So Im studying Kilgore and here are the stuff Ive found.
St. MP = Medium space control
Cr. MP = Safe
Cr. MK = Medium space control
Cr.MK = NOT A LOW
Cl. St.LK = +1 on block (Frametrap)
St. MK, St. LK, Cr.MP = Safe on Block.
HK is a good footsie tool and a great way to start combos.
Back HP = Spacing tool
HP = Zoning/Fire tool
Cr.HP = Zoning/Fire tool
Neutral Jump = Zoning/Fire tool/BEST HP
Fwd HP = Stagger headbutt and a great way to start combos.
LKMKHK = Ermac Soulphase, good for waking up vs meaties, blinking through attacks or suicide vest when on fire at the cost of damaging you.
Gun Dash/Blanka Ball = Gates to Combo system
Barrages = space control
- Light Barrage = OTG, can juggle if on fire
M. Blanka Ball = Punish/Crossup tool
Missiles = L is normal, M is controlled forward, H is drop
- Psuedo autotracks
DP = Juggles, projectile invulnerable, L, M, H dictate space and startup from fast to slow.
- Non-shadow is unsafe on wakeup.
- can be stuffed with meaties.
- can be broken during juggles.
- You can juggle 3 consecutive Light DPs together and end with a shadow DP.
- You can juggle a Heavy DP into a Light DP into a Shadow DP.
Shadow gundash = 2 frame startup. PUNISH BUTTON
- Turns stray hits into combos.(As long as NOT at fullscreen away)
- Cr.MK buffer option during cold guns.
Shadow Chaingun = Cooldown guns PSEUDO-INSTINCT CANCEL
- Turns all specials, HP guns and back-HP safe.
- Unbreakable as an opener.
- Bottleneck tech during COLD GUNS.
Shadow Blanka Ball = Projectile invulnerable, staggers, recaptures.
- Backwards input = No distance
- No input = medium distance/crossup
- Forward input = ALMOST FULLSCREEN CROSSUP
- Bottleneck for continuing offense. (Followup Hotguns DP/DP ender or Cr.MP -> Back.HP)
Shadow Missiles = oppressive/Setups
Shadow DP = Safe Wakeup
Chaingun = Wallsplat
Barrage = Cooldown guns (kinda useless tbh)
Missiles = Damage*
Blanka Ball = Switch sides/heavy knockdown/OTG or gtfo corner tech
DP = Juggles
Shadow Blanka ball = Recaptures after juggles, particularly after DPs.
Shadow DP = Lets you juggle longer
= Low Range
= Juggles off otg
= Safe specials
= Shouto mode
= 5 gun activations : 10 second fire
- enough time for one base combo
- during hotguns, using guns decreases active time, use missiles or blankaball.
- Maximum duration us 17 seconds
= High Range
Everything you do is safe at every distance Mode.
- QcB specials are great for zoning, QcF specials are great for getting in.
- QcB Chainguns is great for zoning vertical space.
- Once you have HOT GUNS, rushdown with blankaball. Very useful if you ended up zoning from fullscreen.
- Blankaball and chaingun let you get in once you have HOT GUNS.
- Use Blankaball and Missiles to make hot guns LAST LONGER.
- Blankaballs a good followup to wallsplat.
- pre-emptive directional missiles can make blankaballs somewhat safe.
- You can follow up Chainguns in a combo with manuals.
- only Shadow DP is invulnerable on your wakeup
- You can Phase on your wakeup if you expect a meaty
- If you get a hard knockdown, before they wakeup do Heavy Missile behind the opponent and backdash -> Cr. MK -> Blankaball
- H.Missile on knockdown
- H. Missile far behind can land on an opponent getting combod if you end it with his DP ender.
- Any missiles will let you land a manual/linker to start a combo if you lend them on a grounded opponent and you are close enough.
- When ON FIRE, Back HP combos after grab or dp
- Doing manual Cr.MP in the middle of a combo will put your opponent in a juggle state and you can follow up with a button into guns.
- Doing DP ender during hotguns lets you Back-HP your opponent on the way down
- During Hotguns, you can follow up a DP with detonate
- Detonate after DP is a good way to end juggles if you really need the damage.
- L.Chainguns is a good followup to DP ender in the corner
- DP Ender -> button -> L/M gundash -> Shadow Blankaball -> Mixup
- dp ender -> button -> DP
- dp ender can be followed up by multiple shadow dp if your balls are big enough.
- Shadow DP is a good way to cash out juggles.
- otg L. Chaingun combos into Shadow DP for juggles.
Hotguns grab Tech:
Grab -> Fwd.HP -> any DP
Grab -> button -> Shadow DP -> Shadow blankaball -> mixups
- Shadow blankaball can crossup in the corner
- Shadow Chaingun cools down Kilgore’s guns but is also great for making moves safe.
- Anything -> Shadow Missiles is a good Mixup setup tool as long as you dont try to juggle with it.
- Using shadow for damage is pointless, save it for Shadow Missile setups, Shadow chaingun for cooldown.safety or Shadow DP juggle cashouts.
- Can make ANY special safe via activation
- HP, gundash, blankaball and chainguns are all neutral on block.
OPTIMAL COUNTERBREAKER PUNISH COMBO:
HOTGUNS: heavy double -> DP ender -> Cr.HK/Cr.MP -> OTG L. Chaingun -> Shadow DP -> (Detonate)
INSTINCT: heavy double -> instinct cancel -> heavy double -> DP ender -> Cr.HK/Cr.MP -> OTG L. chaingun -> Shadow DP -> (detonate)
Right now Im trying to figure Missile setups and shadow move tech. I know @F3Sleep puts missiles on knockdown but is it the M or H? Do you put it behind or in front? etc? Need lots of help on this.
Id like to learn more on: Missile Setups, Juggle Setups, Instinct Setups and Shadow move Setups.
It seems like Kilgore’s gameplan is to get hotguns into a DP ender and then juggle mercilessly from there.
Killer Instinct. Kilgore. Juggles off overheat throw. Perf. Rolly2891. Youtube. N.p., 4 Jan. 2017. Web. 24 May 2017. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MVcoeNIZ0E.
Killer Instinct, Kilgore, HKD, Setup. Perf. Rolly2891. Youtube N.p., 2 Jan. 2017. Web. 24 May 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=18&v=zXRGvorAmzc.
Killer Instinct: Kilgore Combos Perf. ultracombos. Youtube N.p., 30 Dec. 2016. Web. 24 May 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWzBE8tK8mA.
DEClimax. “Kilgore tech/strategy thread.” Web log post. Ultra Combo forums. N.p., 3 Jan. 2017. Web. 24 May 2017. https://forums.ultra-combo.com/t/kilgore-tech-strategy-thread/17427.