Killer Instinct bugs

1. Xbox
  2. KI Digital Edition Season 1,2,3 Ultra edition
  3. OS: 10.0.17133.2020 (rs4_release_xbox_dev_1804.180418-1415)

Can’t find any multiplayer match at all.

1 Like

OG Day 1 Xbox. Digital KI since release with S1 ultra editiom, S2 CB edition, S3 ultra edition

• KI Version 3.9.3901001.1289266.r
  • Not in preview program
  • OS Version 10.0.17133.2020
  • VIP Double XP missing (would be nice to not have to see that 24/7 anyway)
  • Store says premium and holiday accessories are new even though I’ve owned & used them
  • daily rewards are stuck & timer is frozen
  • finding matches is impossible

This all must have happened within the past week as my last matches were on 5/5/18

1 Like

What platform?: Xbox
what version of the game and on disk or digital?: KI. All ultras. Version 3.9.3901001.1289266.r
is the box/pc your using in the preview program? No
What is the OS version on your x1 or win10? 10.0.17133.2020

How many of the bug symptoms do you have for the following:

Just can’t multiplayer matches I think is the only one that effects me.

Since may 5th.

2 Likes

This is from Ravi Angard. He has had issues logging into forums so I’m posting this for him
What platform?

Xbox

what version of the game and on disk or digital?

Digital

is the box/pc your using in the preview program?

??

What is the OS version on your x1 or win10? (need name, OS description (it’s like rs4…1805…etc). If win10 need win10 OS version?

I am seeing mostly a matchmaking bug

i am using: 3.9.390100.1289266R

A) Missing/unselectable DLC characters- possibly Shin Hisako, Kilgore or Eagle greyed out. Selecting takes to store but shows you own them and they are installed. Reinstalling character (even full game) does not fix this. CPU can use them.

no missing characters.

B) VIP Double XP is missing (requires ownership of KI DE or KI S3 Ultra).

works fine - double xp as normal

C) Holiday Accessory Banner is displayed in the KI Store menu.

All accessories there / nothing missing

D) Daily Rewards are stuck- the timer is not counting down and does not progress on either daily rewards or shadow lords daily rewards.

i haven’t checked

E) Finding matches in MP (ranked, exhibition) is now rare, takes long time even when setting specific filters.

no changes to filters

unable to find games randomly in ranked
unable to join most/all friends in exhibition
unable to find lobbies (that i have seen other people join when they try)

F) If another user that owns KI (or it’s your homebox) logs in, do they see the same bugs?

sometimes - i don’t know the variable though as to why / why not

F) If you can try this on another box or PC (not part of preview is preferred), do you see the same bugs?

i have not - personally

G) If possible, how long has this been going on AND does it ever go away then come back? For example Infil has mentioned that on Win10, Shin Hisako has been turning on/off/on since she went off free rotation…

for about a week now w/ matchmaking issues

1 Like

@KRAKENJIMMY
What platform?
XB1

what version of the game and on disk or digital?
KI DE Disc.

is the box/pc your using in the preview program?
Yes it is.

What is the OS version on your x1 or win10? (need name, OS description (it’s like rs4…1805…etc). If win10 need win10 OS version?
RS4_Releae_Xbox_Dev_1804.180418-1415

A) Missing/unselectable DLC characters- possibly Shin Hisako, Kilgore or Eagle greyed out. Selecting takes to store but shows you own them and they are installed. Reinstalling character (even full game) does not fix this. CPU can use them.
Shago was not loading all the way today, Its a common issues occasionaly that normally fixes when restarting game.

B) VIP Double XP is missing (requires ownership of KI DE or KI S3 Ultra).
Nope nothing missing

C) Holiday Accessory Banner is displayed in the KI Store menu.
Its not there.

D) Daily Rewards are stuck- the timer is not counting down and does not progress on either daily rewards or shadow lords daily rewards.
Nope all good there.

E) Finding matches in MP (ranked, exhibition) is now rare, takes long time even when setting specific filters.
No issues. got 8 ranked matched within 30 mins. No lag. 1 min max wait time.
No issues inviteing people or searching on exhibition. minimal wait time.

F) If another user that owns KI (or it’s your homebox) logs in, do they see the same bugs?
Only me

F) If you can try this on another box or PC (not part of preview is preferred), do you see the same bugs?
Will be testing my PC tonight

G) If possible, how long has this been going on AND does it ever go away then come back? For example
I have been good.

Thanks James for all your hard work

1 Like

@K3nz0p3d4 Follow the instructions up above and keep it in this thread.

2 Likes

New bug to report…

Xbox One X (non-beta tester)
Full KI game…

I am now able to find matches, however after completing a match and searching for a new match in Ranked, as soon as I find another player KI makes a loud screeching sound and freezes. After about 30 seconds the game completely crashes.

Has happened 4 times now.

3 Likes

Hey- thanks for this quick update, we tried a fix between about 3 & 450pm PST that caused this. Exhibition and lobby search would crash as well. Thanks to @PCKPharrohYami for helping test this with me!

THIS has been rolled back and as of 510pm PST I verified lobby/exhibition search is fine- this ranked crash should be gone.

This was a very specific test sorry for the interruption.

It would be great if everyone who could not find ranked or host more than 2 person lobbies gave it a try now and let us know if things are fixed or still the same.

3 Likes
  • Extremely slow at finding ranked matches
  • Several players could not join my exhibition match invite

As of 12:22 AM CST

No fix on my end…?

Sorry to be such a bother.

1 Like

Tested it on my end. I’ve gone back to not finding matches in Ranked and Lobbies.

1 Like

Help, im having the same issues.
Xmas acsessories on the store, shin hisako not available and no 2x xp.
On wednesday the issue had back to normal, but on thrusday all the issues were back. I cant play it like this, pls fix! Oh, and im not a preview member.

1 Like

I have a digital download on Xbox One. Version 90100.1.289266.r. I have only been able to get 3 matches online since May 5th. Matchmaking is completely unusable as I have tried daily to play.

1 Like

I’ve found that if I close KI and restart it, I will get 1 Ranked match or 1 Exhibition match, but once that match is finished, I won’t find anybody else online. It just searching into infinity.

All ports Open on my Xbox One X and all other games working online.

2 Likes

No issues for me… it did take longer than usual to find a match, but thats prob due to the other side not as many peopel playing or able to find matches. BUt i was able to play for an hour , multiple matches and connections.

1 Like

Still no matches for me…

I feel so useless.

1 Like

If you look at the Ranked points, it’s apparent most of us are having issues.

On an odd note I played Shadow Survival yesterday and played against a Sadira who did nothing literally nothing but taunt after I started to beat them. :confused:

Well good bye KI time to move on now.

1 Like

Ranked and Exhibition is still non-existent. If I back out of search and try again a few times, sometimes I get a match. It’s quite rare.

1 Like

Same thing for me