Killer Intinct: Definitive Edition don t have Shin Hisako

The word “final” only implies that it’s the last of something, seriously, this is getting ridiculous… I checked a dictionary before I posted my previous message and definitive is a bit far to be a synonym of complete, I think you’re mixing concepts, but I admit that the meaning/feeling of both words can be related a little because of the context of a “game version”.

And it was complete at the time. End of story. The time span between definitive edition and Kilgore was months. It doesn’t matter what subtitle they give a game/movie, we are in a data age where things can change or be added to even after a possibility where it is deemed complete. If laws are different where people are from, that’s great but, any company that is not within the legal boundaries of another country is not obligated to know them, or abide by them if not applicable to the laws of the country where they reside. Europe based companies are not effected by US laws, why should a US company be effected by a Brazil laws? That’s just how it works.

Definitive edition: July 13 2016
Kilgore: Dec 19 2016

2 Likes

What are you talking about here? There is no such thing…are you just trying to troll bait someone?

I think he was being sarcastic =S

1 Like

First and foremost you need to understand the context and culture of this entire game and its community. This game is fairly new and it was an underdog with high ambitions but conservative expectations, and thus was relegated to a smaller budget and team than AAA titles.

Therefore this community, knowing this fact, that every single person is creating its legacy and proving that Microsoft needs to make the sequel a proper AAA title to the likes of competing FGC titles; and so this community has been very willing to support the game’s developers with money–in some people’s cases as stated in above replies lots of money.

You’re getting a bargain of a game and a community. These characters in the greater scheme of all I’ve said are cheap additions–additions which aren’t even mandatory having an already available 26 character roster.

You will love the game without Kilgore or Shin Hisako. Play it and see! And after some months of developing an appreciation for it I’m sure you’ll be more than happy to throw down whether $5 or $16 in exchange rates. If not you still have an amazing game regardless.

I mean you got Fulgore and Glacius. Enough said.

1 Like

This is correct!
in Brazil, consumer protection laws are more stringent.

"includes"
Because there were only those.

That’s exactly what I’m saying. The box says there’s 26 characters, so you got 26 characters. By buying the DE, you bought those characters. If it came with the 3 post-S3 characters it would’ve said 29.

The box says that by buying this product, you’re getting 26 characters, 20 stages, and the special features. You got exactly what you paid for.

1 Like

I understand, but the product description is not exhaustive.
And the product title leads the consumer to understand that it is final version. That’s what I’m questioning. If they put Season pass. Had no problem.

It was the final version version last year, It gave you all the content that came before and that was coming in 2016. But them people wanted more, so they’re giving us more.

Killer Instinct always has and always will be adding more stuff as the years go by. The DE was released in 2016, while the post launch content was released in 2017. It’s a new chapter in the story of KI. They released an Ultimate Edition that only contained the Ultra Editions of S1 and S2 before releasing Season 3. This is the same thing. If you’re new to KI, you’ll find that the wave of new content never really ends.

The title is just a title. It’s best not to put too much stress on it.

Please try to sue for free access to new content, and keep us updated on the progress of the case. Very interested in how that will work out.

2 Likes

All I’m saying is that its misleading, I’m not saying that its legal or illegal. I’m definitely not saying anyone’s owed anything.

I simply think companies should try to avoid confusing potential buyers.

I still don’t get what confusing about it saying the definitive edition contains All Season 1-3 content, Stages, ect ect. It does not say all future content is included. Kilgore was a character bundled with community tourney support. $5 for character $5 for future of KI, any way you slice that it wouldn’t fit with the original complaint anyways. Shin Hisako was nearly a year later. You get everything but 2 small pieces with the definitive edition. If costs are higher due to retail laws in other countries, that can’t be helped. There is nothing misleading about the definitive edition. I bought it, i got everything it said on the back cover. Wasn’t misled at all.

1 Like

It’s not that it doesn’t include future content, it’s that the title implies there won’t be any future content.

3 Likes

I know, that’s why I said: "I’m definitely not saying anyone’s owed anything. "

Also the confusing part is that the Definitive Editions comes off as if there is no future content.

Definitive doesn’t always mean a conclusion or end of though. Definitive can be a perfect example, or a strong descriptor.

This is the definitive sale. I.E. best sale or for KI sake, best edition.

People are assuming the context, which we didn’t name it, we can’t know the context unless clarified by the dev’s/marketing department.

Yes, it’s the best edition as said in the above post. The same edition I luckily bought as a newcomer which I saved a ton of money with. No one else was any more special to get a free Kilgore and I still don’t even own Shin Hisako.

As I said in my above post, to understand the culture of this community I was more than happy to throw down $10 for Kilgore to support both the devs and the tournament.

I really don’t understand why you’re so incredibly upset over this. I get asking a question here but the question was answered ad nauseum. Honestly unless you’re accustomed to the game you probably wouldn’t even enjoy Kilgore much, so again like I said in my above post I suggest you just play the core season 3 game and you will doubtlessly enjoy it, and after having improved you may then be able to appreciate a character like Kilgore and when coupled with an affection for both the game and community you’ll also doubtlessly be willing to purchase them. Trust me when I say a lack of Kilgore will not break the game for you in the slightest. He’s an odd one, a niche character more to be enjoyed by the experienced or those who’ve grown tired of the entire 26 character season roster.

Just play Fulgore dude because he’s the best. No DLC required.