Killer Intinct: Definitive Edition don t have Shin Hisako

Then that is between him and his government. Sounds like they want a piece of the sale also.

1 Like

Yeah, that’d be my guess as well. I’d still be ■■■■■■■ don’t get me wrong. But the anger might be slightly displaced, if that’s the case.

I would think so. No other explanation for the markup that I can think of.

1 Like

I’m sorry but this is provably not true. The official store description for the KI: Definitive Edition says “all 26 characters from Seasons 1-3”.

You can argue about whether the use of Definitive as an adjective is still fitting -even though it was complete at the time of release AND includes content that can’t be gotten anywhere else- but the description of the product on the store page (as well as the physical box) gives you the exact number of characters you’d be getting in the package. They delivered exactly what is promised by the description of the product. This is why it’s important to read contracts before you sign them, rather than assuming you know what they mean.

8 Likes

Its pretty obvious that when they released the Definitive edition the game was OVER. They did not have anymore content lined up to work on or release. then , magically they probably had a meeting on what to do next? A new Game? A new Season? 
how about some DLC to tide everyone over until we announce the new game?

That’s what I think this DLC run of colors, skins, and 3 characters are
 its just enough content to keep everyone busy while they work on the real meat and potatoes everyone is hoping for.

Mark my words
 once all this DLC content is done
 there will be a big announcement. Why else would they decide to make tid bits of DLC after the “Definitive Edition?”

When the definitive edition came out, Kilgore and Shin Hisako didn’t exist, so definitive it was and still is. None of us got Kilgore and Shin Hisako with our definitive editions either.

Yes you can. Grow up. The Definitive edition is still by far the best deal for getting the content it contains.

Knock yourself out - make a legal claim. See how far you get Phoenix Wright.

I have zero patience for this kind of ■■■■■■■■■ Many of us paid $40 per season plus $20 for Shago plus whatever else we threw in. So $160 plus. Now a bunch of latecomers are paying $25 for the Definitive edition and complaining that it doesn’t include any and all content that might ever be released for the game. Boo hoo. Any way you slice it, “Definitive” does not mean “inclusive of all content now and in the future.” Read the box before you buy stuff. Problem solved.

9 Likes

Says the person alertic to nuts but buys skippy because they didn’t look for exactly what was included

It didn’t split up the quotes, sorry Andy I’m agreeing with you :+1:

He can make a legal claim in Brazil, but it won’t get a case because no one is going to waste their time flying to Brazil for a petty $32 claim. You’ll pay more for legal fee’s.

Sorry, man. Should’ve waited for the Ultimate Definitive edition that comes with an “exclusive” platinum Jago skin (which can also be unlocked by playing SL for a week straight).

Nope.

1. Skippy has peanut butter on the front of the jar

2. A Nut allergy isn’t a peanut allergy(peanuts are actually more related to beans)

Couldn’t resist.

People don’t research ■■■■(they should tho)

I don’t get how SithLord need to “grow up”. He’s just pointing out an obvious pattern.

1. They wouldn’t know that, they bought it without looking.

2. Nut allergy, peanut, whether bean or nut isn’t the point. Simple reference point being, they bought something, didn’t read it, being alergic and the possibility of it containing nuts.

Troll reply is troll

1 Like

No, I get what your going for
 You basically exaggerated for the sake of making folks out to be dumb.

“not expecting what’s obviously in it.”
=/=
“expecting everything because title wording implies everything”

The whole issue comes up because people did read the title, but the usual implications didn’t apply.

I don’t think MS is wrong, but I do think it’s understandable for people to be confused.

Definitive means what I your language? In my means solid, ready version.

Lol uau

So, I’ve noticed something, probably no surprise to anyone. But the DLC I’ve purchased on PC, when I go to my XB1 I can access the content, but other profiles on the XB1 can access it. I figured doing what I’ve done with other DLC and downloading the individual characters would do the trick, but for those that I bought on PC (shin Hisako and the first round of color packs) it says I didn’t buy them yet.

I’m guessing it’s because this so-called play anywhere stuff is pretty much a 1-way license.

Okay, I’ll bite. I don’t know what “definitive” means in Portuguese (or what the title has been translated to). But definitive has several definitions in English. Probably the most germane is:

“most reliable or complete” (emphasize mine)

And in fact, the definitive edition of Killer Instinct is “the most complete” version you can buy. There is no other version that contains more content. Yes, there is additional content available, but you can’t buy it as part of a whole package. So lawyer up all you want to. You would lose.

And by the way, you are getting $160 worth of content for $25. Cry me a river if there are two characters (soon to be three) that you have to buy on their own. You came to the forum hoping to coerce MS into giving you free stuff. I have no sympathy.

@VergoVan - the reason I said “grow up” is that people actually need to take responsibility for their own decisions. When I see something that looks like an amazing deal I read the small print because that’s my responsibility as a consumer. Every game that releases a “game of the year” edition hasn’t been awarded “game of the year.” Beyond games, I have dozens of versions of movies that were definitive at the time, but then replaced. I think I have bought Star Wars about 8 times. That’s life. Just because I bought “Blade Runner, the Directors Cut” in 1990 doesn’t preclude them from releasing another edition of Blade Runner that has more footage jammed into it - and they have. “Hey - you need to give me that footage too because I bought the Director’s Cut! And that was supposed to be definitive!” Give me a break. This is all just people begging for free stuff and then saying “what, you can’t expect me to read the label! I will sue!”

Learn to know what you are getting before you purchase something, its not that hard.

That clearly only relates to Op’s comments tho, he’s the only one bringing up legal action.

Unless they name a pack “Complete” we can’t complain about not having everything, the Definitive word definition doesn’t say it means something that has everything, Complete is more like the right word to describe it, and I’ve the feeling even that word would have a trick (like ALL chracters, the complete roster, but not retro versions or KI1/2)
 so, if you want all: Killer Instinct “The-All-Content-Released-And-Yet-To-Be-Released-Content-In-1-Pack” Version is what you’re looking for, if they ever release that with that name

The price for individual characters are based on the free to play model, some people doesn’t want to play with all the characters, so they’ve the choice of individual purchase and it’s a fair enough price.

And as other people said, if you’ve purchased it blindly, it’s your fault for not checking its content.

No but it does mean final.

“Definitive Edition” blatantly translate to “Final Version” which implies there’s nothing else, that ALSO implies that it’s at completion.

1 Like