Killer Instinct Inktober Challenge!

There’s no sense of depth though - it looks like he cut off half a face! Besides with as wide as the proportions are for his right, you’d see a lot more on the left…

They’re that wide because of the angle he’s facing though.

1 Like

Both sides should be even, but they’re not - even with the angle as it is, not enough of the left is showing as should be.

@GalacticGeek Do you have ink drawing to show?

1 Like

There are people a bit nitpick with an artist doing one drawing of this per day. Not cool

I’m an Aganos fan and I’m really enjoying this series. I like your vision of Aganos, keep the good work! Eager to see Gargos and Eyedol. I’m sure this last one is going to be a challenge!

2 Likes

Whatever your reason, not a nice thing to say. I shouldn’t have to tell you that there were better ways to get your point across.

By the by, @OhAnodyne, that Riptor is appropriately a BEAST! And I like the details you’ve got going on with the vines and arms in Aganos’.

6 Likes

Based upon the angle of the drawing it is impossible to see all four eyes at once. He does create the illusion of the forth eye with the beginning of the brow for the forth.

As a visual artist I think the drawing is fine as is.

Honestly with your history on this board, I can’t tell if you are being funny or are serious. It it is funny, please make sure to indicate it… if you are serious, it is a really silly thing to nitpick about.

2 Likes

The angles look a little bit odd because Aganos does not have any complete face–the left shares half with the middle, which shares half with the right, etc. Also as others have said, if the face is turned enough it is possible that all you can see is the protrusion of the brow, which is what is happening here since it is nearly in a straight profile view. I don’t mind critique, even though I have stated that these are one-offs and not pieces that I have time to go back and fix due to the nature of the challenge–but some of your remarks have been very rudely worded. You should perhaps think a little on what you write before you post it.

To everyone else, thank you for using a little bit of sense, and for all your support moving forward! I’m glad you’re all enjoying them. I’m having a good time with these, it’s great to have such a varied cast to fiddle with.

EDIT: I was curious so I went back and did a little bit of research to double-check my references… there are plenty of screenshots where that particularly area of his face is completely obscured. I feel like my depiction is still accurate.

8 Likes

That Aganos is so sick! Oh man.

I’m excited for the other characters!

Edited my initial golem post for posterity.

Hisako for day 15–another character that fits the month of October perfectly! Love these horror tropes.

14 Likes

(screams internally for joy and hype)

You should edit your first post including all the pictures, so we can see all together easily :slight_smile:
Where is Omen? I’m curious about him!

Also, as suggestion, I really would like to see Aria in the pose she does when she is sit in her chair, laying with one of her hands under her face

4 Likes

Hisakos drawn is really good, but my favourite so far is Sabrewulf. (Glacius drawn is great too).
Im waiting for Cinder, Gargos and Eyedol.

Oh, that’s not a bad idea! I do plan on making a masterpost once I have higher-res scans available, maybe I’ll tack that up there. :>

Also to everyone requesting characters–I’m doing them in the order that they appear on the current character select screen (except I accidentally swapped TJ and Maya, and bonus characters come at the end of a season), so that should tell you when you can expect your faves!

1 Like

But Omen comes before Aganos and Hisako.

([…]and bonus characters come at the end of a season[…])

In other words, after I do all of the Season 2 characters, then Omen will be up next!

Wow that looks great!

I do!

1 Like