Killer Instinct Dreams: Part 2

Few days ago, I had dream about last character in Season 3. So I clicked EVO’s stream on twitch for they reveal last character’s trailer. They finally show last character’s trailer on stream! I was very HYPE! Last character is… Eagle! He look so fabulous! :smiley:

2 Likes

Ok, so I had another one. It was about Season 4 this time.

There was a special trailer at the end of some event depicting a new stage that seem to be a decrepit study room filled with old books, and it seemed to be somewhere atop a high tower, with a window overlooking the stormy night outside and some old-looking rooftops below. Then, facing that window and holding some sort of globe or crystal ball, there was a tall cloaked figure. His voice was heard, as his back was standing against the camera, saying something like “it is time” - and suddenly, a glimpse of its non-human mouth grinning. I instantly knew it was the new boss AND it was definitely the Lovecraftian character.

Then, a host of new (mostly human!) characters was shown. I can’t remember much of these apart from the fact that they were human… which was kinda boring!

Hopefully the first part of the dream will come true…

2 Likes

I had KI related dream. In it, I played Killer Instinct 2 on Famicom, and it looked only slightly worse than KI Gold. Nothing crazy actually.

1 Like

I bet Lovecraftian will be final boss in Season 4…

1 Like

Well, it finally happened - I dreamed about KI. Sort of…

I was a high school student again, and we were having a special “game day” at school. Prior to the event, everyone had been asked to bring their favorite games and controllers to school with them - I brought a physical copy of KI, my controller, and my Aganos stuffed plushy (which doesn’t actually exist, BTW). Upon arriving, everyone at my grade-level was asked to go to the gym, where we were introduced to 2 college-age students that were hosting the event - a man and a woman, and had already set everything up; the woman was obviously in charge. While she made some announcements, I was surprised to see how many of the students had controllers and games - nobody at my school ever seemed to talk or show signs of being gamers before. The woman then said something that was magic to my ears: “Killer Instinct tournament” - I knew right then that I was going to win it, because nobody even competed at my level. Those of us that were interested could go to the kiosks in the middle of the court and plug in our controllers. So I did.

…and this is where my dream turned into a nightmare.

As i plugged my controller into the console, I noticed a weird remote plugged into the 2nd-player slot. I asked the nearby player why they had plugged another console’s controller into this console. They told me that it probably used some sort of adapter, but that it wasn’t theirs. It was then that the woman in charge approached me and informed me that it was her controller, and that I had plugged mine into her display console, which she used to show games to the attendees. She also informed me that this was a violation of the rules, and that I was no longer allowed to play any games. This news brought me to tears and to my knees. To finally have a chance to prove myself to the school as a gamer, and I had just lost it due to a stupid technicality. I begged and pleaded with her to let me play because I knew I was the best and that I could prove it. She wouldn’t listen. So I turned to other students instead and begged them to let me show them - they also refused because they either refused to let me prove it to them, were busy playing other games on other consoles, or cited the rule that I had broken.

So, I sat. Alone, dejected, and defeated, on what should’ve been the best day of my life. It instead, turned into the worst day of my life.

As the afternoon wound to a close, I wiped away the tears, and went to grab my bag that had my KI game and Aganos plushy, figuring that the softness of the gentle giant doll would offer me some comfort. However, it was nowhere to be seen. I looked to and fro, but it was gone - someone had taken it! Facing reality that I would never again be able to hold the plushy or play KI ever again, I was completely destroyed at this point, and started wailing and throwing punches into the wall as hard as I could over and over again. Thankfully almost everyone was gone at this point.

Then, I felt a hand on my shoulder - I turned around to see a group of men, with the 1 in the middle removing his hand from my shoulder.

“It’ll be alright,” he said.

“Who are you?” I asked.

He introduced him and his group and told me that they were the band, CCR (Creedance Clearwater Revival). Stunned into silence at this revelation, they took pitty on me and offered me a free concert ticket to their latest showing, which I humbly accepted.

I then woke up from my dream, happy to know that I could still play KI, but saddened that I didn’t actually have an Aganos plushy to hug.

5 Likes

This needs to be a real thing like yesterday!!!

5 Likes

…and with actual removable plushy chunks and a wall! :smiley:

2 Likes

I had a dream Kim Wu was actually good

3 Likes

Sounds like everyone had the very similar dreams except for like a few.

2 Likes

I had amazing dream last night. Thompxson get bodied by my Arbiter at KI tournament! XD

3 Likes

Make that a reality! :persevere:

2 Likes

I will trying to defeat him when I meet him in person at tournament!

2 Likes

Am I only got many dream about KI?.. Oh whatever! I had another dream about KI again!

IG finally announcement Season 4 at KI tournament or KI World Cup. I can’t remember whatever. So we was very hype! Then they reveal S4 first character’s trailer! I was hope it’s Eagle. But… First character is Cthulhu. We were watching that trailer and it’s very epic! Then I wakeup and realize it’s dream… -_-

2 Likes

That does sound epic.

3 Likes

I wish you can see my dream ahout Cthulhu’s trailer. That trailer is too epic than I imagine!

2 Likes

I don’t dream much. Just daydream alot.

Wow, this thread! so many dreams. I’m impressed of their complexity while mines were just myself playing the thrid arcade is some remote place before they strangely dissapeared. Of course before the official announcement of new KI

Ok, I don’t know if this is KI related and I’m kind of worried of what you may think but eblieve me is PURE competitive/challenging thing :grin::

So I was in California (can’t remember what I was doing and I can’t remember which city since the only one I know is San Francisco) and I met a very well known KI player. He was with other friends as well, working on his stream and blah blah. I remember I was anxious to play against him because…I was going to play OFFLINE!! (yeap, I’m traumatized with lag). And then he told me we would call another pro player to play and I was like: YAAAYYY!!! Can’t believe I’m going to play sets with these two guys. But then he said he was going to get a coke or something and I waited for him there and the other pro player to come back and the moment they would arrive I woke up
:cry::confounded::cry:

Last night the same: Back in California but this time with my partner , lol. So we met this another pro player (the second one I was expecting to play offline in the dream above). And I was so anxious to play him!! I haven’t been this anxious to play someone since I was 15 years old going to the arcades. But the player would just talk about trivial things with my boyfriend about…can’t remember because I was eager to leave and play. So then the player said “Ok, let’s go to a place I meet with the guys and we’ll have those matches”. And the moment I was going to leave I remember I saw a cat plushy on the player’s house and I told myself “ok” and then I woke up without being able to play my so wanted offline matches :sob::sob:

So close!! I hope to get them next time, if there is one.

PS: I think the cat plushy is because I was watching cats in Animal Planet that same day. Makes sense.

4 Likes

Sounds like reality in a dream.

1 Like

The moment you learn that @MaruMDQ has a boyfriend…

:heart_eyes: > :broken_heart: > :dizzy_face:

Aren’t you an old man?