Kilgore Community Fund

But of course, he hasn’t uploaded the ultimate yet :smirk:

Ha! He better lol!

He might be waiting for the 4k Ultra HD version of it lol!

I didn’t know KI was being booed at EVO? Which year did that happen?

What pros have slated the game too?

As loud as these pro players may be, they are more interested in the bigger pot tourney’s which usually involve Capcom/NRS related titles. So unless Microsoft turn up to the party themselves it will never generate as much buzz as those games anyway.

Although I don’t like the idea of paying 50% of Kilgore to the Tournament scene, it’s good to see IG or MS (not sure who’s idea it was) trying to push the game in some shape or form. I hope the fund works out for the game, but I just can’t see it making a significant enough difference to make a big splash.

Maybe the first year? Microsoft was still evil those days, with the online-only, one physical game per person policies they intended for Xbox One still fresh in gamers’ minds.

1 Like

It’s 2013.

1 Like

That makes sense, I watched this years and lasts years EVO and didn’t recall hearing any booing

This community baffles me. Maybe it’s not exclusive to KI or fighting games, maybe it’s just humans in general. We just got a new character, he’s not a reskin he’s unique and different from the rest of the cast. Clearly a lot of time, effort and thought when into his creation. Prior to his release for all we knew we were just possibly going to get some shadow lord updates, maybe even not that.

Rather than celebrate the fact that IG/MS are still putting development efforts into the game we instead lambaste them because it’s not how we want it, or it doesn’t fit our exact desires.

I just want the guys at IG to know that there are people who are not so entitled and thankful for the work you’ve done and I personally really respect the intent behind supporting the competitive community despite being a scrub myself and never actually traveling to tournaments. I understand the importance of Esports and I’m glad you guys are forward thinking enough to understand their significance as well.

I think the community fund is great and I was happy to contribute to it with my purchase. Never forget how lucky we are to have these direct interactions with the developers. Most other games Kilgore would have just shown up on the store, maybe with a generic tweet from the developer and that’s it.

4 Likes

Max is a toxic personality bringing KI down?

You know, I think that might be my cue to take a bit of a break from the forums.

9 Likes

Speaking of Max, wasn’t there a KI assist me that never got continued?

Who said that? Max is the man.

3 Likes

Lol. Please don’t. You occupy a precious niche in our bizarre pseudo society. You are one of a very small number of posters who actually comfortably relates to all the many factions, post articulate and reasonable things and is both respectful and respected. We need you.

2 Likes

As far as I can tell it’s just one user and their hangup with Max sometimes expressing brief frustration when playing KI like he does with most every Fighter. Nothing to be bothered about.

The only thing that annoys me about Max is that sometimes he doesn’t put in enough research and says some wrong things. But I give him a pass on that considering how many different games he plays.

Haha. I really appreciate that. But I’m kinda hitting a point right now where even though I love the game, “the community” just kind of vexes me. I’m tired of dealing with it in all honesty.

If I do take a break I’ll be back (probably won’t even be gone long), but definitely hitting that point where I’m just kind of generally irritated with a lot of the nonsense that always seems to permeate the conversation around the game. Peddling wrong info, proclamations of the game dying, etc - just tired of seeing the same old arguments all the time, you know?

4 Likes

If you feel like that I can’t imagine how IG/MS must feel sometimes. I hope they understand the concept of vocal minorities.

What I hoped to see after the stream:

“Wow, Kilgore looks really fun.”

“It’s cool that we have another way of supporting the tournament scene.”

“I can’t wait to see the other ultimates.”

What I see:

“Why does Kilgore not have a retro or more accessories?”

“$10? MS is nickle and diming us.”

“We’re going to have to buy ultimates, aren’t we?”

I don’t blame you @STORM179, but you better keep in touch. I want a set with you soon.

Yes I do know. As you well know I get sucked into too much drama (and probably overcontribute as well - I wish I was as good at playing the game as I am at putting up walls of text on the forum), so I’m sympathetic. Obviously do your thing. I just want to make sure the folks who do it right know that people value their contributions - and you definitely do it right.

1 Like