Killer Clown Concept

Doesn’t Mira already have a jester outfit? Kinda Harley Quinn-esque? I think the killer clown thing is kinda already covered.

…not that I wouldn’t mind something akin to what you’re talking about. But how about instead of a clown, maybe a circus performer…think kinda a cross between the Joker’s psychotic insanity and Vega from SF’s style/poise.

Well…Retro Gargos has evil clown accessories…

1 Like

Retro Gargos has you covered.

5 Likes

That was a nice gesture by the Iron Galaxy crew! A god of Killer Clowns :heart_eyes:

I’ll still hold out hope for a true pop culture Killer Clown KI Fighter. There is a new Killer clown movie coming out for IG’s consideration for a future character:

2 Likes

Just want to say that Killer Clown is the top favorite over at Killer Instinct Central’s poll.

Please vote to let our voices be heard.

Or else…

1 Like

I want this to happen so bad, I don’t think anything could make me happier

1 Like

Pure genius. I never would have thought a psycho killer clown but thank you so much, we’ve already got a bunch of monsters in the game but I think this will up the ante massively. Its just to perfect not to include in KI.

1 Like

I don’t mean to put down your idea or anything but I think I now understand exactly why I feel so…unimpressed when I think of a clown in KI.
Many people here have commented that a clown certainly have that killer vibe KI has but when I think about it I think the cast we have already have set the bar too high for a clown to fit in.

When I think about why people are scared of clowns(and alternatively what makes clowns scary to me) I realize that Clowns are only as scary as they are dangerous.

To normal people serial killers are already dangerous enough. Crazy, unpredictable and with full knowledge/experience of how to kill with a knife/whatever their weapon is. Add on some clown makeup and stuff, a creepy smile as they pervert the very symbol a clown should stand for and VIOLA killer clown.

My problem is that compared to the rest of the cast a ssrial killer is as dangerous as a puppy. Fire breathing dinosaur with plasma claws, Robot with a hype beam, a freaking grudge girl with a naginata an immortal warrior with a 5ft long sword that catches on fire and in comparison a serial killer clown… Our most human normal fighter is a boxer that can punch and destroy robots with his bare hands And has healing powers that are pretty darn effective. a simple serial killer clown is literal child’s play to kill for the entire cast.

In order to make this clown scary not just to us but the rest of the roster he would have to be some sort of demon, a supernatural person or a lovecraftian entity maybe another ghost? Funny enough gargos, our demon has clown accessories, Mira our supernatural vampire has a jester accessory and real talk instead of creating a lovecraftian that for some reason looks like a clown I would still rather have it as an accessory. Our eldrich abomination from the Xth dimension seeking to transform all matter in our universe into strange quarks shouldn’t be dressed up in clown makeup. A funny accessory sure but not as its default.

1 Like

I have and idea for this. It came from my personal love of Five Nights at Freddy’s. Ultratech also creates entertainment as well as weapons, so I thought, what if they had created robots for use in restaurants, but the technician who made them was lazy and used data from the then fledgling Fulgore project to create the movement patterns. The lead robot and star of the restaurant was named Ditso the Clown (The engineer was also a chauvinistic pig), and one day the robot went rogue and killed a small child, Lacy Caddick, who happened to resemble a known advocate against Ultratech. After the incident, Ditso was decommissioned and locked in a warehouse. Unbeknownst to anyone however, Lacy’s spirit was inhabiting the robot. Driven crazy by isolation, and an inability to say anything other than thinly veiled innuendoes, Ditso enhanced herself with components from other scrapped weapons in the warehouse and broke out to seek her revenge.

Gameplay

Essentially Alisa from Tekken gone wrong, Ditso has a chainsaw on one hand and a flamethrower on the other. Her head is on fire and she has machine guns in her breast plates (isolation and innuendoes will do that to you). She has a scream attack which causes a stagger, and has a jumping slash attack which covers a lot of distance. The downside being a general slow walking speed.

This straying from the basic concept of a clown with a knife ala Needles Kane, I think, fits KI very well and would be a much more intimidating presence on the roster.

Nice Concept! Killer Clown Robot possessed by a ghost! I like where you’re going with this. I have my own ideas as well and would like to elaborate in a separate post.

My idea for a backstory:

He gained notoriety in the Killer Instinct Tournament when he eviscerated an Ultratech employee before a match could begin and was subsequently banned being deemed too uncontrollable. A sa.dist at heart, he could not keep his killer instinct at bay and began a stage show in which he would murder people live on stage for entertainment for a secret society. After Gargos’s invasion begins, his demons begin permeating through every facet of society and even his secret murder show.

After a mass murder spree in which he brutally kills over 100 people in one night with his bare hands, he finally gets the attention of Gargos, The killer makes a pact with him for more abilities to kill in his name and the Killer Clown is born. For his last show, he murders the entire audience with his new abilities and then begins his quest to murder and hunt down Gargos’ enemies as a display of affection for his idol.

His abilities:

Feels no pain, in fact he laughs when he is injured.
Insanity ability - Makes opponent attack his/herself
Weapons: Poison Gas/laughing gas, electric shocks, flame thrower or bomb ability, Giant meat cleaver, hammer, or axe.
Other abilities: Contortionist and hyper-flexibility.

Our favorite demonic clown is back. I think 90% of people’s fears of clowns comes from this Stephen King classic. How could they incorporate something like this into a fighting game character? A demon that lives off the fears of others. I like the concept. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The giant spider in Sadira’s stage was Pennywise all along XD

2 Likes

we got a vampire,mummy,werewolf,skeleton, and a ghost. I think there needs to be a slasher (like Jason or myers).

1 Like

I know he’s a guest, but I feel like Raam kinda fills that role already, what with his grab’n’stab style and the slow unstoppable kryll rush & such.

Ture but we don’t have a character with a chainsaw , it doesn’t mean it only haves a knife. (looking at you skorge) and besides we need more horror tropes.

1 Like

Chainsaws are leaning into the sense of gore. KI isn’t really about that. MK is, and they have Leatherface.

A slasher character kinda works around RAAM and Arbiter, and a little bit of Hisako/Shin Hisako. I maybe wrong, but I just don’t think a character with a chainsaw is suitable for KI.

Yeah, but RAAM is just a guest character. Unless Ultratech or Fulgore shows up in Gears of War, let’s pretend he doesn’t exist.

Gore? We have a character named FulGORE and KilGORE. We have characters that routinely impale or stab their enemies with their Grabs, we have a future ninja-monk with a Scimitar-looking sword, and Ultimates. A chainsaw would not be something out of the zone of “Killer” Instinct.

Obviously decapitations and dismemberments will not happen, but so long as there is a blood option, there can be chainsaws.

1 Like