Kan-Ra videos

Safe to say I don’t play the mummy. :grin:

Sleep, the one and only, king EZ, Hecrob and myself that I know still play him on rare occasions.

So apparently, Mikosu IS Balsamic-SU. I don’t know if the names got mixed up at some point, or if Mikosu decided to add a pun to his/her name. I’ll be searching for some vids and post up here.

3 hours of @CStyles45 playing Kan-Ra

https://www.twitch.tv/cstyles45/v/66495812

All in all I think you are playing a good Ra but you are not playing him correctly at the same time. You make some very good reads but:
-way too many unnecessary grab resets. You are getting away with murder.
-you play Ra way too unsafe.
-you are wasting meter on shadow moves in combos (that don’t even add ender levels as you said yourself).

And the worst part: no real use of shadow spike, the best move in the game.

my highlight is the mirror match at 2:16. @FUBUKI142 is doing a lot of cool Instinct stuff and crazy setups. He is using whirl as an assist and I like that

00:29:40

I actually hate this guy

I’m actually gonna wait a minute so I don’t quit my stream 3 matches in

GGs @CStyles45

LOL, you have 3 hours of footage @lHagenl that I can study since I’m doing so much incorrectly?

Thanks

I didn’t want to offend you at all @CStyles45 . My words were a bit harsh and I want to apologize. I have have a lot of respect for you and I just wanted to help you out.

You have to use shadow spike more efficiently. It really is the best move in the game and you can completely shut down your opponents with it if you use it correctly.

I noticed it was easy to get in on his ra because I punished his command grab shenanigans. He does adjust though. I think he retreats and swarms slightly too often. I played him with jago and all I needed was fireball windkick follow up. However I haven’t seen your other points about his ra yet. It seems pretty decent. I think he could do slightly more pressure. Use the purple hitbox normals to keep me in check.

I’m still curious why I pissed cstyles off so bad, it wasn’t intentional, and I know he’s a level headed guy judging by his past streams. Also noticed the chat criticizing me as well. One other guy said he’d be salty if he had to play me as well.

Just looking for insight, maybe I’m doing something unintentionally rubbing people the wrong way.

Edit: After re-watching, I just outplayed him, and he got salty for getting bodied. End of story.

As I said @CStyles45 has a good Ra. He is just using too many grab resets for my taste. They are very unsafe and do not a lot of damage. And he isn’t using shadow trap as much and as efficiently as he should.
The very last set against that Maya player looked like a breaking point though. He used shadow trap to keep out Maya and he was even able to seperate her from her daggers.

Maybe it is just another playstyle with Kan-Ra that I use. I try to be as safe and lame as possible. I don’t use clutch in neutral that often, because I don’t like the risk-reward ratio. It’s all about conditioning of course. And I never use meter for anything else than shadow counters and shadow traps, especially not in combos, (both his shadow linkers are just bad in every way).

1 Like

Fun Fact: CStyles45 was one of the first best Kan-Ra players in Day 1.

Day 1? Maybe first week can’t remember.

2 Likes

@CStyles45 just hit the crap out of me using shadow trap. I am proud lol

It was terrifying to experience what it feels like to get cornered by Ra with a shadow trap under you.

1 Like

just me being annoying with Shadow Spike

https://youtu.be/saPYUsYuGfE

2 Likes

very solid set of SketchGFX NS vs Bass’ Jago

His Ra is extremely safe and I like that a lot. He doesn’t go for unsafe shenanigans but plays the keep away game all the time. His spike play is just awesome. Constant cursing Bass’ Jago.
One thing I dislike about his game is his lack of shadow trap usage. He sits a lot on his meter, not using it.

https://youtu.be/jtEQs2hFwOo

His Ra was on point the first couple of matches and than somehow he seemed to crack…

I like the way dude was using Shadow Spike. I wish he followed up on his hit confirms. Most of his checks were legit, and would’ve landed more combos. Some combos that ended with scorpion sting would’ve been better if he used Whirl to catch and extend combos. Great spacing overall though. :thumbsup:

Finally was able to sit down and watch this video in its entirety. As a Kan Ra player there is so much I can learn from videos like this especially when I encounter a lot of Jagos on Ranked. Seems as if I need to use the scorpion stinger much more especially in full screen engagements. I had always stuck exclusively to spikes.

Great set from both players obviously.

1 Like

Hey guys. Wanted some input from some fellow Kan Ra players. I found this video that Fubuki142 made of a S3 Kan Ra combo.

I’ve been trying to mimic it but early on in the combo after he pops instinct it seems like he cancels his HP linker into the sand dash but for the life of me I can’t figure out how he did that. Here’s the video:

All of Ra’s normals become dash cancelable in Instinct. So he does an AD xx instinct cancel, back+HP xx dash

1 Like

I must be doing something wrong then. I’m hitting HP and literally mashing forward to try and cancel it but it just isn’t happening.

hmmm…does it never work or just only not in that specific combo?