Killer Instinct Forum League!

I like it.

Yeah, I was thinking this too. If you have more participants it’s better to divide into two leagues with a smaller number of participants. This still limits the number of matches each person is responsible for.

I voted ten because I have a hard time imagining myself arranging 30 (29 I guess) matches in any reasonable span. But 9? No problem.

As a bonus, if you have two leagues you can take the top two players from each and have a short championship tournament.

EDIT: I didn’t read @Sheptastic0312’s full post and then I wrote EXACTLY the same thing. Sorry for the duplication.

A Two Stage Tournament,

with the groups as the leagues

I’m guessing an even-capped number would work for a Two Stage tournament. If It was 20 players, it would look like this:

This is very cool, but I don’t want to flip the idea here. @Dayv0’s idea is to have a league to encourage people to fight on a regular basis and keep track of their results. It’s not just a way of sorting through a large number of players to have a manageable tournament at the end. The league is the important bit. This set up just looks like pools for a tournament.

Not to make this all about me, but one of the reasons I like this idea is that on a typical weeknight I get home from work, maybe help get dinner ready do some chores. Then if I’m lucky I have an hour to kill before getting the kids to bed. Most of the time I just kind of sit there. Sometimes I think “I should go play KI,” but then I just veg instead. If I have a set of league matches to get through this might get me Ovetr the hump to go boot up the game. Plus it will expand my circle of KI friends which is always good.

I can also imagine a Saturday afternoon where someone in the league just posts on here “setting up a lobby for league matches.” Get a few people in there and take turns running your sets. Less tense and organized than a tournament but a little more purposeful than just a random lobby. I don’t know, just sounds fun.

2 Likes

True, it is @Dayv0’s idea, I was thinking a Two Stage Tournament would be the solution.

I’m down to play once you folks get it all sorted :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m in, lemme know when this starts up! =D

Also a football fan, and I know what you were going for, sort of like the divisions in all the leagues. I would like to see relegations and promotions and stuff but given the theme is more around fun, the conference idea seems better. :thumbsup: for the idea, and lemme know if I can be of any help.

1 Like

Yes!! All my boys (@Crainiak24, @DulXboxOne and @Marbledecker) are doing it too!

Guess what, everyone except who I mentioned? I’M NOT ALONE!!

2 Likes

How do I sign up???

1 Like

It still doesn’t have an inscription, first the format and rules most being set. I’m not at home right now, more later

1 Like

Alright, thank you!

1 Like

The NFL format would work perfectly, 32 players, 2 conferences, top 4 seeding, 2 wildcards per conferences. Same playoff structure where 1 plays 5 and 2 plays 4 etc. Have a conference championship in each and then the final fight of the top player of each conference play in the championship.

Its not exactly how its laid out but its easy to look up.

I don’t think 32 players is needed, it’s best to keep the number small. Good idea however.

Just say you’re in and you’re entered. That’s what everyone else has done :wink:

lol

1 Like

Yea I know that is too many right now, I meant further down the road. I mean it would be split into two leagues of 16 so it wouldn’t be as many matches. You could even split it further by doing 4 leagues of 8.

Just giving ideas :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s great that you’re giving ideas!

However @Dayv0 I feel like this tournament should be a Two Stage Tournament, in which everything would work. If you’re aiming for 20 players, you’ll get 5 groups of 4 players. If 16 players is what you’re aiming for, you’ll have 4 groups of 4 players. And then let’s say the two or one top player(s), can advance to the final stage and battle the other group winners.

Thats cool, but my idea is more a League, not a tournament. Maybe there could be 2 leagues of 8-10 players each, and maybe it could be a play off among the best of each league, but I don’t want an standard tournament

I need to see the bracket in order to really understand it.

Edit: I’m guessing it’s going to go like the Premier League? (Yes, I’m a football fan).