Kan-Ra S3 general discussion

I was testing for a couple minutes last night, there is a pretty good vortex involving three enders. When I have the chance, I will link a video and an explanation

Hey so I remember I used to be able to flip out opponents with medium command grab after a regular command grab. But since the patch came out I havenā€™t hit it once. I havenā€™t been in the dojo to test it yet but did they change something to remove it?

I can try and test later on today after my class, Iā€™ll hit you up in a couple hours

1 Like

Iā€™m doing it perfectly fine. So either youā€™re doing the M. Clutch input too early or too late

1 Like

Essentially, from ender 1-4, (In the corner) you can do a wall splat ender, to a clutch, not only does that keep the opponent in the corner due to the hard knockdown that clutch ender gives, but if you happen to have sand under the opponent, you can recap and either go for the clutch ender, (damage cashout)or spike ender ( or shadow spike for crazy corner setups). Those two enders seem to be the most optimal. However, I have experienced something where when I recap with the antlion, I end up cornered. I donā€™t know how/why that happens, but if that does happen, you should go for swarm ender for a few obvious reasons. One, to keep the opponent cornered, and two, disables the jump option for your opponent. Iā€™m going to be looking for some one chance breaks involving these, since all two/three enders are unbreakable. It gives us players some extra damage and more setups

1 Like

No one has ever said it better. 100% facts.

1 Like

I just want the air actions back after air scarab i should be able to press a normal

2 Likes

The devs think its too strong cuz u could cover 2 options at once ( yet most of the cast cover multiple options at once e.g glacuis).Just to add to that

1. fix the bugs in his antillion recap and whirl linkers that cause unintended opener enders situations

2. Fix his shadow scarab that sometimes doesnt give five hits and let it have real advantage on block( it cost meter)

3. ability to instinst cancel an explosion.,Every one can make themselves safe in event of mistakes with instinct cancel ,why not him?

4. they should explain why he is -26 on hit after air scarab opener. Depending on the opponent size, u can whiff the followup and you are completly open while landing

They probably wont touch him, so the post doesnt matter lol

1 Like

Sadira, Gargos, Rash, Cinder the list goes on all have this ability for multiple air actions that cover multiple options. yea I hate when scarabs hit like 1 time or just disappear for no reason. I dont think there is a character that cant instinct cancel a blocked reversal except Kan. SandExplosion hitbox is trash

I dont think they will do anything either and I can still win with him even without these things in most cases just makes some of his matchups lopsided but i suppose if he had those changes it could make matchups that he is decent in lopsided so meh

The chars that lose against kan ra, arent that good themselves and they are like 3 or 4 of them.

Some of kans bad muā€™s like rash , I ask myself if they test these muā€™s themselves before releasing balance changes

1 Like

Yea some of his bad MU seem horrible Rash is def one of the worst. Thunder seems awful as well he doesnt have to respect anything and Everything Kan does is re-actable nothing thunder does is re-actable if he goes for a command grab there isnt some animation telling you to jump. just get grabbed. Shadow is worse get grabbed for a free 20 percent with juggle opportunity / flip out setup. What would be fair is since you can react to Kan shadow and it only does like 11% is you can hold up to get the anti air you can still backdash free so no worries

It canā€™t be any worse than Sadira vs. Gargosā€¦ That match up was as lopsided as you could get until Gargos got nerfed.

THen again, any match up versus Rash is pretty bad. The frog has amazing buttons, damage, mobilityā€¦ I hates the frog.

Then again, you did destroy me with Kan Ra the last time we foughtā€¦ I might need to pick up the frog for revenge! :smiley:

1 Like

No truer words have been said

1 Like

I think thereā€™s no way Kan should have an unjumpable command grab. Thunder is strong at exactly one range, while Kan is strong at multiple ranges and can cover missed command grab attempts. They arenā€™t meant to be the same type of thing.

Kan has obviously been an extremely hard character to balance, so it should surprise no one that the end result of his balance wonā€™t satisfy all people. And he will have some bad matchups, Rash in particular I think, where zoning is ineffective and he canā€™t handle close range either. But I think thatā€™s to be expected from his archetype and something you have to sign up for if you want to play Kan.

The devs buffed his frame data significantly in the last patch, so the post that necroā€™d this thread seems pretty odd to me.

5 Likes

Hmm, I think the shadow air version could be expensive to animate. They could instead lower the recovery of his cmd grabs on whiff to compensate for the fact they made it more reactable.

@SoSRaGnArOk ggs man, Honestly I think sadira wins it. I just played alot of sadira before who beat me badly.I have played UL saltgod and TD lumiere, it is hell. When u get the mu knowledge u will see sadira does well

This has cost me so many matches when trying to go into ultra. After antlion recap and shadow whirl it is hard to tell which side you are going to end up on sometimes. Sometimes I get the ultra but other times it goes into the scarab ender and they get a ā€œget out of jail freeā€ card.

1 Like

Yea I dont dis agree @Infilament I just dont like the fact that everything he does is re actable but it is true shadow scarab can cover him well if you can get one out regular scarabs not so much they will hit the scarab when they hit you in my experience. Maybe ill experiment with that some. Kan is fine for the moment I am still finding things for him all the time.

Truth is there is a way to tell where you will end up with antlion whirl not so much but there are time when i miss the visual cue when the match is really close. I have experimented with Whirl and honestly with the exception of shadow counters in the corner you can make it pretty consistent by steering it a little. But it is true if you are really focused on the match you will probably miss it a crouching kick manual should work if you are unsure about whirl even though it gives them a chance to break

1 Like

I imagine there are ways to use regular scarab to cover your command grab attempts, but I am not a Kan lab monster. Also I agree that a lot of Kanā€™s stuff is reactable but thatā€™s not really the full story of courseā€¦ he can overwhelm you pretty easily and force you to try and react to multiple things at once, and in practice you just end up getting hit. Same reason why Glacius gets away with Shatter a lot, because itā€™s just really hard to always react correctly and I think Kan does a better job of that than Glacius probably.

No doubt heā€™s a hard character to maximize, but I think he has a really high ceiling so just gotta keep working towards it, even in the face of some frustrating stuff sometimes.

1 Like