Killer Instinct Forum League!

Wasn’t expecting to see 30 players around, actually. Gonna set a max of 20, although I know it’s going to be hard, I know many of the volunteers will help ^^

Even you @Infilament, if you don’t want to participate, I would like to ask you to analizate some of the matches if you like. Maybe the fights could be not top players, but your help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

There are many personal reasons why I won’t be participating in any future tournaments or competitions of any sort.

The two reasons I can give:

1. I (think) am awful at the game lol.

2. I don’t want my Ego to rise and/or get me enraged and lose friends in the process.

Despite my reputation, and this is not really considered a tradition tournament (no offence @Dayv0)

Sooooooooo… I’m sorry to say:

No. I probably won’t be joining.

Boy you better quit acting all humble and join this tournament already.

2 Likes

In all seriousness though… Maybe I will.

1 Like

ha ha ha ha ha…excellent.

2 Likes

Don’t worry Mandrill. If I join, I fully expect to get bodied (unless I start training really hard with one character and actually git gud), so we can be bottom buddies if things don’t go well.

I mean, I definitely feel just like you do. It kinda feels like everyone else is way out of my league. I play online pretty rarely, and I usually jump around the cast too, while it feels like everyone else has gotten their training from Ranked and Tournament practice, or at least exhibition. I’m a warrior only among AI, Shadows, and my younger siblings.

2 Likes

HEY! I really love this idea! :smiley:

1 Like

I love this as well, I’m in.

Do all matches start at a specific time or do players have to sort out their matches between themselves?

HELL YEAHSSSHHHHH.!!! i do you can almost make my team inscription ( general raam -glacius-sadira)

Gonna cap the inscription to 20. I will check later how many of us are already in, and I will start polls to take a look into the rules

Is there a challonge bracket?

Not yet. Maybe its not going to be necesary since its a league, not an standart tournament.

I’m pretty sure you can make it the way you described.

Edit: The closest thing I found was a Two Stage Tournament, but it doesn’t have everyone play eachother, it has a certain amount of people play eachother in group and then a certain amount of players fight the other winners from their groups. For example, the FIFA World Cup is a Two Stage Tournament.

However since you described Everyone has to play everyone, that’s something I can’t find.

1 Like

Everyone fighting everyone is just round robin.

Put all the names in a matrix in a google doc and then try to fill your row. Record results as a win (5-3 in green), and then as a loss (3-5 in red) in the other guy’s row. Use google doc formulas to create rows that show who has won the most games, who is winning the league, etc.

I still think 20 people in a round robin is a huuuuuge amount of matches and will quickly feel overwhelming, but it’s up to you guys. People will not be motivated to play 19 matches when it’s clear they won’t be placing high in the league, and people will lose interest in the tournament results if it’s going to take 1.5-2 months to finish it. I think you’d be better off with smaller leagues and some sort of relegation system or something. Do smaller leagues but do it more often.

5 Likes

Noted. I will set some polls later. League duration, dq rules, maybe the posibility of drawn games, character switch… there is much to do, but I have some nice ideas ^^

Oh yeah, that’s true.

@Dayv0 I could sort something for you.

Yeah, you are probably right. I was looking it like a regular soccer league, which is months lengh, and although many people still will go for it, some won’t.

So, I would like to ask you people, how many people should participate? If the number is smaller than the current volunteers, we have to arrange something

0 voters
1 Like

@Dayv0 To help you out…
http://challonge.com/TEST792

I’ve got a mock bracket here, with how it would look with 18 players, and with 18 players is exactly 153 matches in total.

As I scrolled through the thread, it seems we have 16 players already (if it will be active on weekends) and 2 I believe are still thinking about it.

Then again, I’m not the host of this tournament.

Or if you get 16, you could have 2 leagues of 8. Kinda like a conference in sports. Then at the end of it maybe have the top 2 in each conference play in a play off type fashion. Then for the next one, you could divide the players by order of how they finished. All odd go to one and the even to the other based on record to keep it competitive.

3 Likes

A playoff was on my mind, but I like the idea splitting it into 2 leagues

1 Like