KI Novella

Pretty sick chapter so far, really enjoyed Tusk’s part especially the interacton between him, cinder and Riptor (her poor teeth ye-ouch :joy:)

As for Kim’s part, here are my actual reactions to the chapter.
SPOILERS BELOW PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

She regretted being so cocky. Regretted taunting this thing. She stared
at the demon as he assumed the Horse Stance—legs spread wide apart and
bent, arms bent with palms upturned…

Ah so turns out she does have some self doubt in her :open_mouth: . Makes sense since this is her first rival and all. Also where’s that ■■■■ master onion “don’t get cocky” line on utube LOL. (cheesy i know)

“You cannot run, girl.”

Really? Really Shago? Is… is that really your best line? RLY? :joy:

“Kim hated the sound of the warrior’s sneering voice. She
felt like a little girl being teased on the playground.”

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :anguished: !

As he dropped back down she kicked him with the flat of her
foot, and he ragdolled across the alley. She felt a surge of power boiling up
inside her, as if every molecule of her being was connected to Yeo’s wellspring
of strength. The dragon erupted from her like a missile, flying straight at
Shadow Jago, exploding against his chest. He staggered backwards as if in slow
motion…

G.G. Just G.G , that’s all I gotta say xD

““So what do we do now?”

“We train. And wait.”

“Who for?”

Yeo smiled. “The original.”

“The original what?” asked Kim, confused.

The original Jago.”

HHWWWAAAAAAHADLFJ;ALDFKJAFLKJAFADFAF!!!

“To be continued…”

ADAAAAAAAAAM WHY!!! :tired_face::joy:

(P.S I chucked at the hisako bit with her style~)

9 Likes

lol Cinder is my favorite character so far.

This chapter was a nice progression with all three characters. I like how (especially in the Kim section) the writer actually described in-game fighting moves.

I kind of want to see that super dragon attack, though…

1 Like

This. Chapter. Was. Beautiful!

Everything felt right. The writing was superb this time. I felt emotion, I felt legitimate fear. This was everything I wanted and more. Good stuff Noble!

4 Likes

I need Punch Fighter t-shirts stat!

1 Like

DUUUUUUUUUDES

OMG ITS ABOUT TO GET REAL

I CANT HANDLE IT.

The dynamic duo is about to form.

Oh my…

I’m playing KI Right now. I can’t handle it…

@RTA07

Red, I might not make it… Send help… :dizzy_face:

I hunger for cinematic cutscenes!!!

3 Likes

Just a thought soaked in opinion. I have no right to take any credit for Noble’s work nor will I. The way I interpreted the chapter, it looks like he left a lot of subtle hints that he was able to take my criticism and apply it.

Now, I won’t be so self-righteous as to say, “He took my criticism and that alone is the only reason this chapter is any good!” That would make me sound like a jerk and quite frankly is generally a ■■■■ move. for all I know Noble isn’t reading any of this and he hasn’t seen any of my criticisms. But if he has, I’m glad he understood my intentions.

All I did was make a suggestion. He didn’t have to change anything about his writing and maybe he didn’t. But if it’s okay with everyone, I will choose to believe that he found the usefulness in what I did. As disrespectful and harsh as it may have been.

…OK

I don’t… I don’t…

Wat?

Oh Snap. :open_mouth:

I’m getting giddy.

ALSO

Cinder is so hot a legendary sword can’t top his burns.

3 Likes

Haha, I knew you would freak out at the last part! :laughing:

“I’ll come and visit you in your cage at HQ and we’ll play some Punch Fighter on the UltraBox and—hey look what you dropped!”

Hmm, so does that mean UltraTech is Microsoft in-universe…?

4 Likes

I don’t think cinder is a bad guy. I’m starting to think otherwise. I mean yeah he’s done some moral stuff but I think overall he’s at least neutral. ARIA knows what’s best.

Cinder’s a total opportunist and he’ll probably go and betray Sadira just to say he ‘did it.’

Can’t wait for Hisako/Kim Wu buddy cop nonsense. Seriously.

1 Like

Y’know, after all that speculating about Tekken being a platform exclusive, its nice to see that Punch Fighter went multi-platform. :joy:

I can’t describe how much I liked this chapter, so much good stuff with Tusk and Cinder, Mira with the trio. Some good quips there (Jurassic Dork, hah!), though I will say “Conan the Annoy-Her” was just… I mean… sighs

Serves you right for using a man of fire to oversee explosives.

That whole Kim Wu section was the bit from her trailer in a more descriptive text, wasn’t it? Apart from Hisako dropping by. What I would give to see Kim and Hisako be friends :joy:

That whole Kim Wu section was the bit from her trailer in a more
descriptive text, wasn’t it? Apart from Hisako dropping by. What I would
give to see Kim and Hisako be friends

Won’t be too surpised if that happens tbh xD; Since they’re both young female characters and all.

1 Like

Funny I didn’t know over 600 years old counts as young lol.

1 Like

Wow! What an amazing chapter!
So did Kim kill Shago? it would be kind of sad for him to be taken out so easily.