KI Novella

Ok I just have to say.

Kim’s story was great. One of my favorite! I really like the references, and how Kim got her Powers. And we know the Dragon’s Name! Yeo! Wow! Lol so cool that the dragon is actually conscious. Kim got cooler in my book.

LOL At Punch Fighter. Nice MS/IG.

But Shadow Jago…

Does that mean this point in time he is still possessed by Omen?

So is this before Omen became his own separate entity?

Before the attack on the Night Guard Temple with Jago, Orchid and TJ combo?

LOL Someone help! I think I’m lost in trying to piece this story together.

I hope Shadow Lords answers all these questions. Lol It just hurts my heart a bit to know that one of my favorite characters is killing everyone that gives Gargos problems. XD

JAGO NEEDS TO REDEEM HIMSELF

.#JagoShagoPowerHour

2 Likes

Actually, didn’t Omen’s backstory state that Shadow Jago is a separate being from Jago and Omen now?

1 Like

Oh yeah huh? Lol that’s kinda hard to keep track of.

I think y’all jumping the gun on the last line that she stated imo I think it fit the story perfectly. The novella is telling the story in between the fight scenes to me it’s giving insight on alliances and why they’re happening

These strories are awesome. You guys should really consider putting these together with the rest of the characters and releasing an actual book. I’d gladly pay for it. Kim’s was amazing as well as Tusk’s. Kim/Tusk partner up? Count me in! :grinning:

I didn’t mean to create such a huge scene about it. But you think Kim shouldn’t have been at least somewhat worried by her first challenge? If not, that’s cool. But IDK, it just feels out of place when you consider her situation IMO.

3 Likes

a confident girl who has never gotten her but kicked before gain super powers from a dragon. She also had a good 3 or so hours of practice with her nunchucks and the new powers she gained. Idk it sounds fitting to me.

1 Like

Master Chief, one of the greatest heroes we’ve come to know and love shows fear in The Flood, (the novelization of Halo Combat Evolved).

During the novelization of the mission 343 Guilty Spark, Master Chief shows fear when confronted with the new threat of The Flood. A warrior trained from the age of 6 to be a fearless war machine shows ACTUAL FEAR when faced with this new threat.

Kim Wu is a teenager/young adult who’s barely been in a fight before and has a couple hours of nunchuck training. She should be freaking out when a demon shows up at her front door.

but you might ask: what purpose does comparing a full Halo novel to a short KI Novella serve?

Well people say that Noble isn’t trying to write the next big novel and that’s completely fair. But in my opinion good writing is to take the concept of protagonist struggle and Implement it into your work. Its character development. This is possible even with the small amount of space Noble is given every week to write.

I tried to demonstrate this with my “updated version”. And while I believe I was successful, some people decided to either not take sides or state that my version was inferior. And that’s completely fair. I’m just trying to make you guys see my point of view.

ignorance is a bliss… which is what kim wu had in plenty

ok real talk master chief is an intelligent soldier who knows exactly the reality of war and death. the notion of facing the same horde that killed the people in the video should elicit a response no matter how small.

kim wu on the other hand is a naive girl. a complete badass in her mind that in her life spending time training with her grandfather, teaching martial art as a sensei in a school and living on the streets she has never been knocked off her feet.

take that and then add a magic floating dragon that filled her with power making her faster/stronger and changing her emotional state at that time "Her heart seemed to swell in her chest, and she laughed without knowing why"
then there is the more than a couple hours of training, from the afternoon to night time with the moon high in the sky, of refresher training considering she has trained with nunchucks before.

master chief was afraid of a horde of fifty aliens that managed to overpower a group of trained marines. what kim wu saw was one tibet monk dude with muscles, a sword and a skull mask.even if a smart person should be wary of the demon that shago has become kim doesnt have that experience or knowledge of who she is facing. she even recognized shago as jago as a guy who entered the killer instinct tournament in the past, a regular human fighter. she has no idea what she is getting into but that isnt her fault and is expected.

4 Likes

This explanation is a well thought out one. I like it.

Actually a good response. I had to mull this one over a bit.

What I can say is that like Master Chief with The Flood, I guess we can assume Kim Wu follows the KI tournament. Meaning that she’s seen Jago fight in a video or on TV. She knows he is a strong fighter. It’s like if Hulk Hogan walked up to you and said “Let’s throw hands bruh.”

One observation you can make is that Kim Wu is similar to Cassie Cage attitude wise. Even Cassie doubts herself though. (I think it says in her bio?)

Self-doubt is human nature. We all doubt ourselves when faced with a challenge. Some more then others of course but the idea is that if a character is shown not to have that or it’s neglected (if it’s relevent to the senario) then IMO that’s bad writing.

Pretending a character is emotionally uneffected by the events in a story (which to Noble’s credit, Kim is shaken up by the death of her uncle for maybe 2 minutes) leads to unlikeable or unrelatable characters. In this chapter, Kim is shown to be mouthy and IMO very unlikeable. (Insulting gamers and making crappy Youtube references? Come on…)

All my opinion, but if you’re writing a short origin story, the characters need to be more fleshed out even if we are already familiar with them.

(I rushed this reply, forgive any typos.)

1 Like

Hmm. You also make a very good point.

so ki2 kim has been canonized into being an ancient warrior grandma Kim. aaawwwweeesssoooommme

2 Likes

LOL pretty much xD

1 Like

Wait wtf? what in the hell are you talking about?

2 Likes

Some absurd Haiku voicing disapproval of overtly Asian story about an American girl?

2 Likes

Cant Kim-Wu be covering up het insecurity by being brash?

1 Like

11 Likes

Good point, she could be. But if that was an intended character trait, I think Noble would have shown that in the story.

I am a bit behind on the reading, I am reading Tusks at the moment but…

@TempusChaoti
" “Snöskotor,” "

It’s snöskoter =)

(and if a female’s name is Lena we usually go with one E :))