KI is “complete”

Most fighting games have 30-40 characters

I hope I don’t need to explain the dependency between quality and quantity. SF5 will have over 30 characters soon, but what of it if everyone’s gameplan revolves around landing crush counter and raking biggest combo possible. Same with MKXL, 34 characters, over 100 variations, all rushdown.

Injustice 2 has a lot of characters: 3 ice based, 2 plant based, 2 Kryptonians, 2 fire based, and recycles from IGAU. How creative.

What we fkin need rn is ranked crossplay.

8 Likes

sounds good to me, they could use a break. maybe we will someday get a new KI? who knows, fight on

2 Likes

I just completed.

Thanks internet. Somehow people read this and think the point of discussion is the definition of “complete.” Keits makes it clear the the characters and game balance are done. Bug fixes or giving Jago a battletoads shirt in the future are still possible (if unlikely).

I am great with that. It’s an amazing game. I think they took the concept about as far as they could take it. I don’t know that a game that counts on you to recognize and respond to so many character specific animations (auto doubles and linkers) can support a roster much bigger than this and the bar of individuality for the characters in KI is really high. These characters are all truly unique.

Yes, there is plenty more I would have liked to see. More ultimates, more costumes (apparently MS hates $ - who knew?). Additional polish in lots of features. But this game was a bold experiment that produced something really great and maintained a high level especially in character design and combat design throughout its development.

As @Dayv0 points out, our community collectively made certain that there was no reason for MS to keep making content as we trashed every single thing they put out.

10 Likes

So true man…and its sad that it went down that way with MS being treated badly by fans and how Keits and IG were treated by players.

5 Likes

Even if the game is complete. It has no sense of finality to it. The reason people want more is because there is nothing in the game that says “this is over” it’s like following a tv show for three years and they just don’t make a finale episode.

1 Like

The release of a definitive edition and porting to steam are usually two things that say “this is over” for games.

4 Likes

I’m curious. What would give the game finality in your mind? What would they have to do to make you think “now I have completed the game.”

Can you elaborate a little? I’m not sure what you mean by “it’s sad that it went down that way with MS.” I know how Keits and IG were treated, and it sucks, for sure. But what about the MS part are you referring to?

Honestly, I never understood why so many people thought it’d be okay to just push and push at the devs and nitpick to their face over and over again and think that nothing bad would come from it when they supposedly liked the game.

I dunno, maybe people hated the game and felt the need to let the devs know at any and every opportunity. Maybe they think they like the series so much that it’s their duty to tell the devs just how they’re ruining it. Personally, if I thought they were ruining it, I’d just move along, but that’s just me. I don’t get what people thought they’d accomplish by treating others that way.

1 Like

So they aren’t going to remove Rash? :(:disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

THe way top players and their cronies trashed the game (MS) and thier descisions(MS) and how those same people treated Keits and the IG team when those players didnt get thier way or thier character was changed.

Its sad how all these ppl play arm chair quarterback and have no FN clue how to run a buissness how to develop a game, how to do anything really but run their mouths.

5 Likes

NO but they are removing Sadira! oooohhhhhhhhhh!

3 Likes

wow…there were no punches pulled there.

1 Like

Unfortunately, we’ll find people who only knows how to criticize and complain everywhere. Maybe it’s a sign of the times we’re living in. Internet has allowed an army of low lives and pathetic creatures to bash and offend everything and everyone. Sadly, we need to learn how to live in this reality. I hope the devs realize how many players appreciate all the work they have done.

4 Likes

Just so we’re on board. Musical Ultras for all characters are 10x better than Ultimates for all characters. I’m just saying.

Plus Eyedol with the skulls? Yeah. It’s complete.

2 Likes

Well man they were really rude to Keits and the Dev team and have really just spread mis info and toxic vibes throughout the KI community. It really ■■■■■■ me off man. And like @Cabp15 said…I really hope the MS and IG team know how much we appreciate their efforts.

5 Likes

From my understanding, the addition of ultimates was more along the lines of “hey, we’ve got a little bit left in the money bucket - what should we do?” than anything else. I’m doubtful that the community’s complaining one way or the other was a big factor in not getting more. If Shadow Lords made buckets and buckets of money then sure, maybe MS would have put more dollars toward KI and we’d have gotten ultimates for the entire cast, but the ultimates themselves were always kind of incidental.

I think a lot of blame for a lot of things can be laid at the feet of the KI’s community’s complaining, but ultimates only existing for half the cast probably isn’t one of them.

9 Likes

Don’t forget the banned forum trolls. They DEFINITELY had a hand in the complaining as well.

2 Likes

Yo I like this game as much as anyone else here, but 5+ years of continuous development on a single game is more than enough content to be satisfied with. Most games can only dream of reaching that much content, but I am happy with the game as is now.

If anything, I am just glad to see the game from when it was first revealed, to where the game has expanded beyond anyones imagination at the time. I still play this game simply because I like to play it, regardless of any future content.

11 Likes

Same feeling here. The older dagger assault was much more badass. The new move is useless and I see zero people using it today.

1 Like

I couldn’t understand why it wasn’t just used in a similar way to Cinder’s Pyro Bombs, they don’t do a huge amount of damage but could attack from different angles rather than the opposition just being able to sit in one position and block everything. (one hits high, one hits low, one from behind.) Or they could have simply just halved (quartered? I didn’t own the game at that point) the damage her old dagger ender did. :thinking: