mind. I’m in Killer again, mostly thanks to Kim Wu. It was the second promotion match and my opponent seemingly stopped playing during game two because I took his first lifebar immediately. My first promotion match was supposedly an Aganos so I picked Maya to stand a chance but it turned out he picked Tusk instead. So my rusty Maya got wrecked. But overall I had some really good matches in Gold Rank!

2 Likes

YAY well done!!! Keep going guys

Well, I finally made it back to KIller, and thanks to the reset & the mad scramble afterwards I started from Bronze so it was a climb from the very bottom up. I was actually a little worried yesterday…I started up the game and for some reason my rank had been reset…but it was a glitch. The next time I fired the game up everything was back (I requalified Gold off of the reset though), and I just finished it today.

I might add I had some unbelievably awesome matches on the way through Gold.
Here is the replay of my qualifying match:

On a side note…playing it on PC off a SSD…awesome.

1 Like

what is WrathOfFulgore doin playing as Glacius? :expressionless: SMH

Fulgore is one of my Lvl50 characters as well, but I just play better with Glacius…what can I say?

Sad to hear that lol – its all good though, to each his own
I been wantin a set with ya tho… if you online laters lets do ft10 - whatcha think?

This happens to me a lot. Lol.

Sent you a private message…

On a not private note…funny thing happened actually not too long after I changed my gamertag to WoF, which was right after Spinal was released. I was playing ranked and my opponent was scoffing at the tag, said “Fulgore’s not even out yet!” I didn’t say anything but I was like “really?? Fulgore’s been out for like 17 years!! Get with the program kid.”

Then I may have mumbled something about getting off my lawn…

Just for kicks I re-qualified 2 days ago to see how high it would place me. I used my main, Wulf. I went 10-0 in qualifiers, beating 4 killers, including one person with 2 stars. I had mostly supreme victories and one near perfect. It still placed me in Gold. So it’s impossible to qualify into Killer I guess. I went 25-2 (WarMachine and MrSadFlumps) in Gold. So my record was 35-2 from qualifier to Killer.

5 Likes

IIRC I was 7-3 in Qualifiers and ended up starting in Bronze.

I will probably never get out of Gold. I’m 2-15. Although, I feel like I am learning more about the game playing this level of competition.

2 Likes

I just made it back to Killer yesterday after a gruelling trail by fire through Gold rank. I was stranded in the Limbo of the 350-600 points range for about 3 weeks and I was about to lose my mind at the ridiculousness that is trying to “learn” the matchups for Season 3 characters. My losses pretty much trebled in one week and it was heartbreaking to watch it happen.

Shago, Tusk, Kim Wu, Rash and Mira have all been the bane of my existence since 3.1 launched and then there’s still my gripes with certain Season 2 characters. Thankfully, no one plays TJ Combo any more so that’s something to be grateful for. :blush:

2 Likes

I finally made it back last night! Whoooo!

It was a slow journey through Gold as when I start to loose more than I win I out it down and come back another day. That seemed to work for me best.

I felt like I learned a lot more this time around as the best out of 3 in Gold really test my skills.

Hope to see you guys in Killer!

3 Likes

Of course you cant qualify into Killer. It says this right at the beginning of the Qualify menu. Its shows you the 3 tiers and they are some what flashing and have a line across the bottom showing were you could possibly place.

So it did exactly what i was supposed to do… you placed in Gold via 10-0…good job

1 Like

5/18/2016 - I’m 6-25 in Gold. There is no way out.