Killer Instinct bugs

Had issues all month. Just fired it up and got 3 matches in a row! Also they loaded in under 5 seconds each! Everything is looking great online. However Shin Sako is blacked out. No biggie for me. Just very excited that ranks are back up and running. Thanks guys!

3 Likes

Issue is still happening to me. Had the game freeze before the match started so I got two more losses, but it also happened to two people and it gave me wins instead. There’s no way to avoid it sadly. Either I get lucky and the game freezes on him or it freezes on me.

Not sure if I need to post my location, timezone etc. But my NAT is open, so I know it’s not that.

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m still unable to get matches. I was online off and on from 6PM ET to about 10PM ET. Cancel/requeue constantly seems to help a bit. If I just let it search, it never finds a match.

1 Like

Still unable to find matches. :crying_cat_face:

1 Like

Steam version player reporting in. Still can’t find any matches in either exhibition or ranked.

1 Like

Restarting the search by going to main menu seems to help a little bit.

1 Like

Currently unable to play Shin Hisako, selecting takes me to the store, which informs the character is installed. Deleting and reinstalling has not worked. Rebooting the xbox also has not worked. Every other character is available. Double exp bonus is also unavailable though I have all my KIgold.

1 Like

Hello Everyone!! I come here to report some bugs, that ones has been happening in the last two months.
Shin Hisako is not available to use, I bought that character, and i can’t select her on character screen.
The shadow survival is not working either here (an error appears, which forces you to close and reopen the game, as there is no option to return to the dark laboratory directly).

I Can’t find any match on Ranked matcher, exhibition or looby.

Please dont let this game die!!! Fix these problens!! =D

1 Like
  • Daily loot not being unlocked again
  • season 3.5 characters all unlocked even though I uninstalled shinsako

What is installed:

• KI season 2 combo breaker pCk
  • KI season 3 ultra edition
  • KI ultra edition
  • shadow jago
  • shadow jago custom color 1
  • Ultimates master pack
2 Likes

I have that same problem. Despite being uninstalled, she keeps showing up. She IS a literal GHOST in the machine.

1 Like

103Mb update just greeted me after getting set to boot up KI. Related to this, possibly?

1 Like

Now ranked is worse than ever. Before I’d get matches every 5-10 searches, now even an hour in I got one game, which resulted in a disconnect glitch just pushing me under top32. Not that stars or leaderboards matter, but it’s a shame that this glitch caused the whole month of May to basically be potluck. Either you were in a good block of the search config, or in my case, I fought a very small pool of players a lot.

Last day of the month and ranked is busted. Let’s hope June has better results.

note: this was pre-patch. Will edit w/ patch results.

edit: So far patch has done nothing. Ranked still taking too long, I’ll have to try before work tonight to get a better sample size.

1 Like

Probably patch came out too late and most people left getting tired of waiting.

1 Like

The game is still crashing. It seems easier to get ranked matches, but something is still wrong.

1 Like

Post 103MB patch notes

Shin Hisako randomly becomes unavailable and two restarts of the game seems to fix it. Sadira is the rotating character and that notice on the title screen vanishes randomly too.

Ranked for me is hit or miss. It’s early evening here (5PM ET) so I’ll try during more “prime” hours and report back.

1 Like

@KRAKENJIMMY Hey James, I really havent had many issues but after todays Update my SHin Hisako was greyed out yet installed. I uninstalled Shinsako and reinstalled her. Srating up KI again now.

But I was abe to find an EX match fairly quick.

Shinsako is back…all is good!

Hi everyone. So we released the patch. Please make sure you have it, it’s version: 3.9.390110.1289287r

It’s important you quit KI and shut the box down. Start with a fresh boot, as there are also config files with this update.
If you see something wacky try closing ki and starting again to confirm. Shin Hisako for @FallofSeraphs76 is a great example- pretty sure that was old config stuff being cleared that caused that.

I do not have patch notes, but this build addresses:

• holiday banner should be gone
  • shin hisako/kilgore/eagle no longer missing (if you own them via KI DE, S3 Ultra, bought them directly. Steam owners as well that had Kilgore greyed out, he should be fixed based on user reports so far.
  • VIP 2XP should be working for all people with KI DE or S3 Ultra
  • Daily rewards no longer stuck
  • MP/Ranked working- should be able to see steam users again in exhibition/lobby’s, make 2+ person lobby’s, find matches.

Best way to test MP is over the next day. If possible try to coordinate with a person that had issues finding & one that did not- if you can find each other now, it confirms you are on the same server. Anyone that could not be invited in before to exhibition or lobby- please try now and let us know.

Again I have to stress the importance of rebooting ki & your box initially to make sure you really have the build & config files (I myself had to do this). Report on version: 3.9.390110.1289287r
Include xbox, win10 or steam (note win10 maynot auto update- check for one & may still be rolling out).
Also if you see issues with anything missing please check live status before reporting, if there is a service outage that will cause things to be wrong.

Last if you happen to have your time on xbox or PC set differently than actual time (where you are), or you are set to play in a different region (than you are at) AND you are having issues, please go back to defaults, reboot and try again. For example I have a friend that plays PC mmo stuff in Japan (from the US) and his win 10 was set different, that caused issues (on multiple games including ones on a different service) No judgement here on this, just providing new info to help on something that we normally would not think to ask. Definitively send me a DM if you actually find this helped you, every bit of info to prove/disprove what’s happening will help.

Thanks for all your extended support and patience, I will be watching the boards and personally testing with some of you on this build!

PS: If you get me (or my Steam GT) on a lobby or exhibition & I back out I apologize in advance (rapidly testing here), of course if the match starts I will stay in :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I using steam version and still not finding anyone in exhibition

1 Like

Just updated the game on Steam. Restarted my PC. Verified I had the build number specified. I still can’t find any exhibition matches.

1 Like

try lobby- I am hosting one & have people in from live & steam.

1 Like