Killer Instinct Weekly Forum Battles

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Remember Forum battles is for FUNā€¦Ranked leagues is for challenges. IF your not comfortable with your match upā€¦tell Flutter shy and he will pair you up with someone more your level. And if there is no one well then Im sure whomever will go easy and maybe use a lower level character. Dont be shy to speak up if you feel its an unfair match upā€¦ we want people to stay not run them off!

But like RGL saidā€¦your gonna loose a lotā€¦we all doā€¦ you cant win them all.

SO practice up with one character and stay in these threadsā€¦ play sets with some of us during the week and let us know you just want to practice and learnā€¦ we are all here to help!

4 Likes

Well, have you contacted anyone from the Killer Instinct Academy thread (such as myself)? Thereā€™s many of us that are more than willing to help you get better, if you simply reach out. :wink:

Yeah, Iā€™ve thought about it. I donā€™t have a good pair of headphones as of right now, so I wouldnā€™t be able to talk to anyone of they were teaching me =\

I can work with good listeners. ;):ear:

I actually learned by chatting with people vs talking. I donā€™t like to talk often because I tend to get too focus and lose my train of thought. Use all the resources available to you and in time you will learn. Just remember though, part of being good is losing. You will never improve if you donā€™t learn why you lost.

Anybody feel free to add me for some sets. I look forward to all challengers.

1 Like

Yo, is this still on saturdays only? I took part once and really enjoyed it haha, plus I need some friends to play KI with through the week, not many of us English players out there haha.

Should be as far as I know, PM @MrxFlutterShy if you have any questions. I believe there is supposed to be a NEW THREAD created to avoid any confusion from this old thread.

I imagine OP will lock this thread once the new Forum Battles thread gets created.

Looking forward to participating in Forum Battlesā€™ new incarnation :smiley:

Iā€™ve done ā€œhelpā€ sets with people using the XBL messaging app on SmartGlass. Itā€™s not terribly efficient, but it can be useful if youā€™re looking for advice as you play. And as a general note, I donā€™t think any of the forum battles participants are consistent tournament players by any stretch of the imagination. Some of them have played in a few tournaments here and there, but most (to my knowledge) are really just ā€œcasualā€ players like you. Iā€™d encourage you to not get discouraged - playing consistently (and intelligently using resources to help you improve) will get you to their level soon enough. :slight_smile:

@EthSoSerious - Iā€™d recommend going to the ā€œGGā€™s threadā€ (or something to that effect) to look for general matches as well. It serves as a kind of ongoing impromptu matchmaking service here on the forums.

1 Like

ā€œIā€™d encourage you to not get discouragedā€

I donā€™t think I can garentee that. I really donā€™t think so.

Well itā€™s up to you my friend! Thereā€™s people willing to help out should you be so inclined to take us up on the offer :smiley:

What level are you? How many characters do you have up to lvl 50? Have you been to any tournaments? And most importantly, are you one of the top 32 players?

He is good. Way better than me in fact. I only beat him in two matches I think. Once with Fulgore and once with Riptor.

Of corse heā€™s one of the best playersā€¦

I just wanted to ask that. Thank you for answering :slight_smile:

ā€¦but heā€™s not top 32 (yet).

Perpetually telling yourself ā€œIā€™ll never understand the game,ā€ or ā€œIā€™ll never be good at it,ā€ is a pretty surefire way to make sure thatā€™s what happens.

Even if you lose, learn to accept that it will happen and try to learn what unsafe things you are doing, what things the opponent did which let them beat you, and how you could counteract those things in the future.

Losses happen, and there will always be someone better than you, particularly given that KI isnā€™t something which only released, itā€™s been around for two years. You need to want to improve to actually have it happen.

ā€¦ I Donā€™t know where you got that idea from, but I said that because I expected him to be a good player.

Theyā€™ve kind of already answered this, but:

• What level am I?
    Level 50, Killer (70% win rate in Ranked, higher elsewhere). Not sure what you were looking for, so just listed everything :kissing_smiling_eyes:
  • How many characters at 50?
    4 (Sadira, Hisako, Aria, Jago)
  • Have I been to any tournaments?
    Went to my first in Feb. Havenā€™t been to any others yet.
  • Am I Top 32?
    No. Donā€™t generally have the time or inclination to go for it. I go about even with most pro star holders though - there are some I body, a few who body me, and a bunch where itā€™s a solid back and forth. I tend to think win % is a better predictor of skill though; pro stars are primarily an indication of time and dedication spent in Ranked. You wonā€™t find any bad Top 32 players, but there are players with no stars out there who would absolutely destroy most of the people with a star beside their name.

But yeah, I donā€™t actually get to participate in Forum Battles, so itā€™s not like youā€™d be playing me. :slight_smile: I participate in the thread because I like the fact that we have a group of players in here who really want to grow the community and foster a sense of fellowship with forum members, and I like to support it how I can. Forum Battles is primarily about the experience of playing with friends, not so much about being particularly competitive. I actually think itā€™s a pretty solid and safe place to learn a variety of characters and MUā€™s. There are some pretty skilled FB players, but not everybody (or even a majority depending on turnout) is a killer. Talk to Flutter, and he can probably set you up with matches that are more appropriate to where your game is right now.

Heh. I wouldnā€™t hold my breath on that one. Think the highest I made it was 88, over Christmas break when I had a bit of extra time. That pretty much solidified for me that Top 32 was more trouble than it was worth - I was routinely picking up 1000 points whenever I ran into some of the higher ranked players, but it took forever to actually find them to get matched up with. It was mostly just wailing on people for 50 points at a time and hoping that I got a good draw I could actually earn some points from. The grind for Top 32 is super real, and ainā€™t nobody got time for that :joy:

1 Like