Killer Instinct Shall Conquer Fighting Games - KI Revival Movement (official thread)

I’m with Sightless on this one, shadow moves happen to frequently to be treated that much differently. I think that the slowdown sound effect on startup along with the screen freeze has already a pretty dramatic effect. In comparison, SFV EX moves are much more underwhelming, the only sound cue you have there is that laser sound on startup.

I agree to a certain extent about the Killing hits. I wrote something about it some time ago. What I’d like to see done there is to have some emphasis on the Killing hit, wether in combo or just a single hit. What I suggest is something similar to what happens in Injustice when the lifebar is depeted: short slowmo, deep sound effect and a rippling screen distortion VFX.

1 Like

I don’t think that would work in combo, especially considering we have the level 4 enders. I appreciate the concept, but ust don’t think it would work between rounds really…

I would love it even if only on single hit kills. The game doesnt reward you for ha footsie kill at the moment:)

1 Like

I will still stick to my point regarding the shadow moves… When I do a shadow move, it feels more satisfying on block than on hit due to the sound effects. In my opinion, that is messed up. I’m sure it’s subjective but… oh well.

On another note;
✦ Killer Instinct Revival Series pt. 7/26 - ORCHID ✦ …
… is coming up in 10 minutes!

Hope to see as many of you as possible at some point tonight. :slight_smile:

✦ Killer Instinct Revival Series pt. 8/26 - SPINAL ✦

Starting in 20. ^_*

1 Like

Secret Spinal session hihihih

Hurry up and join guys. This is amazing.

he is live https://www.twitch.tv/ixion_90

So guys, I heard that Iron Galaxy would like to change the amount of auto doubles from 6 to 3.
What do you think of this?

I believe that it would be a very good thing for the newcomers because the game is seriously overwhelming in its current state… However it would cause a small blandness-factor I guess. :frowning: But really, to have both K and P autodoubles is kinda like… that’s just giving the player more work. it’s cool aesthetically and more satisfying in the long run but I’m sure it has a bad impact on the newcomers.

Anyway, stream is coming up!

I didn’t think I would have to have this many sessions with Spinal in order to get to a good enough level with him, but I apparently I did. He’s mad fun though!

On Thursday I will be doing Fulgore.

Last Spinal practice session starting in 20 minutes. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I’m at work for about three more hours, but I will try to jump in to catch at least the tail end of your stream tonight. It’s nice to see someone else making the rounds of the cast like I am, but I play one character for a whole month, rather than a couple of weeks. You’re blitzing through the roster pretty quickly, and from what I’ve watched it seems as though you’re definitely learning characters and matchups, which is awesome!

1 Like

Where did you hear this? That sounds like quite a change.

Nice to hear you’re digging it Skeletal!
I decided to practice the characters for a few days instead of months because that made more sense to make a series of… A series of 26 months would be kinda… aaeh. xD

@Crainiak24 a viewer of mine told me when I streamed, but I don’t know where he heard it. It would make sense though, considering there are 25 characters now instead of like, 8… Sickass much stuff to learn now as a new player haha.

So much fun though, but it takes dedication and discipline for sure… which might be bad if we wanna get a lot of people to play this. :expressionless:

I like the idea of a round end sound effect.
Maybe we could have something like the announcer spout off random combo names depending on how much life you have left on your meter.
Example: <20% green --> “Awesome!”
<40% ---->“Beastly!!”
<60%---->"Killer!!“
Full health---->Godlike!”

On top of this, add a visual cue by plastering the name in the middle of the screen, maybe just a second or 2, similar to the early season 1 trailer

And this way should fit well because it wouldn’t be using any assets that weren’t already in the game, so they wouldn’t feel out of place.

2 Likes

I noticed something weird in Practice Mode… I don’t know if maybe it is only on the PC version, but for some reason counter breaking is INSANELY strict. Can do it really easily against people, but in Practice it is goddamn hard.

Anyone noticed this?
I tried different break-on-frame settings and it didn’t really make it easier.

Time for…
✦ Killer Instinct Revival Series pt. 9/26 - FULGORE ✦

Starting in 30. ^_*

Oh yes the training mode counterbreak is very strict. Must be on the exact frame it is set on or the Cpu won’t break.

Sorry I couldn’t watch all of the stream for today, but that was fun seeing you play as Fulgore! The CPU combo break speed is ludicrous, it can break things that humans can’t so you have to be super precise with it

Glad you enjoyed it… I was super duper exhausted after an hour so I just played all weird all night. xD

But… wat? that makes no sense man. There is no way it can ever be that strict, ever, is there?

The game just reacts in a way that is not possible by human standards. There’s a section in the ki.infil.net guide for Shadow Jago and his 0-meter counter breaker combo. It’s something like HP AD > MP AD > HP AD > MP AD > HP AD xx Ender. The computer will be able to counter break it every time but it’s impossible for humans to actually break that combo.

Secret practice session w/ Fulgore… w/ beer. :3

Uh… what? That’s not even close to true. First of all, that “counter breaker combo” is when Shadow Jago gets a counter when his opponent tried to break. The opponent becomes locked out when they get counter breakered, meaning, the opponent can’t break until 4 sec passes. Even a computer can’t break when they are locked out.

Btw, that sequence is easy as ■■■■ to break.