Killer Instinct bugs

Do not feel this way. I and more friends, from various countries, are having the same problems.

1 Like

More news:

• Other items, such as daily counters of achievement, are normal. Christmas promotion is appearing again with more bugs.
  • In the store, icons I already have, such colors and accessories appear as ā€œnewā€ in the main account, and unavailable in the other accounts of the family group.
  • Shadow laboratory mode continues with problems in survival, and data from counter breakers, which appear as negative. Now with a novelty: when we select to challenge friendsā€™ shadows, the list does not appear on the first attempt, but on the second on.
    Image of one of the bugs in the Christmas accessories (My Xbox One- LizMk35BR gamertag)

I was able to find several matchups online today. I changed one config in my router. Instead of using port forwarding, I used port triggering to release the xbox ports. Iā€™m not sure itā€™s even related, but, curiously, after that I could finally play online.

2 Likes

Itā€™s just very random for me overall. It seems I can get games at random points then I get none. And if I turn it on a couple hours later I get a few again.

1 Like

Good evening @KRAKENJIMMY!
News:

• The ranking is working again here, but it has disconnections. It sometimes takes a few minutes to find opponents and always disconnects in the second match.
  • No have more Christmas pack in store.
  • The character Shin Hisako also appears as available in the main account (I have not tested the other accounts yet).
  • The lobby mode is inaccessible, even by invitation, when there are more than 2 players.
    Account test: LizMk35BR.

Ranking still not workingā€¦

Thatā€™s probably whatā€™s happening to me.

Tested Ranked again. I spent 30 minutes trying to find a match. Nothing happened. I hard booted my Xbox and then tested again, and after 5 minutes of searching KI froze and made this awful screeching sound before crashing completely.

Tonightā€™s results have been interesting to say the least:

• Found a ranked match in about 20 seconds. As soon as the transition animation from the search screen to the roster started, it disconnected.

• Spent about 7-10 minutes ā€œsearchingā€ for a match after that. Restarted game.

• Upon restart and searching ranked, found a match fairly fast. Shin Hisako was grayed out and the Double XP logo/animation was gone. Lost the match and searched raked for a few minutes.

• Restarted the game again. Shin Hisako/Double XP issue persisted. Played ranked, got matched quickly. Won the match easily and upon returning to the ladder screen, I got a probation warning for too many disconnects. (Wait, what?)

• Restarted game yet again after no matches found. Shin Hisako/Double XP issue resolved. Ranked is dead in the water after 10 minutes.

Seems like your game always screeches and crashes. Still no issues for me. I guess I have the magic touch :wink:

2 Likes

The screeching and crash only occurs during the ā€œsearching for an opponentā€ part. Generally the whole game will freeze and then this loud screeching noise will start. Seconds later the game closes and I have to restart.

Problems persist two weeks long. Guess there wont be any fix by now.

One of the devs said theyā€™re looking into it. I just hope it doesnā€™t take much too long.

Just seems like every time you have a"bug" ā€¦that is how you explain it. Every time.
Im curious if anyone else has the screech problem with THIS Set of BUGSā€¦ not other scenarios.

1 Like

I can confirm.

1 Like

This is getting really frustratingā€¦ Itā€™s been over a week now if not 2

Iā€™m experiencing the exact same problem here.

1 Like

Aye and stuff like this just keeps repeating over and over. I have never seen a game have this much issues with online except the master chief collection. This has got to stop. Ever since the Steam release of KI its been problem after problem with the servers. Just shut off its servers until you figure out something, no reason why the rest of us should suffer for the lowest populated group of KIā€™s community.

2 Likes

Just letting everyone here know we are still working on this and all your updates are helpful.

7 Likes

Just had an exhibition set against someone. Left after 2 fights, tried to find another opponent, stayed on the ā€œSearching for opponentā€ screen for a while before backing out and doing a few fights in Shadow Survival. Tried again, same story as before, no opponent found after letting it search for a while. Havenā€™t tried ranked, but Iā€™m on the Steam version, so thatā€™d be a ghost town no matter what time of day it is.

1 Like