Kan-Ra videos

I’ve never really tried to utilize it before honestly. But for what it’s worth after playing around with Eyedol on his release I’m able to do his run cancel without much effort.

So what I was doing wrong was pretty obvious now that I think about it. I was trying to cancel out of the heavy AD instead of the Back HP manual. I don’t have it down 100% yet but at least I’m able to do it.

1 Like

@FREEKYJASON are you interested in getting some advice on your match vs that Cinder you played on @UABass’ YouTube channel?

1 Like

@lHagenl I am always interested in advice as I have tons of room for improvement.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/bn_L6iR_mDE

okay, first things first,I don’t like that MU and I know the struggle. Cinder can easily avoid/ignore all of your zoning tools. It’s one of my worst MUs and that’s why I was especially interested in your match.

So here are some things that I saw you doing/ not doing:

No offense and don’t get me wrong but it seems you realy don’t like to do any post combo setups. No swarm ender, no spike ender, not one single flipout setup? why not? It was a FT10 so you had plenty of time to test him on this. Don’t end your combos with shadow spike! You need that damage from the enders. It’s like you refuse to end combos how they are supposed to end.

You gotta learn how to break Cinder!

cr.HP xx m.spike is a bad idea when you don’t hit the light normal xx whirl recap or cr.LP flipout. He lands next to you and that’s the worst place you want him to be. Same thing with doing cr.MP xx m.spike from close up on block. That’s one mistake you did a lot and that cost you a lot of matches. It’s a free invite!

That low flame thrower move hit you waaaay too often

I know there was a discussion about it before in the Ra forum, but I still think that you should never ever use Ra’s shadow linkers unless they kill or for counter breaker bait. They just suck and he broke them way to often. Also, no Counter breakers when he already proved he likes to break them. You need that meter for shadow counters, especially in that MU, because Ra’s keep away just doesn’t work here as well.

st.HK into curse? why? clutch into curse? why? go for damage, because curse isn’t that effective vs Cinder anyway

that AA clutch in the second match was VERY important. You gotta make him afraid to use that route and he was in the next couple of matches. IMO that move is the key in that MU.

Winning the first round with a back+HP normal, dash, throw is very cool. Definitly gonna steal that from you.

Shadow trap is the best move in the game. Unfortunatlely in your case it messed a lot with your setups (strike hitting the same time as your clutch). You have to be more aware of it’s timing.

While I start to like raw whirl as a move a lot more, I think you over’whirled’ a lot. That move is negative on block and bring’s you next to your opponent. Not a good choice.

His DP has to get punished every. single. time. He even got away with wiffing it way too much. I gotta work on that, too

Again, please don’t take any offense and excuse my english. I hope I could help a bit.

1 Like

Watch your feet bro lol I completely agree with this. @FREEKYJASON

I think curse is very effective against cinder actually.

Please explain! Shadow trailblazer is uneffected by curse and the normal version moves farther. Because he can change his jump arcs with it you don’t really gain match time to react to a jump.

EDIT: Let me explain that a lil further. IMO if I had to choose between curse and damage, I’d go with damage in that matchup.

Hold on. Long post incoming.

1 Like

The way I play kan ra is very curse based. Whatever I do, I don’t go in unless I have a curse on you to augment your speed in normals.with cinder, you can Bette react to his air shenanigans and place scarabs without them getting blown up very quickly. Cinder has no neutral so passing buttons during his regular trail blaze is advized. The key to beating cinder in this match up is not respecting his options from trailblazer, shadow counter EVERYTHING. Only rushdown when cursed to stop trailblazer and use sand to super jump to use jumping medium kick to clip his air options. His jumping medium kick has no hurtbox like his other far reaching normals

Streaming some mummy action right now

twitch.tv/lhagenl

Ranked match Vs Hisako:

1 Like

While that whirl setup after clutch is kinda cool, I don’t see the point in doing that.

Why not just go for easy damage and use the sand for an antlion recap?

Unless you opponent has meter that setup is very hard to avoid. But than you have to recap with whirl which is a horrible recap. That setup also kills your trap so the risk reward ratio is not in your favour.

You can use that setup after a shadow clutch ender because than you already did some damage.

Oh, and you gotta punish her teleport.

I used to use that whirl setup myself. If done properly the scarab after the flip will force your opponent to block it, allowing you to throw another one which will generate a ton of meter and give you time to get another sand trap out.

I later deemed it required to much strict timing and stopped using it. I now go for anti air clutch instead of j.LP for the flip out into a meaty b.HP.

It hits people that like to press buttons and has massive push back against anyone that blocks, which you can cancel into a scarab or into clutch for another set up.

This has netted me much better results and I personally recommend using it.

1 Like

The opponent was able to break on reaction, I wanted to avoid the recapture for this reason, I rarely counterbreak since they are too risky and unreliable.

I was doing the setup wrong or her hurtbox is too low, but you can cause block stun if done right and have a bunch of mixup opportunities. I use whirl sand alot, not only for meaties but assists as well and I think its crucial to utilizing kan ra.

I do punish her teleport but in that instant i saw no need to nor didnt want to risk lag rollback getting me opened or countered for half my life bar or to get stuck in another reset loop, i was getting scarabs out and controlling her space regardless.

First things first: No offense to you. Just stating my opinion on your play style
I use whirl a lot, too. It’s just that one setup I don’t agree with.
You can recap with antlion and go straight into linker and than continue with manuals.

If you are not able to punish teleport because of roll backs you should work on your internet connection. It seems like you are developing bad habits because of that.

Work on my internet connection? Lol. Lag is uncontrollable, packets can drop, things can go wrong randomly on both ends of a p2p connection.

I dont develop bad habits, i compensate. I wasnt punishing the teleport not out of a bad habit, i already explained my reasoning for not punishing it. I controlled space with scarabs either way, and set her up to stand still which is what I wanted.

You prefer your approach and I prefer the split second decision making I personally made, not one is wrong or right. Either way, my method and approach seemed to have worked oujust fine

fair enough

Fubuki won 8bitbeatdown tonight.

Is there some footage?

1 Like