Killer Instinct 4

Doesn’t she look skinny in her current form?

I mean, just add some muscle and cybernetic implants to zeymar’s version and it should look good.

Not at all I mean yeah sure she doesn’t look super muscly but she doesn’t look like she’s starving to death as opposed to Zeymar’s version.

You can break combos, so combo length isn’t a problem for me. I can get multiple hits out of a combo with enough meter easily. I’ve hit beyond 20 since season1.

There is no point in limiting the number of hits a combo can include - the KV meter already does the job of preventing a combo from going on forever.

All you would do by limiting a combo to a specific number of hits (instead of taking the strength of the hits into account like the KV meter does) is cut down the amount of fancy combos in a game whose combat system’s special characteristic is built around combos, breakers, and two way interaction.

I don’t understand what it is that you want.

4 Likes

And what wrong with them going past twenty hits? Your only complain was that you don’t like watching your character get beat up for so long but again, combo breakers. Give one legitimate reason why long combos are bad?
Also the number of hits doesn’t always mean more damage. Cinder could just hit you with two shadow infernos and get a ton of hits but it’ll do nowhere near the damage of a shorter combo from say tusk or mira.

I picked zeymar’s version because it looks like it can potentially be scary horror-ish. Looking at that riptor gives me this menacing vibe like “this thing will kill you”. Current riptor? I don’t man, she just looks a little goofy and out of character.

To me; Modern Riptor can look fierce and scary if they adjusted her teeth but then again I’ve always loved reptiles and dinos so it’s hard to scare me anyway.

That Riptor just looks like a dying animal. Not scary to me.

You don’t think corpses are scary?

A human corpse ca look scary if it’s moving but we’re talking about a wild viscous animal which Zeymar’s illustration does not present to me. Just a dying animal that will be no threat. It only evokes empathy, not fear.

I’d much rather the devs follow a bit more and mix the modern and classic Riptor. Although I would like it if the tail didn’t segment when she whipped her tail.

Either way I think the devs will do what they want to with the next designs anyway. I’d assume if not expect some of the characters to look a little different yet consistant with what’s current.

1 Like

There’s not much of that one someone hits you with 2, 3 or 4 staggers or flip outs consecutively.

Depending on what they’re hitting you with, you can break them if they use the Staggers as manuals and while flipouts are possible you can still do stuff while flipped. I did a flip out a few times as Riptor to see if they’ll try anything I would go into shadow tail flip and they punch me out. So a flipout can be risky for the attacker if they don’t do it right.

1 Like

Blocking, correctly combo breaking, or using a reversal special fixes every single one of these situations.

Players need to adapt to the game mechanics, the game shouldn’t be limited because of the players.

2 Likes

I just break combos been doing ti sense season, always worked for me :smiley:

In my opinion, this riptor is still the best one:

Although something like this would be cool as a new design:

The second image is one that my brother did and I will agree that was a pretty cool design : > I wouldn’t mind if the devs did that for the classic look but they do need to make sure the classics look better this time. And also MORE THAN SIX COLORS for the classics to.

However I do feel like we’re still kinda looking a little far ahead. I’d be happy just waiting half a year or two before they start.

1 Like

correct me if im wrong but isnt EVERY stagger/flipout hit breakable? and usually like 1 specific type for ex. lights

Unless they’re oppners but even then you can break what comes right after.

That’s all breakable so yes, still two way interaction.

No doubt, but not so much when they get you with stagger after stagger.

You can break the stagger right after because that counts as a manual. Just need to know what button they’re pressing.

You might wanna ask some folks about specefic staggers you’re having issues with. Maybe people can help you.

Flip outs are not too bad. I like them more when a combo is broken, it kind of gives plenty of breathing room for both players.