Kilgore tech/strategy thread

Very simple tech. I don’t know if it was mentioned anywhere else.

I noticed that when you throw your opponent in the corner while you’re overheated, you can juggle your opponent with cr.MP.

This only works when you’re overheated or when the chain gun is on its 4th spin.

Edit: You don’t have to be in the corner to juggle with cr.MP.

To follow up on the Throw in corner -> cr.MP juggle tech, you do this combo.

1 bar of meter needed

35% damage

1 chance break

I think this is really good. Is Killgore trying to take Omen’s place as the corner king!?

Okay so if you’re Overheated/in Instinct mode you can continuously link Light Metal Ball. I’ve gotten up to 3 before it drops.
Edit: Can go all the way until KV meter maxes out. 6 repetitions

You can also take advantage of Forward HP’s stagger multiple times as a manual in a combo of you wanna be tricky.

Isn’t that breakble with Heavy? You can’t even counter break with it.

No, shadow metal ball is a true ender that also happens to recapture. As long as it is not done in an opener-ender situation (which will let the opponent break via heavies with no counter break chance, like you say), it is an unbreakable recapture.

Just reposting

what does 5LK and 2MP mean?

The numbers are the direction you hold when pressing the button. Compare to your keyboard’s numpad. 5 is neutral, 2 is down, 6 is toward, etc.

ooooh ok.

So 9 would be a jump in, and 1 would be down-back?

Yes to 1 for down-back, but jumping attacks are written simply as j.X. This is because you don’t actually have to be holding 9 at the time of pressing the button, while there are other jumping normals that do require you to do so.

Example for the above: Wulf’s dive kick is 6MK in the air (because you have to be holding forward to input it). This is different from his regular j.MK. If you call a jumping attack “8MK” or “9MK” then it’s assumed you must also be pressing that direction to get the move and it’s not possible to do without (ie, it’s a command normal).

i tried doing the Counterbreaker punish setup but I just cant land Gundash after OTG L.Chainguns in instinct. Does it still work? My execution might be too low to test this out.

ic the distinction is there because of jumping command normals.

holycrap kilgore’s L.kick is a crossup! Im so happy right now!

So experimented with kilgore missiles, despite how it looks, all his missiles even his shadow missiles all hit High/FRONT. Ive played back the bot to spam shadow missiles at me and I experimented with Missile M/H placement.

It doesnt matter if kilgores missiles explodes behind u, just hold down-back.

That being said, it looks like the best placement for H. Missiles is typically on the floor, and M. Missiles is best targetted above their head to prevent mobility. L. Missiles is your go-to option once you have hotguns.

Hard knockdown + shadow missiles -> wakeup shenanigans = block all the things or I get a combo. You do NOT wakeup with anything when Kilgore has shadow missile setup on you.

…he also has no overhead.

speaking of crossups, his jumping kicks are all amazing, unfortunately they dont make any of his specials safe on block. Im not really sure what to use his j.lp/j.mp though.

What does “5MK and 2MK” mean?

1 Like

5 means leaving the stick in neutral.
2 means holding it down.
5MK means doing a standing medium kick while 2MK means a crouching medium kick.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer Bro, appreciate the info.

1 Like
5 Likes

Kilgore one chances off f+HP
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Apzrbyt1GZuBhkZdHfokSfKJpV3x

4 Likes

That’s some serious damage! It’s cool that after years of playing this game, new tech is still being discovered.

1 Like