Killer Instinct bugs

Stop being so dramatic. Have made a spread sheet of every game you every played on line and listed all its bugs every day, every year and able to compare? Or are you just being over dramatic becasue you cant play a video game? Its not that big of a deal.
they are working on it and if you think that’s not good enough…well…you know what to do.

1 Like

You would be dramatic too if you grew up with developers messing up on your favorite franchises for decades. EA with Ultima, MS and 343 with Halo, Epic with Unreal Tournament, Capcom with Street Fighter and the list could go on and on.

Steam launch of KI has caused server issues since last year. I expect them to own up to it, not just apologize and do temporary fixes.

1 Like

Look man, its computers and servers and all sorts of things can go wrong with all games. Its the nature of computers and humans reliance on electricity and computers needing to run perfect 100% of the time 24/7/ Its just not possible. They will fix it and life will move on. Relax.

2 Likes

I couldnt get amatch in Exhibiton today but Im non stop in Ranked. Already played 10 sets. No issues.
Longest wait was 2 mins.

1 Like

Ranked tonight was very buggy.

The famed, “disconnects as soon as a match is found” bug (see my previous posts) happened every single time a match was found; about 4 matches. Now in probation because it happened previously this week too. The probation message switches from “probation warning” to “you’re in probation” whenever ranked is accessed.

Matches that do actually connect take about 3-5 minutes minutes to find. After about 30 minutes, ranked seems to flat-line when searching…no matches are ever found after 30 minutes of playing/searching.

Shin Hisako is grayed out again. Reboots/restarts aren’t fixing her. No biggie as I do not use her much.

Tonight, I experienced that screeching noise and crash when searching ranked. It has happened in the past previous to this in all three seasons, so I think it’s just one of those random bugs that happen; not specifically related to this basket of issues.

1 Like

Anyone notice your recent players list will fill up with names you never had a match with? Like it tried to connect you during the looking for match screen but never indicated to you it did

2 Likes

Mine has been doing that forever!!! All the names will be ppl I havent played and the actually ppl I played wont be on there! Thats more of an Xbox issue I believe. Its like that on my other games too. Especially Dark Souls 2 and 3.

1 Like
  • Christmas promotion
  • Shadowlords daily missions do not reset
  • exhibition, ranked - “Searching for opponent” forever

I already reset the console, internet, xbox x, cache. What I have not done yet is reinstall the game

1 Like

@KRAKENJIMMY. This may somehow be related to shin hisako…again. A few people have reported that the game seems to work better when she’s silvered out. And someone actually deleted her and claimed he was finding matches better after that. May just be something to look into… Or just a random coincidence

2 Likes

So more evidence backing the theory that it might be related to shin. Zipstar doesn’t have her and he said he hasn’t had alot of issues

1 Like

For giggles, i tried deleting the Shin Hisako character from the list of characters available off my Xbox One console through the settings menu. It didn’t seem to help with finding matches, which has been my primary problem. However, when i loaded up training mode to just tinker around, Shin Hisako is still highlighted as an available character. So i exited the game and deleted another character (Thunder) and the same thing happened, still highlighted and available.

So i deleted the game and reinstalled it. Will update after it finishes.

1 Like

In the last 90 minutes, I found two ranked matches back to back after about 30-40 minutes of trying. After that, no matches found at all. Shin Hisako is no longer grayed out like she was last night.

1 Like

Oddly enough as soon as I deleted her i found 6 games back to back.

1 Like

Are you playing on console Letalis?

I’m not totally convinced the Shin Hisako thing doesn’t have credience, but it’s also odd how i tried to delete her but she just stuck in my game. I’d be really curious if that workaround worked for others, but it didn’t seem to work for my console. Still waiting on my download to complete enough to where exhibition and/or ranked are unlocked.

1 Like

Yes I am. And from what I gather xb1 seems to be having the most issues

1 Like

Yeah, I didn’t have any issues playing on Win10 before I left for Japan. I feel like it’s mostly been an X1-specific issue.

1 Like

So something odd. After deleting and reinstalling KI from my console, if i look under the settings, where i used to see every individual character, gold skin packs, terror packs, ultimates, etc there’s only just KI. And when i boot up KI, all of that content is available in the game. But i can’t go and delete an individual character now to test Letalis’ and Zip’s theory.

I’ll try later but the multiplayer issues still persisted from me trying to play games for about 10 minutes.

2 Likes

She popped back up to me as well. But she’s still in my ready to install list for ki and I’m.still finding games almost as well as I did before now and was finally able to connect with people. Idk if it’s just a really big coincidence or not.

1 Like

Quick update. Made some breakthroughs this week thanks to all the supportive information given on this (and other threads). We are going to be internally testing fixes next week and if cleared, we will be shooting for a release AFTER Combo Breaker (Memorial Day Weekend). I realize that is over a week out, I hope that everyone however will support being cautious by waiting to ensure CB and all the players attending do not have to be on a new build last minute.

Thanks for your continued patience and support.

5 Likes

Lately I noticed that if I do not search and un-search every 3-5 seconds I risk having the game do that awful noise, disconnecting me from a match who I don’t even know who I faced, and get a loss. It’s happened over 10 times which by now it’s more hoping I don’t encounter the bug than actually getting a game, lol.

Hopefully the patch upcoming fixes it. I’m going to delete Shin and see if it helps with anything, she’s also grey’d out for me anyways.

1 Like