Killer Instinct Windows 10 Edition Not Launching

For a while now I have not been able to play Killer Instinct on my PC. Every time I try to launch the game It brings up the Killer Instinct Splash screen then just closes and all I see is my desktop. I’ve tried launching the game from the shortcut and launching it from other locations. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice. I’ve checked for updates in the Windows Store in case that was the problem but didn’t find anything. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

I have nothing helpful to add here, but just want to say that I’m experiencing a milder version of what you’re getting. For me, it takes KI anywhere from 1 to 3 times to load properly. Maybe 50% of the time I get the splash screen and then it just closes like nothing happened. I just keep trying. But (oddly enough) it is NEVER more than 3 attempts for me to get in. On the 3rd time, at worst, it will always get in.

I have no idea what to make of it. It doesn’t stop me from playing (I mean, it adds like 10-15 seconds to startup for me, not a big deal). Don’t know why it’s never more than 3 times. I do nothing different… just keep loading it and it works eventually. But again, it’s not as severe as you – maybe 50% of the time, I get in on the first try.

Don’t know if ultimately the same problem as yours, in some way.

1 Like

Google how to reset your app store.
This is known to help some, but not everybody.
If that does not work, post in the Devs forums.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windows_store/reset-password-and-windows-store/5edfedd2-8fb2-40e7-98fa-abebec274d28

Goodluck

ohh, this may sound silly but try scandisk, and
go to the command prompt as administrator and type
sfc.exe /scannow then enter.

1 Like

I reset the app but sadly no luck so far. I’m running the scan now. Thank you for the suggestions.

If that does not work, create another user account and link your same microsoft email to it
that might at least work for now…

Go to section::: To Clear Store Cache for 3rd Party Apps

I’ve done all the above steps and suggestions and I even uninstalled the game and am currently installing one last time. Creating another user still didn’t work as far as getting the game to work so I’m really hoping all the resets and the unistall will be the fix for it. Thank you again for all of your effort, I greatly appreciate it.
UPDATE: It still isn’t working :’(
would you be willing to link me the Dev forum I need to post in?

This guys one of the mods, he will better point your direction
Goodluck.

I have exactly the same problem.

I launch the game, the main title appears, then goes back to the desktop.

I buyed the game long time ago, maybe 4 months and in that time the game runs perfectly.