Killer Instinct Community Tier List v1, 1-27-17 KI 3.6

I guess you could light meaty + throw it. maybe some kind of os

Well, given the properties Infil just gave, can definitely safe jump the thing. Can’t counter/throw OS it though, because the explosion isn’t a physical hit and beats counter clean. It’s not too bad though - Hisako commits a lot more to a lot of her oki than most people think anyway, so this is just another example of this. If it’s throwable then she can definitely blow it up, she just has to commit a little.

Lol on the hitbox though - I think that’s about what Orchid’s grenade was originally :joy:

EDIT:

Curious how you’d propose OS’ing the influence. Just delaying the timing a bit so that it doesn’t come out if he reversals something else?

I tried developing an OS for Hisako just now, but couldn’t get it to work because special moves seem to always come out even on blocked jump-in, no matter how much you delay or don’t delay the special move input? It’s weird and doesn’t seem too viable.

It doesn’t seem to work this way for LP+LK throws, though. So I just found an OS with Jago (level 1 launcher ender, hold up forward, jump MK OS throw) which beats it and seems to trick reversal DPs into going the wrong way or getting stuffed. I didn’t test the DP thing too extensively though so maybe I just had bad inputs, but some setup that isn’t found in 90 seconds of training mode should allow OS regular throw just fine.

Anyway, don’t want to derail the thread too much longer since this is about the tier list.

Good point.

I do find it that it doesn’t showcase anything worse than a 4, in the ingur pic we have here. Those surveyed seems to continue the point that the game doesn’t have anything worse than that.

Heh. Yeah, I think the game probably does have at least two 7-3’s, but I erred a bit towards caution in calling matches I wasn’t super familiar with.

The game definitely has 7-3s. Probably fewer than most other games of this size and complexity, though.

I usually think people are a bit too generous in thinking something is not a 7-3. Like, Fulgore vs Aganos is 7-3 for sure. Aganos can win, but has to take crazy, mostly unsustainable risks and Fulgore can kinda just chill.

4 Likes

Yeah, at least for myself, I meant more that the characters with 7-3’s are ones I don’t play and who’s tools I haven’t analyzed in depth, so I didn’t submit scores for them.

Out of the characters I do run, I think the only one that has anything approaching a 7-3 is maybe Sadira/Gargos, but I haven’t personally played that one enough that I’d be willing to label it quite that bad. I feel like I’m always having to really work at it, but in general my (still pretty rusty) Sadira always seems to have decent options available. Just requires a high level of patience.

I’m looking into ways on how to optimize it more for the golem. Haven’t had time to just sit and look as of yet.

1 Like

I thought Kan Ra/RAAM and Gargos/RAAM would be at least 7-3 for sure.

Raam utterly destroys both those characters once he finally catches them.

1 Like

Raam worst MUs is Glacius IMO. Gargos is a 5.5-4.5 in Gargos favor(In my opinion). Once Raam lands a knockdown, Gargos has to flip coins and get lucky, otherwise he is wrecked

Glacius vs Raam, Fulgore vs Aganos, Gargos vs Sadira

IMO those MUs could be 7-3 easily.

3 Likes

kan ra is more than likely 7-3 but gargos suffers from lowered damage and no good wakeup. I’d say fulgore is a definite 7-3.

The list feels ultra conservative to me. Mira/shago having 5s across the board both kinda weird me out in particular. The games pretty well balanced but I feel like it’s no where near “everythings 5/5 its your breaking/blocking skill that matters” type of thjng

1 Like

Speaking from experience fulgore vs aganos was 7-3 in s2. Now it is a 6-4. albeit it’s still the most difficult fight for aganos but the improvements in his buttons/damage and him being one of the few that actually can shadow counter Fulgore without worry of pip cancels (with or without armor) and being able to ignore low laser and punish fulgore with a combo makes it better. Hardest thing to deal with is that Aganos actually has to react to teleports since he can’t just mash jabs to beat it. Plus fulgore having a 3 hitting do and his sweep being a target combo which bypasses his low crush. But if he gets fulgore locked down he’s in a good spot since he considerably outdamages him. I still say it’s his worse mu but none of his mus that were 7-3(fulgore,maya,riptor) are that bad now. Even though fulgore and riptor remain difficult and Maya only has a minor edge

1 Like

Glacius can honestly be dealt with much better now. In terms of harder mus aria is downright brutal. Kan ra is closely behind her.

You’re reading the chart wrong.

1 Like

How else do you interpret it then

He means it’s saying eyedol wins 6-4 in those matchup like you said. Right @SonicDolphin117

For each number you see on the chart, the number shows the advantage of the character on the left, so Eyedol beats RAAM and Kan-Ra 6-4.

The instructions for reading the chart are on the chart, to the right side.