Killer Instinct Season 3 Ultra Edtion Details & Pricing

Period. :wink:

To be honest, there’s a lot of people who dont give a fck about classic KI games.

KI Gold + VIP XP + Colors is a better deal.

Well I went ahead & preordered. I have to admit, I’m still a bit uneasy about what all we’re getting with it though, & the KI gold doesn’t really help that much. I gotta be honest, I’ve been in since right after Spinal dropped, & while I didn’t care for season 1’s “do X to unlock Y” method, especially since “X” involved getting up to a particular rank online, the whole grind or pay thing we have now wasn’t much better. I’ve honestly hardly used KI gold, especially to unlock stuff. Considering that you have to grind to get color 9 & everything else is along the way, what’s the point?

Anyway…done with my rant. I suppose I’ll figure out something to do with it. I’m glad I had $10 in MS credit given as a present that I forgot about…I only had to shell out $30 for it.

I’m just really glad you guys fixed the 1st season’s progression reset glitches…I’m pretty sure I had about everything unlocked twice over & lost it all, some got some swapped onto my kid’s save file, & I lost $5 in KI gold to a glitch when it first dropped.

1 Like

Pre-ordered, honestly I’ve enjoyed the hell out of KI since it’s release even though I haven’t had much time to play it. It’s not often you get a damn good reboot let alone one that has continual support and dedication.

Sure the retros aren’t perfect (to me quite a few are) but I actually like the fact that every character gets one unlike MK9 or even MKX.

I enjoy the fact that up until now every character has their own stage and even though I’m a little disappointed in just 3 stages coming this time around I can still say it isn’t that bad given all the legacy characters got theirs and everyone still has their own theme song which is awesome in my book.

Anyway enough rambling, here’s to another year of KI, I’ll be at Evo supporting KI S3’s presence! :smiley:

So let me get this straight, the bonus colors will only be for the season 3 characters?

2 Likes

Bonus colors for all 3 seasons would certainly help them justify the unfair price.

3 Likes

Unless they’re trolling or implying that the season 3 characters won’t get ultimate source figures so to compensate they get bonus colors, I hope this isn’t the case.

I hope it isn’t either, I hope they include alt colors for all characters. Would help justify the price for sure.

2 Likes

That’s reading way too much into it. If I had to do the same, I could say S3 figures will take some time to get to, so to tide people over temporarily we got bonus colors for them.
Neither is true. Lets not muddle up the simple facts by adding assumptions.

It’s basically the same thing then. Wave two launches by the end of the summer. Hypothetically let’s say a wave 3 or 4 could come a year from now. Assuming waves 1 and 2 are a financial success. It isn’t looking too deep into anything, bonus colors have only up until now been tied to the purchase of figures outside of the free holiday color for Orchid. It was more of a question based on what we know, less of an assumption based on what we don’t.

Apologies then. it wasn’t quite framed as a question so I misunderstood the intent. But yea, in the end we just have info about the S3 bonus colors, I wouldn’t take that as any indication about the figures since they’re not actually related (this being a bonus color for S3 and figure-specific bonus colors being a guarantee if they make one for the character)

1 Like

I love the VIP XP. Don’t have much need for the Gold though… as of yet.

It being a better deal is subjective. I find the price to be a tad bit high.

I meant to post yesterday, but couldn’t/forgot after my browser decided to play up. But I am now the owner of the Season 3 ultra edition. Whilst not everything is necessarily useful/to my preference for content, I’ll wait it out and see what we get in S3’s future.

Glad to see I am not the only one who is not thrilled by the pricing and so called bonuses, but decided to take the plunge anyways in good faith based on the incredible job Iron Galaxy did with season 2.

1 Like

Okay, well I got up this morning and preordered. I’m trusting that I will see something cool to use all that KI gold on, and I realized I was agonizing over $20.

But I played a round or two and there’s no Xp multiplier. It shows up as Bonus Level X 1.0 when it adds up my score. Can we get some confirmation @rukizzel about how this is supposed to look and work?

It will start working on the 29th :wink:

1 Like

Thank you! The man never sleeps…

I gotta admire your dedication for being up this late.

Nope.

You said "out of the 4, I like …"
Of course you can’t include the 4 characters that aren’t revealed yet…
BUT… what about season 1 and 2? Aren’t they getting colors? And shouldn’t they be part of the price that people already think is a little too much?