Kilgore Gameplay (Video Added!)

What indicates they’re part of Season 3? Their location on the character select screen?

I’m surprised no one has made this connection:
Fulgore: heavy reliance on energy weapons

Killgore: heavy reliance on ballistics and firepower

Killgore even salutes like War Machine…lol.

10 Likes

Yeah, that and no mention of a S4, and that if they are the start of S4 I wouldn’t even be able to see the empty slots and those wouldn’t appear in a S3 patch

Well, he does borrow alot of animations from Fulgore. And alot of his moves look alot alike Fulgore as well. Maybe what the moves do and his tech is alot different, which are also the same arguements people use when telling Ryu and Ken apart in Street Fighter. Which is fair enough, because when playing as those two, you can definitely tell the difference. But they are still both doing fireballs, uppercuts and hurricane kicks.

That’s why I love the streams so much, because you guys go in and show each aspect of the characters’ gameplay so we can see what makes the characters individual from eachother. And I don’t doubt that Kilgore will bring something unique to the game as well, just like Shadow Jago does. I just personally prefer it when the character and how he plays also LOOK unique.

It’s why I like Ken’s visual progression in SFV, though… that hair and face… but his costume is a step away from the “Red Ryu” look. Same with Ermac from MKX who now looks nothing like the “Red Scorpion” he once was.

1 Like

Reposting in here since it also applies to this thread.

You already got a full season of characters…

2 Likes

Not a part of S3:

Also worth noting, his DP looks a fair bit slower than fulgore’s, and it looks like it travels forward a short distance before attacking.

I like this character immediately more than that Raam slug or Rash.

THIS character feels KI

Hope to see a female character next for February

Love the artillery sound design

Can we have a lex luthor male head mask accesory ? Lol

hope i see a trend of backstory character variants !!!

thanks

Haha, true… clone characters do kinda trump guest characters, don’t they? They are created for the setting the game is in, the others are just visiting from their own settings.

That said, I guess Joanna Dark would be kinda fitting too. And though Rash doesn’t exactly fit, he still has that Rare feel to him. And IG did an awesome job with him, imo.

Also idk if it’s possible, but with the gun shot at the end, it looks like he could possibly juggle after it?

Yeah, looks like it. The damage is a bit lower too, fulgore’s DP does ~10% and kilgore’s does ~8%

2 Likes

OK then. So this is the launch of S4. Is there a S4 bundle that will be absolute soon?

Kilgore is not Season 4 too.

This is just “extra” stuff. I’m getting a new KI game vibe.

2 Likes

OK so it’s not S4 but not S3. So these are separate purchases. And I’m guessing we don’t know prices yet, or if we can bundle them together.

I knew I was forgetting something Derp Bot totally has a Gir feel.

1 Like

Seems Kilgore is a bit of a Blanka fan!

Or Kano fan. Kano rolls in the air too… and also likes big guns. Though Blanka does also fall to the ground and gets all electrified, but in Kilgore’s case it’s more of a, erh… mishap…

Taking a closer look at Killgore’s “teleport”, and forgive me if anyone has already pointed it out, but it looks like it’s more of a phase-out move than a teleport, similar to Omen’s shadow form, but he stays in place…and possibly when he heats up and explodes it changes to a forced hard knockdown to avoid projectiles/knock the opponent away?

1 Like

I did mention that, yeah. I made the comparison to relius clover’s led ley–a stationary dodge, invulnerable to hits but vulnerable to throws. Difference is relius has a second character he can attack with during the recovery of led ley to make it safe.

2 Likes