Killer Instinct 3 (Coming Soon)

The fighting game with better online netcode needs a network rewrite?

2 Likes

Here me out lads , what if this is killer instinct season 3 , part 3

1 Like

Iv been unable to network play for weeks.
toredo error never goes away, ive tried EVERYTHING
constant crashā€™s.

Am i the only one? I dont think so.

Because you use Windows 97

lol, prb works better on xbox.

No ā– ā– ā– ā– 

yes ____

If you have a broken controller and you fail your inputs, itā€™s due the game design, or your controller fault?

If your PC/xbox config isnā€™t suited for online gaming, then is not fault of the game. Teredo address problems is not KIā€™s fault

MS owns the OS and game.
every registry/service is reported
ā– ā– ā–  working, yet no connection.

running windows firewall, ports
forwarded toredo adapter by Microsoft.

Funny when there is a complaint, there
always seems to be somebody to the
rescue, IG and MS are untouchable.

Ive done clean installs, just to test
nothing but clean install and KI, and
this still happens.

Might be your burger king connection mang

1 Like

Are you just repeating what sombody else said or can you explain in detail what makes it so good?

the toredo address isnt involved with the KI netcode. thats the xbox live app on your shitbox PC acting up. i had that very same issue myself, and if i could remember wtf i did, i would tell you on how to get by it. some guy had a fix that he posted on youtubeā€¦but that didnt work for me either.

Iā€™ve personally never had an issue with the netcode for this game. Iā€™ll be the first to admit that I donā€™t know the intricacies of why rollback netcode works so well beyond what itā€™s designed to do, but in three years, Iā€™ve never had issues when playing anyone online.

Granted, I tend not to play online, but back when I did during season one, it worked remarkably well. If thatā€™s changed at all since then and the netcodeā€™s gone downhill, well, thatā€™s news to me. I believe that other games, such as Mortal Kombat X, when they fixed their netcode, overhauled it in favor of using rollback netcode and by all accounts it was a dramatic improvement.

Regardless, Iā€™m not overly sure how that became the topic when this thread appears to have been debunked by Rukari in no uncertain terms.

I know theyā€™ve kinda done the long con on us before (Eyedol), but when someone in the know says ā€œthis was an oversight on some random personā€™s behalfā€ and believes it was ā€œa reference to Season 3ā€ then maybe we can just drop it?

If he comes back after a big KI E3 reveal and says ā€œHa! I got you guys! That survey was a leak and I convinced you it wasnā€™t!ā€ then Iā€™ll gladly eat crow. But until then, maybe we should just take him at his word?

1 Like

Never that. And if you recall the long con of Eyedol was ā€œKen Lobb hates him. Doesnā€™t want him in KI. TOO busted, OP, etc.ā€ Never was definitively ā€œno.ā€

Major difference in wording. Thereā€™s playing coy, and thereā€™s my response here. Now what does that mean for any and all possible future announcements? Stay tuned, of course. Not saying there are any. Not saying there arenā€™t (see the difference lol). Just saying in this one particular case, no.

2 Likes

I know the toredo tunneling adapter is by MS, im not sure why this is happening,
all I know is EVERYTHING else works fine. My 3d card was working ether, but
I narrowed that down to thermals, now fixed, but cant play online?

KI is the ONLY game that crashes, I could name other fighting games,
that I have been playing for years that have not crashed once, and without
this ā€œbetter Net-codeā€ yet work flawless.

Mabey its my setup?

MSI:
CPU Brand Name: Intel(R) Coreā„¢ i7-4810MQ CPU @ 3.60GHz
Total Memory Size: 32 GBytes

Video Chipset: AMD Radeon HD 7950M/8970M
Video Memory: 2048 MBytes of GDDR5 SDRAM
GPU Processor Clock: 950.0 MHz
Memory Bus Width: 256-bit
Number Of Unified Shaders: 1280
Driver Version: 21.19.519.2 (Crimson ReLive Edition 17.2.1)

Network Card: Bigfoot Killer Wireless-N 1202 Network Adapter
Drive Model: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB X2 Raid 0.

Do I need a better laptop?

Hmm. Try turning off your firewall and see if that works. I think I remember something long ago that I saw that it was the firewall causing problems.

tried shutting it off, and nothing.

IP Helper service was not starting, [Fixed ]tracked it down to
a dependence and still nothing.

This is driving me nuts because i tried everything xbox
docs said, and when doing Registry queries, everything
show ok, but its not. Server\toredo errors for life.

anyway dont want to get off-topic.

toredo =/= ki netcode /sigh. toredo is the MS app. youā€™re not able to play any game so long as the toredo is not working. check your firewalls if any, check your router settings, and whatever is on your laptop.

KI crashing out, could be a variety of reasons. if your laptop is overclocked, try bringing it back to bone stock specs out of the box. then try KI again. if your GPU was overheating, thats another issue entirely. i do avoid gaming laptops always, because i think theyre trash. theyā€™re a big ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  hassle to fix and are nowhere near as accessible as a solid desktop machine when it comes to hardware replacement. bleh

1 Like

LOL it was not overheating, but stuck at 300 mhz!
Get this after installing Sabayon Linux to partition
and checking back into windows a couple of days
later its no longer throttling? Very weird, because
there was no update.

At least I can play KI maxed out now :smile:

then what was that ā– ā– ā– ā–  about thermals? i know you fixed it. just sayin that ā– ā– ā– ā–  is another story. but is your junker overclocked at all?