Killer Instinct Shall Conquer Fighting Games - KI Revival Movement (official thread)

Whoopsie, I mistyped. If you play as Shago and do your counter breaker combo that I listed in my last post, the opponent is able to break it right at the end even though a human can’t break it. Look at @Infilament 's guide under the counter breaker combo section.

That Shago sequence is weird, I think it might be a glitch that the computer is able to break but humans cannot. At least, I’ve never been able to break it and I’ve tried a bunch of times. Maybe it extends literally 1 frame after the lockout ends and I just missed it a bunch, but I’m pretty doubtful.

@INDIxion The only way you can reliably counter break the computer (to practice counter break combos) is to set the AI to “break all, frame 0”, then do an opener and immediately counter break (don’t even input an auto-double, just press MP+MK after the opener). The counter breaking AI is programmed poorly… if you set it to “break on frame 10” and then counter break on frame 9, you would expect the counter breaker to work, but instead the CPU just … won’t break. You can catch it if you counter break on exactly the same frame as the AI, but it’s needlessly hard and doesn’t reflect how actual counter breaking works in real matches. So just counter break after the opener to practice instead.

1 Like

I taught that sequence to my roommate and I have never been able to break it in the myriad of sets we played, I think it could possibly either be a glitch or the timing is extremely strict.

This topic has derailed a little bit XD

Thank you for clearing that up @Infilament, I thought something was off…

IG really should do something about this. If a newcomer decides to experiment/practice counter breaking in Practice Mode and notices this weird strict timing like I did, he’s being seriously misleaded… We don’t want that do we. : /

1 Like

Last session with Fulgore coming up in 30 minutes…
Will hit that Killer League now, just watch.

✦ KI Revival Series pt. 9/26 - FULGORE ✦

Found you randomly on Twitter :slight_smile:

Gonna RT this series like a ■■■■ :thumbsup:

1 Like

Hi boys and grills.

✦ KI Revival Series pt. 10/26 - TJ COMBO ✦
… starting in 10.

Could need some help with this boring fugger. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh btw, here’s my twitter if you want to follow me on there:
https://twitter.com/Ixion_90

1 Like

Nah, I just wanna fight ya! :wink:

st.HP xx L Rush pressure was damn fun haha. :smile:

Let’s see if I can become satisfied enough with my TJ tonight…

❖ KI Revival Series pt. 10/26 - TJ COMBO ❖
… starting 21:15 tonight, half an hour from now!

1 Like

Does anyone know who the lead designer for KI is, and if it’s possible to constact him?

Doing one last session with TJ… I kind of mastered his basics, but I want to spend one session focusing more on how to counter my opponents rather than learning all my tools. Learning new characters in this game is really draining haha. :smiley:

Combo is actually really fun, but his auto double rhythms and negative edge makes him rough to COMBO with. Q_Q Getting st.LK xx Shadow Knee (instead of st.LK xx Tumble) is infuriating! F**k I want to be able to disable that weirdass mechanism so bad. x_X

❖ KI Revival Series pt. 10/26 - TJ COMBO ❖
Starting in 30 min.

1 Like

Guess I’m all alone here… Oh well I’ll just continue talking to myself. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Time for a new character tonight, finally feeling satisfied enough with my TJ.
So… time for a wild Maya!
Tried her out a bit in Practice already, she seems really fun and interesting.

❖ KI Revival Series pt. 11/26 - MAYA ❖
Starting in 10 min.

Oh and again, if anyone knows how to contact the people managing the overall game design of KI I would still really appreciate if someone told me.

How to contact the people in charge of the game? You already are. It is called the forums.

1 Like

An @ tag with “developers” should do. They (or at least Keits ) know about your streams, I believe you were referenced during Raam’s breakdown.

1 Like

There are a bunch of people across two teams (one at Iron Galaxy, the other at Microsoft) who take care of various aspects of game design. If you have suggestions for how to improve KI, you’re welcome to make them on these forums and maybe use the “@ developers” (no space) tag. But even if your suggestions are really good ideas, they might not make it into the final game due to budget and time concerns, so don’t get too attached to them… the rest of us have all learned this lesson the hard way already.

2 Likes

I keep wanting to have a chance at fighting you, @INDIxion, on or off stream, but I always seem to miss the opportunity. Do you have a regular schedule for this kind of thing that I don’t know about, or what?

1 Like

Tuesdays and Thursdays,

When on Tuesdays and Thursdays, though? What time zone? What channel? I need specifics! Details!

He lives in Sweden, which is 6 hours ahead of Florida time. So he probably plays at or around 3-5 PM your time.

There IS a very detailed schedule on my twitch channel in the description at the bottom. Just check that out. :wink:

Anyway thank you for your responses guys. Even if it might not do much I will try and use the @developers or my concerns at some point. Right now I have forgotten what it was I wanted to contact them for. :laughing:

Second (and probably last because of how easy she was to play) session with Maya coming up soon!
Dagger juggles are damn fun but man… I feel like she can do whatever she wants haha what a ■■■■■ she is.

Hitting Killer League tonight then?
Hopefully.
Sick of Gold league.

❖ KI Revival Series pt. 11/26 - MAYA ❖

… starting in 5 min!