Killer Instinct Weekly Forum Battles

“ARRROOOOoooOOOooo” :slight_smile:

I can’t… Because I’ll go to Kumite tournaments…

But I would play with you for next Saturday!

You may join as late as you want. If you can’t make it at all, then you will have to talk to @RGLOfficial about special streams, or beginning a stream early.

1 Like

I actually went back and watched Max’s Boss Rage against Shadow Jago. “We’re going to do this…cause I’m a freakin’ dog!”

Proceeds to keep dream alive with Bennywulf.

2 Likes

Funny… I just did this as well…

1 Like

I just watched him 2-0 UA Charlieboy in his latest KI video.

By the way, to clarify, I was part of the first Forum battles with @RGLOfficial and, as far as I can remember at least, neither of us actually came up with that catchphrase. I agree, we need a new one - I’ll see if I can think of anything.

Perhaps, in honour of Orchid and the amount of work she’s done to try and defeat Ultratech since launch and the amount of trouble a certain player’s chunk monster gives many of us, how about “One step closer to flushing out @GalacticGeek’s Aganos”? :smiley: Joke’s asside, (unless someone else has used it before, which is probably the case), we just with the announcer’s idea - “fight on!”

If I actually think of anything truely original, I’ll see if I can remember to post it here.

Also, I’d like to bring @Blindgamer102 into this discussion. Amongst other things, he’s a KI player and youtuber who has more sight than I do (but it’snot saying much as I have absolutely none) :D. To use Orchid’s old lyrics, “he’s a killer” and he’s been posting highlights from his twitch stream on youtube. I think it’d be good to have more blind/VI players in the battles if we can and if he wants to participate, I don’t see any reason why he shouldn’t - he’s just like any of us - up for a fight and as able to hold his own in interesting situations. I hope you’ll join me in welcoming him into the forums and will help him as you’ve been willing to help me.

I look forward to participating in the coming rounds as and where I can and if anyone wants to run questions by me, though I’m not as frequently involved with the majority of the organisation of streams and the like, shoot me a message/friend request on here or XBL and I’ll see what I can do.

Fight On!

2 Likes

Man, I really need to get in on one of these lobbies. I keep procrastinating my way out of it. I’ll have to practice on all the newbies in Ranked to get somewhat competent again, maybe finally hit Killer.

Even if I can’t get into the lobbies I’ll need to start playing with you dudes. Hope to body/get bodied soon!

1 Like

The video for Round 3 has arrived! I took on a new format this time around including my own commentary. So be sure to tell me what you think! Also, I haven’t forgotten about the fight directory, it’s coming, I’m just on my way to work now so I don’t have time to write it. BUT SOON! That’s a promise!

Check the OP.

1 Like

One of…if not the best video of all time! You muther fugker …arghhhhh… dam you Shago! This is my land! Im a friggin dog!

Yeah I seen were you added him as a friend on your feed. That’s awesome! Look forward to seeing him on the forum and in the battles!

We should all make Shago run videos and try to achieve equal or more levels of hype.

You don’t need to practice…its not that serious and you will be surprised how good you are compared to others on here. If you have every character at lvl 50…you should do fine. Just because we are all on here doesn’t mean we are all perfect players… join us and have fun…that’s all its about is fun. You cant win em all!

1 Like

LOL…you have to be able to beat Shago to make a decent video! I have never beat him. I came close 3x, had him down to one hit and he found a way to get me…argghhhh. one night I lost 60 times to Shago before i gave up! That was many months ago…so maybe now I have a better shot? If i could use Omen I think I could do it.
You go first and then Ill follow !

We’ll see. I’ve beat him twice. But ONLY twice.
EDIT: I’m gonna base my run an a Rocky parody! I suggest watching the Stallone classic before watching my video.

It’s done. Check the OP.

This is also done. LOL Here Is a clip guys, from Forum Battles: Round 3, but Edited! :slightly_smiling: Part of my Mistakes were Made Series! <---- Click on that Link!

You know as much as I like Shadow Jago’s cold blue hands reaching for the controller, I think I’d like to try my hand at an alternate art for the thumbnail. No promises or anything, just gonna give it a try.

If you need inspiration, how about an art style like an MKX Style Art? Like this:

http://static3.therichestimages.com/cdn/1920/1006/100/c/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Scorpion-vs-Sub-Zero.jpg

But With Shadow Jago and Jago replacing them. Even if It is just the faces, that would be great.

Or Like the Combo Breaker Pack?

It kills two birds with one Stone, ( I just know Geek is going to comment about that phrase. LOL)

One being one of the coolest battles in KI, and can have a deeper meaning!

Up to you though.

1 Like