Kilgore Community Fund

I thought he was brought down to 10 now.

Oh yes. I thought Shago is still $20.

So the other 5 is for tournaments? Wow, I got ripped off then.

The other 5?

5 dollars

So if the other 5$ didn’t go to tournaments but Microsoft instead, would you still have felt ripped off?

if the money was going to MS to add to the K.I game then no because everyone would be getting something out of it with what ever they add to the game but putting it the Tournament only the people who win in them get something so of couuseits a rip off I rather everyone get something instead of what like maybe 50 at most pretty sure 50 is a small number compaired to the milloins who play world wide

1 Like

Money to MS doesn’t go to the game though. MS gives IG a budget to make the game and then real in the profits.

“Reel” in the profits
 assuming there are any profits to reel in. And also, we’re making a lot of assumptions about the contract and relationship between IG and MS. They could have a profit sharing agreement as part of the contract for KI. KI could be an operating loss, with zero profits and a money pit for MS. Building these castles in the clouds just kind of obscures the issue.

There’s really three separate issues here. Is $10 too much for a single character? Regardless of all the weird cheeseburger tweets going around, it seems a lot of folks think it is. That’s fine. As always, there is the option to not buy things that you don’t see the value in.

2 $5 from each sale goes to a community fund to support tournaments. A lot of people are not interested in giving money to support tournaments either because they don’t want to give money to anything, or because they would rather see that money be used for something else that is more interesting to them. Regardless of how you feel, I don’t think you can argue that people don’t have a right to an opinion about what their money should go towards. So, even if they are willing to shell over the money for Kilgore, I think people like @VladKravich haves legitimate right to say the $5 that goes to the community fund is wasted, as far as they’re concerned. People don’t HAVE to want to support offline tournaments. Ask Nintendo.

3 Is the question of whether it’s okay to link a character (i.e. Substantial content) to a fund drive. Obviously how you feel about issues 1 and 2 is going to influence how people respond to this but there is a discussion to be had in the abstract as well.

1 Like

I was one of the people watching the stream. I know that it’ss over now but he was swearing at the amount of damage Kilgore did after almost every combo that did less damage than he expected. Max did follow up every critical comment by covering himself with an obligatory “he takes a lot of time to figure out”, “he’s not easy”, etc. So I don’t think he was bashing Kilgore per se, but more expressing his surprise at the damage output and overall control of Kilgore.

Anyway, I knew what he what getting at but people who watch might take it completely different and think Kilgore sucks or is weak.

3 Likes

Shago also came with all new colors a new move set with a ultimate and K.I gold

So Kilgore doesn’t have his own color selection, accessories, or a new move set?

1 Like

The funding wasn’t to get Kilgore these things, he was already completed. lol

Also, Shago comes with regular Jago (a $5 value) but since Jago is now free to everyone its kind of pointless. XD

I’m not talking about the community fund, but Shadow Jago on his own being $10.
That said, I didn’t know that he came bundled with Jago. Was this always the case?

Ever since the latest release where he went up for sale permanently, yeah.

He does

8 Colors and one accessory set with four colors

Yes I know.

No.

I think those other 5 dollars should have gone into adding more things to the game like retro stages, alternate costumes and an arcade mode. I don’t care about any tournament and neither do I support them so I do feel like my money has gone to waste.

4 Likes

Increased tournament support means better showings which increases interest which increase longevity and sales which profits Microsoft which means more budget for ig which means all those things you listed could happen.