KI has been downgraded graphically... again

Well, for 2016 it does look ugly. Atleast in my opinion. The textures are ok, but in the postprocessing and lighting department the game is lacking majorly.

might be your PC set up

Nah, running on max settings.

iā€™ll have to check for myself but they ran PC version last couple days and it was fineā€¦ I think you may have had unrealistic expectations, remember they didnā€™t go back and remake/update it from 900p

I donā€™t see it. I am playing right now on my Xbox One, and I donā€™t see any downgrade of any graphics. It still looks beautiful to me.

3 Likes

Im playing on Xone, game is beautifulā€¦
Thereā€™s no downgrade.

Feels like a new game

1 Like

My eye cant catch what the OP is saying. Only a side by side would work for me.

Keep in mind this is a four year old 360 game that only got up ported to the Xbox One. Thereā€™s not really much they can do to fix that.

I thought if anything it looks better, they pretty much removed the layer of fog from every level and added much nicer lighting, GI? rather than static lighting for the stage and then a second baked lighting for the characters, they dont look stuck on the stage. And this is coming from a 3D artist whoā€™s usually a snob about these things. If anything, it has its own look and feel who cares if it doesnā€™t look like they used 10000000 polygons and 48K textures?

2 Likes

Uhmā€¦ KI isnā€™t an Xbox 360 gameā€¦ and it isnā€™t 4 years old. Itā€™s from 2013 and was released at Xbox Oneā€™s launch.

Did you see the 360 version? it looks like crŠ°p. This one is A LOT better.

1 Like

What 360 version?

To say the game has had a graphics downgrade is absolutely bs ā€¦ I donā€™t even know what to say about some of these people who constantly complain literally every single day . Iā€™ve been playing for hours and the game looks absolutely STUNNING ā€¦ This is the best this game has ever , and I guarantee you , will ever look. Knowing darn well that the visuals have been upgraded and that the lighting has been redone; for someone to say that thereā€™s been a downgrade , let alone a ā€œmassiveā€ downgrade , is just utterly ridiculous. Itā€™s mind boggling.

3 Likes

this beast. basically a recycled game, but iā€™m so glad this wasnt on 360 because it was a selling point for my personally for an xbox one.

3 Likes

I had no idea this existedā€¦ Thanks! :smiley:

Thereā€™s a second video, he explains that RAM was an issue, which probably explains why it was ported to xbox one in the end just becuause the 360 was so underpowered in that department.

2 Likes

It was originally made for the x1 and they were trying to see if the 360 could handle it too. It was always an x1 title

3 Likes

I thought it was developed for 360, then ported to Xbone due to limitations. The development 360 they used had more ram.

Iā€™ve been playing for about three hours now. I see Nothing to indicate a massive graphical downgrade. If anything, the game looks more vibrant than before. Care to provide some examples, OP?

1 Like

Itā€™s always worth checking the account activity of someone you donā€™t know who shows up in a thread like this. If someone made their account four hours ago and has only posted in a thread to say the game has bad graphicsā€¦

3 Likes