Official KI Bug Reporting Thread Season 3

1st time using Kilgore. Best Ultra combo ever!:

Another instance of counter breakers not adding the proper hitstop frames.

EDIT: After this happening continuously, I can safely say counter breaking dragon kick rarely, if ever, works properly unless I do it on the first frame where this is the most hitstun.

In Shadow Lord mode I bought a Crimson Fractured Ward pack using KI Gold. As I confirmed the purchase the game froze and then when i tried to access home the Xbox froze. this forced me to restart and when I loaded the game back up I had lost 2000 KI Gold and had not received any items from the pack.

As initially reported by @KDD86 (and he can maybe clarify my points if I’m wrong), when some characters do manuals and then immediately instinct cancel them, they become unbreakable (but still trick the breaker system into thinking a breakable point has passed). This allows Kilgore, for example, to do pretty damaging unbreakable combos. The thing is, it doesn’t apply to every character… some characters’ instinct canceled manuals are still breakable because it seems their hit stop follows different rules somehow.

I think this is probably not a problem for any character except Kilgore, who gets huge combos as a reward, so if the team is able to fix it for him alone, that’d be fine. It doesn’t apply to Jago (who you would think might get big damage with shadow fireballs after an IC manual), so that’s fine. KDD was saying it does apply to Sadira though. I don’t know what type of reward she gets from it.

Shadow Labs bug question for you guys.
I have looked all over and cannot find a fix for Shadow Labs.
During Season 2 I made a Maya shadow because she was my main at the time etc…I stopped playing her once I got her to 50 and moved on to the next, i kept her shadow there but I never used it whatsoever etc…
Whenever Shadow Lords dropped every time I try to access Shadow Labs it gives me an error and states that it “Cannot sync to ultratech labs”…
If I play Maya it does NOT give me the option to store Shadow Data and the game acts as if I do not have a shadow for her, but when I click Shadow Labs I can see her data in the background etc
Has anyone had/seen this issue?
If so please help!
Ps, I have Uninstalled killer instinct and reinstalled it*

For a while now I have not been able to play Killer Instinct on my PC. Every time I try to launch the game It brings up the Killer Instinct Splash screen then just closes and all I see is my desktop. I’ve tried launching the game from the shortcut and launching it from other locations. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice. I’ve checked for updates in the Windows Store in case that was the problem but didn’t find anything. I’ve tried to fix it several different ways but to no avail. Here’s a link to original thread I posted - Killer Instinct Windows 10 Edition Not Launching I tried all of the suggestions in the thread. I’m sorry if there isn’t anything helpful there. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Encountering a random bug in SL where upon defeating a mimic the chest will fall close to the edge of the screen and not all orbs will come to me. Instead they seem to get stuck between the edge and the chest and jitter a little.

I hope they fix this for the next month :frowning:

I have had the same problem where I load up a match and the game runs very SLOW

Game freezes and crash to desktop loading the 26th fight in survival mode. Win10.

Unable to play the game through queuing, queueing results in no matches and leaving the queue results in the game hanging/freezing on this screen

closing the game causes the application to take an eternity to actually close so that i can restart the game. it moves from apps to background processes.

It looks like Kilgore has an NRS-style bug. His St.HP guns will whiff on Kim Wu if she’s standing in certain intervals of space.

5 Likes

Raams flipout is still bugged. Unable to reversal backdash or instinct.

Test by recording raams flipout then meaty grabbing. then mash backdash or instinct, neitehr will ever comeout

Not sure if a glitch or not, but it seems that you cannot save shadow data after an exhibition match if the opponent quits to the main menu before you save the data

Maybe this is by design, but figured id ask after consulting others.

Kim Wu has strange interactions between her Shadow Firecracker and individual characters shadow projectiles. Normally, shes supposed to destroy the projectile and return fire with 3 dragon cannons. Its not universally the case.

Jago S. Endokuken - The fireball is destroyed, but no dragons are fired back.

Glacius S. Hail - The hails are destroyed, but unless you’re spaced properly to land the last hit of hail on the firecracker, no dragons will fire back.

Spinal S. Searing Skull - One hit of the skull gets destroyed, but otherwise ignores firecracker and just hits 4 times instead of 5. No dragons either.

Fulgore S. Plasma Bolt - Firecracker ‘looks’ like it takes a hit away, like Spinal’s searing skull, but it still hits 5 tiimes. Additionally, the first ‘hit’ whiich looks it trades with firecracker just launches Kim slightly beforee getting caught in the, still, 5 hits of the fireball.

Kan-Ra S. Swarm - Works as intended. Well, i believe as intended.

Cinder S. Fission - Works as intended.

Maya S. Spirit Slicer - If firecracker touches spirit slicer, Kim gets hit. And oddly, normal buttons going into it do nothing, not even a counter hit.

Eyedol S. Crushing Meteor Strike - Will destroy projectiles it comes in contact with, but will not fire dragons.

Kilgore - Not sure if it’s a bug or intentional design, but she cannot firecracker any sort of missiles. I BELIEVE it was stated they have a good sized hitboc on them, and that might be why? But she still takes damage.

Part of me chalks it up to design and balance, another to possible glitches. Mayas and Cinders moves function pretty similar, but produce different results. Same with Jago, Spinal and Fulgores fireballs.

Dunno…

2 Likes

CPU is not doing counter attack anymore (Shadow Counter, Anti-air, etc, …). And it seem that practice mode don’t show accurate frame data.

For one that want to learn the game, it’s failing currently. Please fix that.

1 Like

I tried going into online ranked today and it said there was a problem trying to connect to xbox live. I exited that screen and tried again, this time after exiting the message again, the screen said “missing text” all over it. And it’s also not letting me go to online rank mode. What could be the problem?

Exactly the same issue here.

1 Like

Same action and this is what i get

2 Likes

Yes! That’s exactly what I mean. Hope they can respond and fix it soon.