KI Fanfiction

I knew it @TheNinjaOstrich You’ve been caught in the act! LOL

3 Likes

LOL XD

Caught Red-handed in the act! :fearful:

Well, what do you have to say for yourself?

I don’t get it :open_mouth:

Remember when I posted a clip of Sue’s POV in case she got involved with the fighters and learning about Carrie’s past? When looking at the likes, I noticed that @TheNinjaOstrich posted a like. That tells me that he read it, and I can bet he read the other chapters while lurking in the shadows.

3 Likes
1 Like

Lol yeah. I’ve been reading it. I like reading! You have a very thought out, interesting story here. I’ll be lurking around still, but feel free to tag me or ask me anything if you need brainstorming, or other things. :slight_smile:

to the shadows I go…

2 Likes

Hey @adymunrox how are things going and how did you like the clip I put yesterday as well chapters 3 and 4?

Btw, @TheNinjaOstrich it’s all good that you’re liking my story and all.

As for chapter four, doing research about courtesy and taboos in Tibet for Carrie to learn

Hey! Things are going alright, thanks! I don’t post much anymore, but I’m always lurking lol I’m still really enjoying seeing your story build and progress! It’s going really well I think! Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Hey, guys, I just found information regarding the Sera Temple, and hopefully, it would give me the fuel for Chapter Four. In the meantime, here’s another clip from a future chapter. WARNING: May contain a spoiler at some point, so read at your own risk. The first one I did was only a freebie. Also may be subjected to change.

Tibet: Tiger Shrine
Everything was still dark until light seeped in as Carrie opened her eyes. Slowly sitting up, Carrie noticed that she was in a different room. It looked like a miniature version of the shrine outside, but with a complete left wall and candles that lit the room. She also noticed a blanket on her and a pillow to support her head.
“Good to see you awake,” said Jago as Carrie saw the monk beside her in a cross-legged meditating position with a gold aura surrounding him. “How are you feeling?”
“Feels like I’ve been hit in the head all over,” said Carrie as she held her head.
“There’s a bowl of water on your left. I mixed it with powdered herbs to help with your headache,” said Jago.
Carrie looked at her left where the bowl of water was. Grabbing it, she saw the cloudy water and drank it, only to taste the herbs that caused her to lick the roof of her mouth. Carrie remembered what had happened as she recovered.
“That’s right…there was that golem…it had red eyes…are you all right?”
“I’ll be fine,” said Jago. “Nothing that meditative healing won’t fix.”
“Is that what you’re doing? I didn’t know you can heal.”
“Well, when you spend time away from the world, you tend to discover things about yourself. Carrie…we need to talk…about what you did.”
“I…I don’t know what you’re talking about.”
“Don’t play dumb with me,” Jago said as he opened his eyes and looked at Carrie. “I saw what you did with that golem. Now while I’m grateful that you saved my life, what you did caught me off guard.”
“I…I have telekinesis. I’ve had this…‘Curse’…since the day I was born,” Carrie said as she looked down at herself, knowing there was no point trying to keep it a secret.
Jago shifted from his perch towards Carrie so that he was facing her. “Why do you think it’s a curse?”
“Let’s just say there are some things I don’t want to discuss. I am still trying to get used to my powers. The only things that I know about it are from books and my personal experience. I remember doing some things with my powers when I was little, but I always thought those memories were fake.”
“I see, and what about your family? Do they know about it?” asked Jago.
Carrie withdrew, but answered. “My mama did. In fact, I think I got my powers from grandma on my mother’s side since it passes from daughter to daughter. I think it skipped my mother, but not me. I kept it secret because I was afraid what you would think of me if you saw it first-hand.”
“Meaning…?”
“That if you saw what I could do, you might look at me like some…freak.”
Jago did not know what to make of that answer. He knew from experience was to never judge anyone because one can never know what to expect, even in combat. He knew Carrie was special, but judged in a bad light.
“Carrie, when I first saw you, I really did not see you like that, even before you exposed your powers. Besides, there’s nothing wrong being different.”
“But, Jago, I don’t want to be different. I want to be normal, like everyone else,” said Carrie.
“I happen to be normal, and yet, I can do this.” Jago closed his eyes, and as he focused, glowing streams of energy flowed from his hands as it formed a fireball. “Back at the Killer Instinct tournament, when I started using my powers, everyone assumed that it was special effects when in reality, it was real. It is just that people do not realize that.” He then doused the fireball by placing his hands together. “So you see, Carrie, we are all the same. It’s just that once in a while, we have these special gifts, and how it is used is up to us.” Jago held Carrie’s hand with his. “I know that you’re afraid of your powers and that’s normal. As you said, you are still trying to get used to it. The point of it is that you can still have a normal life, even with that. You shouldn’t heed what others say or think because deep down, they’re afraid.”
“So how can I get them to not be afraid of me?” Carrie asked.
“By doing things that can lead to a positive impact, something to let them know that you’re not a threat, but more importantly, just be yourself. Keep in mind that it is about perspective. If a person sees something they have yet to understand, that is when fear overtakes them, followed by anger, hate, then finally, they become evil.”
Carrie fell silent. Thinking back how most of the residents had treated her from Chamberlain, she wondered if it was fear…fear of the fact that she was the daughter of a religious fanatic, and predestined to follow in her mother’s steps.

4 Likes

Thanks for liking the clip, guys. I added more scenes on Chapter Four and progressing well. I got a question, though. If I wanted to incorporate a fight scene, how should I start?

Do you mean how should you start getting it incorporated in the story, or how should you start writing out a fight scene?

Assuming the latter, I’d say try to find cool/accurate ways to describe the special moves of the characters involved. That way you can create good imagery and such. Maybe try and take some pointers from the KI novella scene with Kim and Shago?

That’s all that comes to mind, sorry if you meant the former.

It’s all good. I just needed some advice in case I needed to put fight scenes in future chapters.

@CriticalSix4677 and @TheNinjaOstrich how did you like the latest clip, despite the spoiler warning?

It was pretty good! Curious to see what kind of damage Carrie inflicted on poor Aganos XD

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/64457543.jpg

Meanwhile, just added the ending scenes of Chapter Four; only need to close the gap in the middle

1 Like

Since I’ll be done with Chapter Four in due time, I’ll leave you guys to speculate what will happen in Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Coming Soon! TBD

2 Likes

Oh dear…got writer’s block again, but this time, trying to figure what living accommodations the monks had in each temple. May need help :sob:

Maybe the monks live in small rooms complete with a bed, a rug, some simple draws and a miniature version of the tiger statue to pray to before they go to bed :smiley:

Seems like a good idea. Might use that for the Sera Temple since the main characters are spending the night there.

Edit: what would be a good spot to meet other monks, especially when being introduced to Carrie?

1 Like

(Did my best to keep it clean and match forum perimeters)

Taking place several years after Killer Instinct Season 2 and 3.

Sabrewulf laid slumped over in his red velvet chair, sipping away red vine from a rusted gold chalice. He began to doze off in front the the burning inferno going in the fireplace until he heard something enter his chamber.

His ear flickered and he imitated turn around to see who dare enter his domain and disturb him. Tossing his chalice aside he leap into and lands on all four to face whoever entered his home.

Sabrewulf developed an image of a mad wolf, snarling, growling all alike. But something wasn’t quite right… The intruder that stood before him held a striking to the beast himself.

“Aroo…?” Sabrewulf let out, then the stranger step into light and confirmed Sabrewulf’s suspension…

It was his long lost son of him and Riptor. He was on a journey to seek out his father in order to rescue his mother Riptor from being terminated by the evil UltraTech for insubordination and breaking the laws of the species boundaries.

He name was… SabreRip.

1 Like