Killer Instinct Inktober Challenge!

ARIA orchestrates day 17! This character was a challenge to draw, but it’s sort of fun to figure out how all those mechanical parts fit together, and… I just know @FengShuiEnergy is gonna take all this for innuendo so maybe I should stop while I’m ahead… :stuck_out_tongue:

18 Likes

Oh yes, it’s a masterpiece! One question is that part of her stomach or her leg? Is she up on one knee? That and I plucked that picture and added it to my collection. :heart:

1 Like

Shoryuken!

It’s her stomach–she’s got a very concave abdomen, which is why it might look like the curve of a leg. The mechanical equivalent of her pelvic girdle is pretty visible and both legs begin below that, with one stepping in front of the other slightly… which would be easier to tell if I had done more than waist-up pic!

1 Like

I’d like to see you color this one

1 Like

Ah ok. The stomach part just looks weird because I see it then to the right of it is…more stomach? It changes. At least I think.

What you’re probably seeing is the three major planes that make up the front of her abdomen. Next time I dig my tablet out (which will probably be sometime tomorrow, and also providing that I remember) I will redline some stuff that might help explain things.

1 Like

Ok. Sounds good. But you draw her well. :heart:

Please do. Right now it looks like you’d break her spine if she had 1… I also can’t tell where her waist begins and bass body ends…

So I see it clearly nowish. It’s her arm. Now I got it. Now it all makes sense. Can you do another one of ARIA once you complete the cast? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me and Geek have been waiting since August of last year for Glacius artwork. Wait your turn or do a commission. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh I ask for commissions all the time. I’m filling up my KI art collection.

DON’T YOU DARE :cry:

jk go ahead. Anodyne needs to make a living after all

Well hey, it’s my money I’m giving them. I think so far…I’ve spent…what close to $5000 in commissions. From the SFW to the NSFW.

Omen for Day 18!

20 Likes

Nice, love the shadow effects for his body only thing I would touch up on is the smile on his mask. On the right side (viewers left) the smile kind of fades out from the rest of the mask which should be the only solid connected piece on his body other than that well worth the wait.

While nowhere near as good as OhAnodynes drawings I decided to doodle up a sketch of gargos, for all jago fans I’m sorry I butchered your character as for gargos I messed up his legs a bit.

Edit: In hindsight I might’ve butchered the legs as well lol.

16 Likes

It’s still a worthy attempt, IMO.

@OhAnodyne By and large, your Omen is fine, I think. I have a few gripes, but those are easily explained away by his “gaseous” form.

Ohhh but I really like this one! The posing is really nice, but then I’m a sucker for character interactions… and it’s rare to see Gargos so outright ticked. Well done, thank you for contributing!

1 Like

Oh can do you ARIA grabbing someone? :slight_smile: