Killer Instinct Weekly Forum Battles

Sweet, earlier than expected. Good job man.

Moreover, I’ll have my matches posted on my channel as well, so if you just want to watch the ones I managed to get, feel free.

I don’t normally make shameless appeals like this, but I’d really like the subs - that’d mean, once I reach 500, that I can get a custom URL and not have to worry about where my channel is located
 :smiley:

I’ll let you know when they’re done, they’ve been captured without music.

Forum Battles Round 3 Report:

Forum Battles Round 3 was a success in every way!

The stream was stable, the parties were stable, the commentary improved, and the overall communication improved. We even reached out to 3 new potential Forum Battles Members! Be sure to say “Hi” to any new faces you see here on the topic.

Old issues were resolved, new ones were circumvented in a way that didn’t affect gameplay, and the matches were more HYPE than ever before!

This week we saw brand new characters, a 4 wall Aganos crush, and many amazing DANGER vs DANGER stand-offs. (And many dropped combos)

Next week promises to have:

• Fixed bracket procedure
  • More polished commentary and overlay management
  • Tracked match statistics

@IronFlame, @Sasuke99I, @GalacticGeek, @DoobyDude23,
For your troubles, all of you will receive 2:
"Forum Battles Fun Tokens"
That you can redeem at any official Forum Battles event, for your choice of:
-The first available seat at the beginning of an event
-A best-of-three “show match” with @MrxFlutterShy before the normal bracket begins
-1 “Hype Commentary” on a match of your choice
OR, you could save them for later, when we may have more prizes!

So, finally,
What would you guys like to see from Forum Battles in the future?

KEEP RISING!

Hmm Forum Battle Fun Tokens. So that is what you mean by rewarded. Lol. I think I will save. Edit:Keep Rising sounds a bit too much like Rise Up.

I’m back to rise!

1 Like

I never did like the whole “rise” thing, but then again nobody really asked me
 :frowning:

I think you guys could’ve come up with something better to be honest. As for what, I don’t know, but I know you guys can do better than “let’s rise.”

How about Something with improving? Prove yourself? Proven, not given? Idk tossing ideas around.

We want to emphasize improving each other, not competition. But we’ll take any suggestions.

Well, since we’re all trying to learn and improve, I looked up those 2 words on thesaurus.com for some synonmyms that might work (I suggest you try this for yourself and see what you can come up with). My favorite word that popped up was 1 that ARIA loves to use - evolve. So I say, “let’s evolve” - what do you guys think, eh?

Also, a suggestion I’d like to add, even though it may seem obvious, is that it’s probably a good idea to let others know that we’re also about having fun in some way, because over the past few weeks doing this, I can certainly vouch for that aspect of the Forum Battles. :slight_smile:

On a side note, I kind of hate that the PS4 used the “Greatness Awaits” tag line or that Tim Allen used the “To infinty and beyond” motto as Buzz Lightyear
 :expressionless:

Maybe “Have a Blast and Have Fun or Stay Salty and get Recked. The choice is Yours”

Don’t dream. Do.

How about:
“Whatever you do, don’t get bodied!”

The dream is alive!

LOL Everyone gets Bodied though. :slightly_smiling:

2 Likes

Ooh, that sounds nice
 :slight_smile: :notes:

It’s apparently Max’s THE DREAM IS NOT DEAD song. Very popular!

Here is another catchprase. “I’m afraid that I am once step closer to beating the champ while trying to not get cut by a fine specimen that is the Herald of Gargos that is too much fun apbut it needs to evolve or die”. Wait did I combine all the English intros in the game?

1 Like

When’s KI forum battles start? I know, I’m very late!

We are getting ready for Round 4, but we have only officially streamed 1 of them, so you are not late!

It is every Saturday at 2pm Eastern.

Please read the guide i made. It is in the Original post. I know it is long, but trust me, once you start reading it, you will understand why. If you do read it, you will be ready to have your name added to the list and participate next week!