Killer Instinct bugs

I don’t know if its related to the other bugs people’re having now, but is anyone getting the message “Multiplayer Service Log In Error Unable to log in to multiplayer service. Please try again.” when they try to connect to any multiplayer mode?

Are you on XB1/Windows store version? I’ve not seen that on Steam, but I did have the game lock up on me once earlier.

I have both versions actually. Windows store version crashes when I try to search any matches, so I bought the steam version… just to have the error I mentioned occur

Yeah you know a lot about professionalism as you have shown in your post. SMDH

I’m playing on steam right now in exhibition!

Are there any plan’s to deal with Rash being +9 and Wulf being -7 after performing a combo breaker?Frame advantage for all characters after a combo breaker

Sadly probably not. Rash is glitched in other ways as well. @Infilament knows more about this than me. All I know is at the moment it is almost always Rash’s turn no matter what happens, unless you perform a hard knockdown, and even then if he has meter, you still can’t safely approach him. :frowning:

Good afternoon!
New problems …

• The ranking is looking for opponents and can not find players. This happens on all accounts on my Xbox One. And I have a Killer status threatened with “demotion” for not receiving fights.
  • Shin Hisako and Cross-network are not working.
  • Some online fights (including in Shadow Lords mode) have little delay during fights, something that has never happened before.
  • The special skins (golden skins, Terror and Skin of the 10 color I have of Fulgore) are no longer working in the household group accounts, only in the main account.
    One detail caught my attention, incidentally, two: The Shadow Survival is working on other accounts of the family group, added to my main gamertag (LizMk35BR). The same mode on the main account has an error, which often prevents the way it works even in the first fight, but on other accounts the shadow survival works well and with few errors. When they appear, I expect my character to appear on the screen next to the opposing character, and I put the “no” option on the error screen, and the shadow of the opponent loads, continuing the game.
    Another detail is the Shadow Counter data in the shadow data: they now appear as positive (green) data and save the data as shadow enhancements. But the Counter Breakers data still appears as errors (in red) when saving shadow data.
    As for the bugs, I understand that many may be bothered by the delay in solving the problem. But we have to trust the creators of the game.
    The problems are not the same for all platforms, if so, would be easier to fix. And that must be taking their sleep off: a friend of mine, for example, has Kilgore unavailable and Shin Hisako appears for use. Other friends report different problems in the game. This helps to complicate their work, because for one group of players a problem appears and in another group they have different problems.
    I know they are working on it, and I am confident that they are looking for a way to solve all these problems, but this takes some time.
    I will be communicating the improvements (or worsening) in the game whenever possible, and am waiting for a patch to fix the problems as soon as possible. :slight_smile:
2 Likes

Any news about the patch that should come out today?

BTW, ■■■■ Rash.

Patch tomorrow should fix this. Then we can go back to tournaments and fun lobbies!

3 Likes

Different thread discussion. Short answer is yes, post CEO and after this current situation is fixed (missing shin H, mp cross-network missing, etc).

3 Likes

Quick update. It is my understanding the new build will release Tuesday 6/26/18 after 10am PST. @snickerdoodle will let everyone know when the build is live and have more info.
I am traveling for business so my responses are going to be delayed, but will be checking this thread and playing the win10 version of the released build at night.

Thanks to all of you that have been helping and/or just patiently supporting the effort!

16 Likes

Wow, I’m actually pretty surprised at that. Pretty much figured the game was the game at this point. Nice to know at least a few QoL changes are in the works.

4 Likes

Awesome Thanks for the head work

Thanks for the news!

1 Like

Que bom fico feliz que agora vou poder jogar o killer sem nenhum bug.

LOL get out of here with that nonsense. Throwing threats around like going to “major video game media websites”. Hard earned money? Isn’t this game on sale on PC? The game is basically the price of a fast food meal. In fact, the game is absolutely free, with a free rotating fighter. This is one of the few games that you’re free to try before you buy.

There was workarounds for this prior to the workaround being futile which started about 1-2 weeks ago. If you read the thread, the issue is not something that was easily fixable because different people encountered different issues. Waiting for this to be fixed sucked, yes, but acting this way is just immature and shouldn’t be representation of the community towards media outlets at all.

On topic: I’ll test the patch today if it’s released and edit this post with results. I’m on EST, so perhaps in the next few hours I’ll be able to test it.

3 Likes

Alright folks. Buckle up - patch is live! Look for 390120 in your version number to know if you have the patch installed or not.

Couple things to cover here. Remember this is a complex issue that occurred randomly which made testing and nailing things down super squirrely for us.

So if you’ve updated your game, things you want to test/look for:

1. Is the Weekly Free Rotating Character message appearing?
  2. Is Daily Rewards working? You can tell by:
    a. If you have not played for over a day, should be 0/4 when you open it with no tasks completed.
    b. If it says more (1/4, 4/4) look at what tasks have been completed. If 1 (play a match) confirm you really have not played in over 26 hours to be safe. If all tasks are completed and you did not do any of them, it’s bugged.
    c. What day is your reward on? If day 100 and you are showing all tasks complete (on item b above) it’s fully bugged.
  3. Is your Double XP VIP bonus missing? If you have season 3 ultra or KI DE you should see the 2x XP Icon flashing when selecting characters. If it is not there, it’s bugged.
  4. Is Shin Hisako Greyed out when you try to select her (character select screen in any mode)? If yes, when you select her, does it take you to the store, which then shows he is installed and you own her? This is the bug, there is no way to reinstall or force her to work.
  5. In Multiplayer Exhibition or Lobby Modes (NOT RANKED), can you see the “Allow Cross-Network” option? If you only see Allow Cross Play, this is the bug.

Please please keep us updated either way as we work through this. Your patience is greatly appreciated. :heart:

14 Likes

Playing on steam version. Even after the update, I’m still having the “Multiplayer Service log In Error. Unable to log in to multiplayer service. Please try again.” message. I got my daily reward for today. I can select Shin Hisako without any problem. I can see both “Allow Console Crossplay” and “Allow Cross-Network” as options in Exhibition.