Killer Instinct bugs

Same this has been going on for days without any response by MS or IG. If this keeps up much longer I think its safe to assume that the game has been abandoned and time to move on.

If its due to the population being so low IG or MS needs to come out and admit it so the players aren’t wasting their time.

ACTUALLY a dev has responded and in fact on Friday they tried to fix the problem but caused a glitch that made the game literally crash every time you got an online match.

Apparently whatever is going on is a serious glitch.

1 Like

do you not read???..James is on the case. Its not your typical issue.
Read above to @KRAKENJIMMY response above asking us questions to help solve the issue

Your wrong… pay attention to the thread before jumping to conclusions. And even so what other games put out a public press confrence when there is a bug or issue? hardly none. Chill man

1 Like

What platform?
X1S

what version of the game and on disk or digital?
DE Digital

is the box/pc your using in the preview program?
No

What is the OS version on your x1 or win10? (need name, OS description (it’s like rs4…1805…etc). If win10 need win10 OS version?
IDK at the moment but i will update this info soon.

How many of the bug symptoms do you have for the following:
A) Missing/unselectable DLC characters- possibly Shin Hisako, Kilgore or Eagle greyed out. Selecting takes to store but shows you own them and they are installed. Reinstalling character (even full game) does not fix this. CPU can use them.
I can’t pick Kilgore

B) VIP Double XP is missing (requires ownership of KI DE or KI S3 Ultra).
Yes

C) Holiday Accessory Banner is displayed in the KI Store menu.
Yes

D) Daily Rewards are stuck- the timer is not counting down and does not progress on either daily rewards or shadow lords daily rewards.
Yes

E) Finding matches in MP (ranked, exhibition) is now rare, takes long time even when setting specific filters.
Yes

F) If another user that owns KI (or it’s your homebox) logs in, do they see the same bugs?
Yes

F) If you can try this on another box or PC (not part of preview is preferred), do you see the same bugs?
IDK

G) If possible, how long has this been going on AND does it ever go away then come back? For example Infil has mentioned that on Win10, Shin Hisako has been turning on/off/on since she went off free rotation…

When te free rotation for Cinder was available i’ve no problem at all for one day, and then all get stuck again.

Thanks for providing more information everyone. We realize how disappointing and frustrating this is and I want to assure everyone that we are actively trying to figure out why this is happening. As you can see from this thread (and others) the symptoms are very different and not even consistent- sometimes going away then back.

Regarding online matching- we checked to make sure this was not just a lack of players in exhibition or ranked (win10/Xbox), that is not the case as there is still a large population of users playing online! This bug is stopping a portion of us from being able to find matches, while others are unaffected.

Please continue to bear with us as we hunt these multiple issues down. I am personally reaching out to some of you to help test MP connections when fixes are introduced, in the meantime please keep reporting any new info (supporting the issues I listed above).

-James

12 Likes

No, thank you for working diligently on these issues and keeping the community in the loop. It is more appreciated than you know.

9 Likes

1 Like

Thanks so much James. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

1 Like

My xbox updated today to a new OS version so wanted to update my ‘log’ as it were

Platform: Xbox One
Version: Digital Ultra Edition
In preview program: Yes, Delta build
OS Version 10.0.17134.3036 (rs4_release_xbox_dev_1805.180510-1632)
A) Missing/unselectable DLC characters - before, yes, Shin Hisako would be greyed out. As of right now, she is selectable.
B)VIP Double XP is missing - No, it is there for me.
C) Holiday accessories banner - It was displayed on last report, it is not now.
D) Daily Rewards are stuck - I honestly do not pay attention to this so i do not know if it’s frozen or not.
E) Multiplayer - Similar issues as before, long wait time for multiplayer to connect, if at all, and issues with connecting to other players for exhibition.
F) Don’t own another Xbox to test this on.
G) Happening since around the week before last.

1 Like

In reply to my previous comment

• double xp was back & is now gone
  • daily loot is updated but the timer in the daily loot box is frozen (box being what pops up on screen relating to the loot)
  • daily loot timer is functioning in the main menu (top right corner)
  • ability to find games is still extremely difficult
2 Likes

Update:

• Unable to sync to servers to get DLC. All characters show up minus Season 3.5 this morning
  • able to sync to servers now (2:18pm cst)
  • Was able to get 1 exhibition match with someone. Unable to get a few others to join after playing the 1 person.
  • Found 1 person in ranked.
1 Like

I am seeing the DLC sync issue too- this appears to be a live service thing reported in network status. Thanks for flagging, expect that to resolve at some point and then back to being able to track these issues…

1 Like

Platform: PC
Version: 3.9.390100.1.289266.r
I’m not part of the preview program.
Win10 version 1709

The only issue I’m experiencing of the ones listed are difficulties finding matches. Every time I start KI, I’m able to find a few matches, but after a certain point (usually a handful of ranked sets), it’ll fail to find any more matches. I have to close out of the game and reopen it. It’s only been happening for the past week or so. I’d try it on my XB1, but I don’t have XBL.

In the last couple days, another annoying bug has cropped up. I have a multi-monitor setup, and if I focus a window on my other monitor for too long, KI will minimize itself. It’s been doing that since release, and that’s been frustrating enough. What’s been happening in the last few days is that if it minimizes itself during a match, it will also drop the connection. So I’m getting hit with losses that aren’t even my fault. If this is out of the scope of this thread, I’ll go post it in the general bug thread.

EDIT: Well hey, wouldn’t ya know it, logging in today it appears Shin Hisako’s been grayed out for me.

1 Like

Still no issues here… I got a EX match in 4 seconds.
But 2nd search is taking over aminute

I just played fro an hour straight…2 set of 15 -20 matches…4 seconds on the first search and 1 minute on the 2nd. I just never seem to have these onoine issues.

Today, I spent more than 5 minutes searching for a matchup and just gave up. Thought there was something to do with Xbox live. Than I found out about the new bug. I hope they get it fixed soon.

2 Likes

Not sure if this helps the matchmaking issue. I started up KI at around 8:55 PM ET. Found a ranked match within 20-30 seconds. Played to completion. Re-entered ranked search queue and no matches for 2-3 minutes.

OvisCantus2h said he was on Windows and had to close KI and reopen to find more matches. I’m on XBOX ONE so I did the same to test.

At around 9PM ET after the game launched back up, I found a ranked match quickly. Close KI again, relaunched. Found a match, but then nothing after the match. Did this close/reopen KI/search Ranked method for about 20 minutes. Seemed to get that one match after each restart before falling into the search void.

If I simply back out of the queue and re-search, I never get a match.

Just posting it here:
On windows 10, i could have purchased Kilgore, but i couldn’t unlock Eagle or Shin Hisako since i allready “Own them” even if they are greyed out of the rooster for me.

1 Like

Good Morning!
I know you are trying to solve the problem, and I am grateful for the help!
I am Insider too…
But have problems:
*My KI was finding fights after three attempts, and takes 3 to 5 minutes each. However, since yesterday, the game is crashing and closing every time it encounters opponents. I was again on notice after the game caught, and is counting as loss of the fight in my records. *On display I’m still having trouble with dropping connection from the opponent, and in lobbys with more than 3 people I just can not play.
*The character Shin Hisako became unavailable again, and in the other accounts of the Family group (I have 4 accounts added), the characters Eagle, Kilgore and Shin Hisako do not appear in the game, but are installed in it.
I know it is laborious to find a solution to so many problems, but we have faith that they will solve themselves, and we are here to help.
Thanks for everything!

Day one Xbox One.
Digital dl.
3.9.390100.1.289266.r
Preview progam member.
Unable to get any ranked matches this month.
Still have double xp and all 3.5 characters tho.

1 Like