Kilgore tech/strategy thread

Yeah, it seems like a lot of damage for what it is, lol. You do have to be overheated and is one bar though, so…I don’t know.

Being overheated it’s Kilgore goal in many MUs

I can’t test it now, but is this combo possible during instinct, and how much damage does if possible?

Instinct + 2 bars of meter

3 break chances + 1 reset = 100% damage off of a DP.

http://xboxclips.com/Leo%20Ferreis/e56c5dd1-2e6f-4a52-92f9-6b7ccb54234b/embed

I had the dummy mashing LP like an idiot to get a quick stand for the reset to work. The reset is kinda inconsistent though. I think it works better on certain characters. It’ll counter hit wakeup jab, is safe if they don’t quick stand, but will whiff on a crouching character (or at least Kilgore).

I don’t know how useful this is, but it’s pretty cool looking.

1 Like

Hello, UA|Evil Bass here.

Got you guys a gift. Enjoy.

Kilgore One-Chance Combos and Tech by Domi / ドミー (Killer Instinct: Season 3)

4 Likes

Thanks Bass! These combos are sick.

Nice! I thought there was already something for Kilgore, but I guess I was wrong. So far, I only know of a few players who have picked up Kilgore as a main. KDD, UA Kalypso, myself, and there’s probably a few more out there that I have missed. However, there are other players who have put in a great amount of time with him, but wouldn’t consider him a main, but another arsenal. Sleep has some setups with him already and Bass has already begun posting videos of a few once chance breaks with him. A lot, which he brought back from Kombo Klash Japan via Domi.

I’ve learned that there’s currently a bug where it reads one of his combo as an open-ender in which you can never counter-break, according to FightRashFight. I would do a hard knockdown, OTG (LP Chain Gun Barrage), x Shadow (DP) Chain Gun Assault. Now I haven’t bothered testing to see if I were to cancel-exhaust from LPCGB into Shadow CGA to see if the results would be the same (breakable as an open-ender) So instead of burning the extra meter, I think it’d be best to just exhaust-cancel into LP CGA instead of burning meter on a shadow that can be broken (for the knowledgeable)

Another trick I like to use, of course depending on the matchup and situation, would be on knockdown, S. H Missile Pod, and while they’re rising, anticipating a wakeup, Short Circuit, grab. What will happen is by the end of the grab animation, your opponent will be hit by the missiles coming back down, giving you another setup.

1 Like

That cross up on block is mad punishable though. I recommend using that cross up only while in overheat.

Yeah, I agree. It can be tough to open people up with Kilgore though, so once in a while might not hurt imo, as the med ball cross up is quite tough to block,

I’m pretty stoked to see how the big boys handle the gunbot. Not a major player myself, as much as I want to invest in him I think there are presently too many bugs that, once corrected (hopefully 3.7) would actually have impact on muscle memory, like EX.Dash being breakable anywhere, really bizarre QCF/DP precision issues (could be user errors, but widely reported), awkward juggle timings (particularly off of Lv3+ Juggle Ender - I think we discussed this stuff earlier in the thread), and INSX overheat effect inconsistencies. I’m just not good enough to invest months of practice at the risk of having to essentially relearn everything I’ve been practicing, y’know? I hope the Kilgores come out of the woodwork w/ 3.7 though![quote=“RoTeNdO, post:168, topic:17427”]
open-ender in which you can never counter-break
[/quote]

In this scenario, it’s the EX.DP that you can’t counterbreak? Has this been tested outside of the lab, or only in the lab? There are some weird lab-only bugs that pop up from time to time, which is why I ask.[quote=“RoTeNdO, post:168, topic:17427”]
Another trick I like to use,
[/quote]

That is a really clever multi-purpose framekill/bait. Like, really flippin’ clever. That’s getting written down for later, for sure. Kudos! Also, good to see ya on the forums!

Yes. It has been tested in and out of the lab. I only tested it because I kept getting broken in a set with FightRashFight and he brought it to my attention.

The labrat monster, KDD, can also confirm. He lives in the lab and has posted quite a few once chance break combos already with Kilgore.

1 Like

Well damn. Add that to the mountain of bugs in the infestation that is Kilgore…

Part of me wonders how many of the bugs could be intentional, cuz, y’know… flavor, I guess?

Will have to try this out :wink:

I have a one chance normal on the ground combo for around 60% depending on what you open with for 2 bars while overheated, and of course leaves a bunch of PD.

1 Like

Dunno if this has been discussed:

Kilgore was made in the secret CCIX project. Roman numeral CCIX is 209, as in ED-209, perhaps. ED-209 was the dual machine gun wielding robot that malfunctions in robocop. Coincidence?

1 Like

Very simple tech. I don’t know if it was mentioned anywhere else.

I noticed that when you throw your opponent in the corner while you’re overheated, you can juggle your opponent with cr.MP.

This only works when you’re overheated or when the chain gun is on its 4th spin.

Edit: You don’t have to be in the corner to juggle with cr.MP.

To follow up on the Throw in corner -> cr.MP juggle tech, you do this combo.

1 bar of meter needed

35% damage

1 chance break

I think this is really good. Is Killgore trying to take Omen’s place as the corner king!?

Okay so if you’re Overheated/in Instinct mode you can continuously link Light Metal Ball. I’ve gotten up to 3 before it drops.
Edit: Can go all the way until KV meter maxes out. 6 repetitions

You can also take advantage of Forward HP’s stagger multiple times as a manual in a combo of you wanna be tricky.

Isn’t that breakble with Heavy? You can’t even counter break with it.

No, shadow metal ball is a true ender that also happens to recapture. As long as it is not done in an opener-ender situation (which will let the opponent break via heavies with no counter break chance, like you say), it is an unbreakable recapture.

Just reposting